Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6813|Bulgaria
I just downloaded and installed the final version of Tampa. I wanted to try it - I got 3 crashes to desktop!!! So far I am unable to join a server running it!
COuld it be because those servers are still with the beta version of Tampa??? pls help!
Jamesey
I HATE you
+26|6181|Scotland!
Most likely yes.
MRmajpayne69
+1|6176
What do the other servers have to do with the crashing to desktop? Mine has done this since I downloaded the Beta.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6517|Menlo Park, CA
I just got the same thing (CTD to desktop). . . . . Hopefully its just the servers havent updated their map yet!
j4mi3-k1ll3r
+19|6673|Behind that RPK-74
Bump .... Same here. No biggy Don't think i'll take to that Map anyway

Last edited by j4mi3-k1ll3r (2007-06-28 18:15:11)

san4
The Mas
+311|6714|NYC, a place to live
I've got the final version and I CTD whenever I try to join a Tampa server.
JamesGold
+18|6482
Same problem!
+0|6174
This happens to me too
killaer
+41|6744
EA wins at life yet again
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6494
You need to re-patch

Also the many servers are still running the beta for HT, and so you CTD if you try to join those ones.
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6678|Spokane, Washington

It is because the majority of the servers are still running the beta map. There is no visual difference on the server list between the beta and the final versions. If you have the final, the beta servers will show up and it will seem that they are running the final from your end, when they actually are not.
killaer
+41|6744
Why would you need to re-patch? I think it's just that the servers are running the beta, I don't think there is any need to repatch..makes no sense to me.
Bruce-SuperNub
SuperNoob
+26|6175|Scotland
Map doesn't sound all that great anyways.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6813|Bulgaria
OK, finally I was able to join a Tampa server, played for 2 rounds, and NO POINTS! Stats still don't update!!!!!!
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6517|Menlo Park, CA

Unclean009 wrote:

It is because the majority of the servers are still running the beta map. There is no visual difference on the server list between the beta and the final versions. If you have the final, the beta servers will show up and it will seem that they are running the final from your end, when they actually are not.
There is a visual difference, the main bases are uncaps now, the beta still has them as capturable bases. . . .just an fyi
GenericKen
+1|6178
Had the same problem. Re-applied patch, but haven't tried it out yet.

I got into one server earlier, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't the beta version. The main bases were uncaps.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6742
EA strikes again... Taking a great game and destroying it one patch or map at a time... lol
Love is the answer
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6678|Spokane, Washington

fadedsteve wrote:

Unclean009 wrote:

There is a visual difference, the main bases are uncaps now, the beta still has them as capturable bases. . . .just an fyi
This I know. That wasn't my point. My point is that there is no way to tell which servers are running the beta still, and which are on the final version.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6721|UK
I had no troubles apart from the map being shit itself
Marinejuana
local
+415|6611|Seattle

Unclean009 wrote:

killaer wrote:

Why would you need to re-patch? I think it's just that the servers are running the beta, I don't think there is any need to repatch..makes no sense to me.
fabiator14
+7|6177|Normandy - France
uninstall beta first and install final version

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard