NZDeathBoy
+20|6718|Chch, New Zealand
SD-8 Accipiter
https://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf2142/images/uav_drone_sentry.jpg

One of the most underpowered and un-used weapon used in 2142, and for good reason.
For the last 2 days, I’ve been using it, every round. And I’ve noticed quite a few things that are REALLY crappy about it.

It still kills you when you deploy it. Not every time, but enough to be annoying, as you die and lose 2 points. Also it deploys and knocks about 50-80% of your health off.

It should have the system like the out of bonds thing. You have 15 secs to get off it, or away from it. Then you die. (Or cut it down to 5 secs.) Instead of this BS instant death. Doing that would still prevent the drone surfing.

Another glitch with it is that it some times, just instantly self-destructs. Once it does that, don’t bother trying to use it for the rest of the round. Can’t seam to think of a way to stop it doing it. But next round it will work.

The Accipiter should not only work off net-bat (which it does rather poorly.) It should work on range too. I.E. if an enemy is sneaking up on you, it should start firing. Twice today I was able to knife a SL that had an Accipiter. It didn’t even know I was there.

Having a proximity fire range would make this a lot more enjoyable to use.

The net-bat doesn’t quite work. If I’m looking at an enemy, it doesn’t fire. I could kill the enemy with a pistol before it starts to fire. But if a squad member sees and enemy about a mile away, it’ll start firing.

It would also be nice if the Accipiter had a health bar that all squad members can see so you can repair it if it’s getting damaged. As I’ve tested that you can repair it. As I was in a walker with it deployed, and I was getting team Vehicle damage and repair points from the drone.

That way you’ll be able to keep it going for a lot longer. Waiting to re-arm with ammo to reboot the drone is a pain.

Any thoughts?
BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6312|Malaysia
Use the Accipiter in combination with an Infantry Sonar and Pulse Meter.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6361
I have to admit, I never used it. Never, not one second.
But I got killed by one of `em once. I knifed a SL who had the drone deployed, then it started firing at me. I was so surprised that it actually locked on a target that I completely forgot to take cover and got mowed down . lol.

The exception that proves the rule I guess....

Sisco out.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6288
I used it once and at one point i took on 3 guys. I killed 2, then got killed myself, and the drone finished off the 3rd guy.

But thats the only time i've ever got someone with it. Its pretty damn useless.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6692|Canberra, AUS
Urgh...

Used it last round I played.

Killed me three times in a row, and blew up on activation SEVEN times.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Magius5.0
+106|6399|UMass Amherst
I think I'll take the Otus Drone over the Accipator, any day of the week: the only way it kills people is by accident for chrissake.  Would it kill them to maybe take a look at it for patch 1.40?
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6614|Michigan, USA
Friend of mine used to be #1 in the world with it back when 2142 came out, never understood how he did it, I can honestly say in my meager use of that thing it has never killed me, or self destructed randomly, but has gotten stuck inside of buildings and exploing, as well as generally doing nothing even after targets were located.  Its pretty much worthless, but Ive had some pretty awesome kills with it.  Eh dont use the drones anyways, dont really do much when working, and tend to give away your postion quite easily.
NZDeathBoy
+20|6718|Chch, New Zealand
My best round for killing with it was 3 Hehehe. And They where kills I wouldn't have been able to get with out it. As I think I was dead
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6595|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
BAH! For myself i just walk normally when deploying it...work perfect...also made a kill with it!
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6361

Roger Lesboules wrote:

BAH! For myself i just walk normally when deploying it...work perfect...also made a kill with it!
Lies!! Or haX!!!

Gotta try that thing today, I´m really in the mood for it.

btw. One of those things almost shot me again yesterday. I saw it locking on after I killed its occupant, then realised it has guns underneath and blasted it.

Last edited by Sisco10 (2007-07-12 03:07:01)

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Commando
+8|6619
This thing is the most useless "weapon" in the whole game. I have 5 kills with it, all were after I died and very delayed. I try to give this thing a chance, but it just doesnt repay my faith! I got knifed once by someone from behind because the damn thing gave my position away. It didnt even fire at or detect him. Whats the bloody point of this then???? The accipiter has so much potential, but its programed horribly. EA pull your finger out and do something, it cant be that hard can it? Its meant to be the mother of all squad leader unlocks, instead all it is is a big shiney metalic sign that says "Shoot Me" with an arrow pointing downwards

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard