DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6691|United States of America
Way to go, Argentina! Too bad they got it during the wrong seasons Crazy Southern hemisphere folks, with their hot snow falling up and the like.

Pictures
Article
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6656|Washington DC

DesertFox- wrote:

Way to go, Argentina! Too bad they got it during the wrong seasons Crazy Southern hemisphere folks, with their hot snow falling up and the like.

Pictures
Article
Wow ... global warming is creating all sorts of strange phenomena.   
officer_matt
I eat noobs for breakfast
+23|6235|Switzerland

OrangeHound wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Pictures
Article
Do you really think it is global "warming" that causes snowfall?
-=]NS[=-G.I.Doh
MMMmmmmmm Dooonutz!
+13|6210|Out for donutz!
Yea, I thought it needed to get cold to snow...Global warming, Baaaa
OrangeHound

officer_matt wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Pictures
Article
Sorry, my intention of irony doesn't come across well in forum posts ... the global warming advocates are always pointing out instances of unusual warming, but ignore unusual cold & cooling phenomena
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6757
you never seen 'The Day After Tomorrow' ?

The Earth heats up, the ice caps melt which then cool down (and reverse) the Gulf Stream. This then cools the air around the east of USA and causes loads of havoc.

or something like this
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6699

DesertFox- wrote:

Way to go, Argentina! Too bad they got it during the wrong seasons
What do you mean wrong season? It is winter in Argentina now. I went there a few summers ago, to Buenos Aires. It must be pretty awesome to see snow on the ground there. The climate there is about the equivalent of Georgia in the US.
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6664|WPB, FL. USA
So much for the theory of global WARMING 

Send it to Al Gore - he'll blame it on President Bush - I can hear it now;
Bush, you egological noob!  Ur 1337 attitude in South America is making for a major haxzor chilling effect on Argentina!  Next it will be over hundreds degree in Iraq!!!
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6656|Keyboard

DesertFox- wrote:

Pictures
Article
I bet you've got straight A's in Geography.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6699
Why is everyone cracking jokes about global warming? It is WINTER there. It is not like it's snowing in the dead of summer or something.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-07-10 09:08:15)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6532|South Florida
AWESOME! Wheres Serge, isnt he from argentina??
15 more years! 15 more years!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6691|United States of America

Yaocelotl wrote:

I bet you've got straight A's in Geography.
Matter of fact, I did.

Superior Mind wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Way to go, Argentina! Too bad they got it during the wrong seasons
What do you mean wrong season? It is winter in Argentina now. I went there a few summers ago, to Buenos Aires. It must be pretty awesome to see snow on the ground there. The climate there is about the equivalent of Georgia in the US.
Notice the wink. When the Simpsons travelled to Brazil, something along the lines of "They have summer during our winter" was said by Lisa to which Homer responds "So it's opposite land. Crooks chase cops..." and some other examples where Lisa replies "No, Dad, it's just the weather" where Homer ends the conversation by saying "So hot snow falls up?" and Lisa responds affirmatively rolling her eyes.

Also, I'm hoping some global warming person will migrate from the D&ST section to straighten a few things about that idea out, even though that was not my intention in making this post to discuss that particular matter.

Last edited by DesertFox- (2007-07-10 09:14:58)

OrangeHound

Superior Mind wrote:

Why is everyone cracking jokes about global warming? It is WINTER there. It is not like it's snowing in the dead of summer or something.
Because the stereotype of global warming is that it should produce less ice and snow ... not more.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6688|Disaster Free Zone

OrangeHound wrote:

officer_matt wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

Sorry, my intention of irony doesn't come across well in forum posts ... the global warming advocates are always pointing out instances of unusual warming, but ignore unusual cold & cooling phenomena
Then you have no idea the effects global warming has on the climate.

Global warming increases the likely hood of freak weather. Things such as freak snow, flooding, blizzards, hurricanes, tornadoes, hail etc happen naturally, but global warming will increase the severity and frequency of such phenomenons. So this kind of weather can very easily be contributed in part to global warming.
jamiet757
+138|6629

OrangeHound wrote:

officer_matt wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

but the entire world is getting warmer, so obviously it doesn't just make some places hot, it messes with the way the weather changes, and the weather patterns are changing, so just because someone says global warming doesn't mean that it only gets warm, it means that the world is changing and the weather is changing with it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard