m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6696|UK

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

fitz8402 wrote:

A muslims #1 mission is to convert or conquer those who wont convert
I wonder why no-one tried to convert me when I was in Morocco, Turkey, Jordan or Palestine? I wonder why Nezzar on the 1st floor or Imran on the 5th floor hasn't tried to convert me either? Or conquer me for that matter...

*yawn*
Try passing off a skinny red head as muslim.
rrrrrriiiigggghhhhhtttt.......because all muslims are darkies with long black beards?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6580

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

fitz8402 wrote:

A muslims #1 mission is to convert or conquer those who wont convert
I wonder why no-one tried to convert me when I was in Morocco, Turkey, Jordan or Palestine? I wonder why Nezzar on the 1st floor or Imran on the 5th floor hasn't tried to convert me either? Or conquer me for that matter...

*yawn*
Any idea why they didn't lop my infidel head off then? I've a pretty jewish looking nose.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6480|The edge of sanity

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

*yawn*
Any idea why they didn't lop my infidel head off then? I've a pretty jewish looking nose.
Say ur carrot top and want to be a muslim. Remeber according to sterotypes we all look the same to muslims.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6381|CA, USA
I've heard that the only education that the Taliban allowed was through the Koran.  That's their textbook and playbook all rolled into one.  Is math and science in the Koran?

It's a shame since they will never progress beyond 5-7th century unless they have a firm grasp on tech.  I guess they aren't much interested in progress.
too_money2007
+145|6333|Keller, Tx
How does one "look Taliban"?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6668
the word taliban, by definition, means students.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6381|CA, USA

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

*yawn*
you were a tourist in those countries, no?  i'm sure they were more interested in your $$$ than your head. 

Nezzar and Imran are just 2 people.  Once you have overwhelming majority of muslim people living in your building and you are the only non-muslim (i'm assuming here), then things might be different.  Just look a how non-muslims are persecuted in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia and Indonesia.

Also, they know that you post on these boards and can be an effective mouthpiece for their movement.  just kidding. 
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6645|London, England
- WTF is a NZ person doing in Pakistan, especially the Tribal area (unless he was of Pakistani origin, even then...)

- After reading that story, looks like the guard killed one of those fools and they ran and didn't get their job done,  +1 to whoever the guard was.

- About the question in the title of the topic, probably, but with the Muslim world not giving a shit, how the hell am i, a non-Muslim, supposed to know what Islam really is? Exactly, they're not giving a shit, which makes me think they think it's ok, therefore, it probably isn't un-Islamic.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2007-06-26 09:22:40)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6760|Salt Lake City

I just love how Christians claim to follow the new testament, until it suits their needs to quote from the old testament.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6580

CaptainSpaulding71 wrote:

you were a tourist in those countries, no?  i'm sure they were more interested in your $$$ than your head. 

Nezzar and Imran are just 2 people.  Once you have overwhelming majority of muslim people living in your building and you are the only non-muslim (i'm assuming here), then things might be different.  Just look a how non-muslims are persecuted in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia and Indonesia.
Two words: immigration control. It's something we like to practice here in Europe.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6381|CA, USA
This just in...they captured one of the suspects and here's a picture...

https://media.ebaumsworld.com/2007/06/rosie.jpg
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6381|CA, USA

CameronPoe wrote:

Two words: immigration control. It's something we like to practice here in Europe.
Good for you.  I wish we'd wise up and follow suit.  Not sure it's uniformly practiced across all of Europe (cough *France*) but i see the underlying idea.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6725

Kmarion wrote:

Skruples wrote:

The Bible is chock-full of this sort of thing, but I don't have time to look up any more. If you care to include direct acts from God Himself, you can read up on the Biblical flood and the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Anyway, I think fundamentalist, crazy muslims are as bad as the next guy, but let's not forget that the 'nice' religions that live over here are based on equally abhorrent values.
The Bible evolved. Leviticus is the old testament.

As far as I know there hasn't been any revisions to these statements.

Qur'an:9:5      "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Qur'an:9:29      "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission."

Qur'an:8:39      "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah."

Qur'an:8:39      "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)."

Qur'an:9:14      "Fight them and Allah will punish them by your hands, lay them low, and cover them with shame. He will help you over them."

Qur'an:8:65      "O Prophet, urge the faithful to fight. If there are twenty among you with determination they will vanquish two hundred; if there are a hundred then they will slaughter a thousand unbelievers, for the infidels are a people devoid of understanding."

Ishaq:578      "Crushing the heads of the infidels and splitting their skulls with sharp swords, we continually thrust and cut at the enemy. Blood gushed from their deep wounds as the battle wore them down. We conquered bearing the Prophet's fluttering war banner. Our cavalry was submerged in rising dust, and our spears quivered, but by us the Prophet gained victory."

Qur'an:5:94      "Believers, Allah will make a test for you in the form of a little game in which you reach out for your lances. Any who fails this test will have a grievous punishment."
It is my understanding that fundamentalist Christians and Muslims believe that the entirety of their sacred texts is the literal word of God. The Bible may have evolved (or been intelligently designed. I know, cheap shot), but the passages I quoted are still a part of the greater text. Their worth was clearly considered great enough to have remained a part of the teachings of the religion. Thus, to a fundamentalist, it doesn't matter that the New Testament is less violent, because everything in the old testament, including the bits about a wrathful, angry God who isn't above the odd genocide or two, is equally important.

Again, I'm not trying to endorse or even excuse the sorts of xenophobic or genocidal mentalities that are espoused by the above quoted passages, but merely pointing out that many religions carry with them some quite violent and bloody heritage. Fundamentalists of any religion (except Buddhists, I mean, what're they gonna do?) are a problem for everyone except other fundamentalists of their religion.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6656|949

Kmarion wrote:

Interpretation is everything.

“Those who know nothing of Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war.   Those who say this are witless. Islam says: 'Kill all the unbelievers just as they would kill you all! Kill them, put them to the sword and scatter their armies.'”

The Ayatollah Khomeini
It's amazing that the Constitution of the United States says nothing about the separation of church and state. That phrase does appear, however, in the Soviet Constitution, which says the state shall be separate from the church and the church from the school. People in the educational establishment, and in our judicial establishment, have attempted to impose the Soviet strictures on the United States and have done so successfully, even though they are not part of our Constitution."

Pat Robertson

And I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say: "You helped this happen."

Jerry Falwell, regarding who was/is responsible for 9/11
Commie Killer
+192|6411

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2007/06/rosie.jpg
Is that the real Rosie O'dickface or just a look alike? And yes, I am serious.
fitz8402
+10|6635|The Halls of Montezuma

Kmarion wrote:

“Those who know nothing of Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war.   Those who say this are witless. Islam says: 'Kill all the unbelievers just as they would kill you all! Kill them, put them to the sword and scatter their armies.'”

The Ayatollah Khomeini
You cant argue with that!  I dont know why so many people believe that Islam is a religon of peace.  Open up a history book.  It never has been and never will be.  +1
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6381|CA, USA

fitz8402 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

The Ayatollah Khomeini
You cant argue with that!  I dont know why so many people believe that Islam is a religon of peace.  Open up a history book.  It never has been and never will be.  +1
the religion of peace moniker comes from the translation of the word 'islam'.  it depends upon who translated it.  some people say the word 'islam' means 'peace' and others say it means 'submission'.  i tend to agree with the latter.  that is, submission to the will of allah.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6381|CA, USA

Commie Killer wrote:

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2007/06/rosie.jpg
Is that the real Rosie O'dickface or just a look alike? And yes, I am serious.
hahaha.  i got it off of ebaumsworld.  it's a photochop of Kalid Sheikh Mohammad (sp?) with Rosie's face superimposed.  i wouldn't doubt that she also has a hairy chest though.  *hurls*
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6586

I've heard that the only education that the Taliban allowed was through the Koran.  That's their textbook and playbook all rolled into one.  Is math and science in the Koran?

It's a shame since they will never progress beyond 5-7th century unless they have a firm grasp on tech.  I guess they aren't much interested in progress.
Uh.....yeah, no.  One of the themes of Islam is that science and learning are great achievements, and historically Muslim rulers put a great deal of money into both science and the arts.  In fact, whilst Europeans were stuck in the dark ages, they were preserving the books from ancient Rome and Greece, which wouldn't have survived otherwise.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6369|Twyford, UK
From what I learned in school, Islam has similar tenets to christianity on the whole killing thing.

Therefore taliban is to islam as KKK is to christianity.
CaptainSpaulding71
+119|6381|CA, USA

Bubbalo wrote:

Uh.....yeah, no.  One of the themes of Islam is that science and learning are great achievements, and historically Muslim rulers put a great deal of money into both science and the arts.  In fact, whilst Europeans were stuck in the dark ages, they were preserving the books from ancient Rome and Greece, which wouldn't have survived otherwise.
and where are they now...

where are these great scientific leaders in the islamic world?  where are the steven hawkings and carl sagans and issac newtons of this culture?  i'm sure you are correct about the middle ages time period, however, since the 15th century...what have they contributed?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6586
Shall we start here?

And you're right, they haven't contributed much in modern times.  Kinda like all the other cultures the were lucky enough to recieve Western intervention.  Funny, that...................
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6645|London, England

Bubbalo wrote:

Shall we start here?

And you're right, they haven't contributed much in modern times.  Kinda like all the other cultures the were lucky enough to recieve Western intervention.  Funny, that...................
Don't you understand, that was all BEFORE the rise of Islam. Besides, there were other countries not in the ME mentioned in that Article.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6580
Major Muslim contributions to the world (in terms of inventions):

Distilled Alcohol (cheers!)
Hard Soap
Shampoo
Coffee as a drink
Spectacles
Gunpowder weapons
Grenade
Bullet firing weapons
Torpedoes
Crankshaft
Conrod
Flywheel
Mechanical Clock
Watch
Anaesthetics
Antiseptics
Pendulum
Forceps
Syringe
Scalpel

To name a few. This forum is bordering on outright racist/creedist these days.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-06-27 02:32:05)

Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6755|Uhh... erm...
Regarding the original topic, yes, kidnapping school principals is very unIslamic. The kidnappers are disrupting the schol systems and preventing knowledge from being passed on to the young ones.

The problem with all fundamentalists is that they take their respective scriptures far too literally. The Quran prevents Muslim males from wearing gold. Does that mean they can wear platinum? I don't think so. The point of that particular Islamic verse is that Muslim males shouldn't wear any aesthetically precious metal. When the Taliban reads the Quran verses which someone quoted a while ago, they think of it literally and start killing others. They don't take the time to read the rest of the Quran, otherwise they'd have found the passage where Muslims are instructed very vividly to protect non-Muslims, and treat them well. It's the same thing with Christian fundamentalists. When they read the Bible too literally, they claim that Jesus is the son of God, when he's a human being. One would imagine that a true son of God wouldn't be harmed by thorns, nails or whips.

Sorry if I offended any fundamentalists here, but then again, if you are a fundamentalist, then you deserve it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard