Ryan
+1,230|6869|Alberta, Canada

I have a 1:1 scale airsoft gun of an M4 Carbine. It's see through, except for the handle and the buttstock.
I'm planning to spraypaint the see-through parts matte black, but I'm going to make sure to tape up certain parts so they don't get all gunked up.
I'm also gunna leave the orange tip, well, orange, just in case.

Is this a good idea to spraypaint it?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6670

if you do, make sure you take it apart and do only the frame you want painted. it will be cleaner and you wont have to worry about how to set it up so it dries properly with no runs, or messing up the internal components.
agent146
+127|6413|Jesus Land aka Canada
http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn … ing101.htm
EDIT: not much but a nice short read.
EDIT2: wtf "see through parts"? canadian tire huh?

Last edited by agent146 (2007-06-28 17:33:19)

Ryan

Right, cause I'm going to take off th buttstock and take out the clip and tape off the part of the clip I don't want painted.
I'm just gunna make sure that it doesn't get all gunked up with paint.

agent146 wrote:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn … ing101.htm
EDIT: not much but a nice short read.
EDIT2: wtf "see through parts"? canadian tire huh?
Yeah, my dinky little town doesn't have any stores that are dedicated to airsoft. My parents bought it for my for my 14th birthday, so they ordered online, but that was the best they could find without asking me. It was also a good price

That link has some good tips, but I want it black, not camo

Last edited by Ryan (2007-06-28 17:35:47)

l41e
+677|6674

Waitwaitwait...how'd you get an airsoft in Canada? I thought importing them was essentially illegal.
Ryan

k30dxedle wrote:

Waitwaitwait...how'd you get an airsoft in Canada? I thought importing them was essentially illegal.
They sell airsoft guns in Canada....
agent146

k30dxedle wrote:

yes it is. but there are some places that legitly sell airsoft in the major cities. I think Ryan meant his parents ordered it online within canada; reconsidering that he "lives in a dinky little town" they don't have it in at the store.
Ryan

agent146 wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

yes it is. but there are some places that legitly sell airsoft in the major cities. I think Ryan meant his parents ordered it online within canada; reconsidering that he "lives in a dinky little town" they don't have it in at the store.
They have pistols at Canadian Tire, but I have been wanting to order a metal, full scale 47 for quite awhile. But my parents won't let me.
agent146

Ryan wrote:

agent146 wrote:

k30dxedle wrote:

They have pistols at Canadian Tire, but I have been wanting to order a metal, full scale 47 for quite awhile. But my parents won't let me.
hmm i have to say this i think i have to say this. but from airsoft site forums alot of people don't consider the pisols and rifles at canadian tire to be "airsoft" but rather "airguns" because at C tire the pistols use a co2 cylinder and are made from western companies like crosman and etc while airsoft consist of mostly oversea companies aka tokyo marui, ICS, etc. No offense but when i asked my airsofting friend what does he think about the "clear see through rifles at C tire" he says they are "for pussies" If ya want a full metal ak do expect to pay 400+ C-dollars
Ryan

agent146 wrote:

Ryan wrote:

agent146 wrote:

hmm i have to say this i think i have to say this. but from airsoft site forums alot of people don't consider the pisols and rifles at canadian tire to be "airsoft" but rather "airguns" because at C tire the pistols use a co2 cylinder and are made from western companies like crosman and etc while airsoft consist of mostly oversea companies aka tokyo marui, ICS, etc. No offense but when i asked my airsofting friend what does he think about the "clear see through rifles at C tire" he says they are "for pussies" If ya want a full metal ak do expect to pay 400+ C-dollars
Well I got a see-through one from Crosman, not Canadian Tire.
And there are a few 47's around on eBay,b ut I don't trust them, and they don't ship to Canada either.
Also, what I have might not be 'airsoft', but that's what I call them.
+0|6174
Not a good idea..
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6671|Canada
Well seeing that you are in Canada, you can legally remove the orange tip or paint it. Canadian airsoft guns are legal without the orange tip. I would do the same thing, I'm really not a fan of the see-through ones at all.
agent146

CaptainMike wrote:

Well seeing that you are in Canada, you can legally remove the orange tip or paint it. Canadian airsoft guns are legal without the orange tip. I would do the same thing, I'm really not a fan of the see-through ones at all.
ya thats only one thing that pwnzor about canadian airsoft, you can take the out the orange tip legally but then you also need to treat it with more respect (dur) and ya see through ones tend to be....cheap.
USARANGER01
+35|6674|America
kinda off topic, but its really nice to see a thread related to airsoft without some idiots going "OMG airsoft SUCKS ASS!!! PAINTBALL FTW!!!", cause thats usually what happens WHENEVER airsoft is mentioned
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6743|Riva, MD
Be careful, my friend fucked up his Berreta after spraypainting it.  The firing components went bad from it somehow.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6513|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
https://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/kheihn/IMG_0542.jpg
I had the same type, clear with orange tip. I just used regular spray paint and then put some left over parts from my M16A4 on it.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6316|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

SgtHeihn wrote:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/ … G_0542.jpg
I had the same type, clear with orange tip. I just used regular spray paint and then put some left over parts from my M16A4 on it.
A real one, I take it?

The M16A4, that is.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
agent146

cowami wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/ … G_0542.jpg
A real one, I take it?

The M16A4, that is.
he said "clear with orange tip...put some left over parts from my m15a4" i will assume its an airsoft rifle with some real steel m16a4 parts. correct me if i am wrong
Ryan

_j5689_ wrote:

Be careful, my friend fucked up his Berreta after spraypainting it.  The firing components went bad from it somehow.
Well I put one coat of primer on it, and the parts still function properly. So I don't think I have ruined it.

Also, I guess I will paint the orange tip then
Dont_be_sS.V2
+22|6195
Get an Airbrush, Badger ones are good beginners ones.
Ryan

Well I finished painting it, but the flat-black paint I used turned out to be quite rough
Still looking cool though. I'll post pics later.
l41e
+677|6674

_j5689_ wrote:

What kind of Beretta? Springer/EBB/gas?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard