b.branscombe
+5|6202
I downloaded and installed the 2142 demo, but when I try to run it a message that pops up and says "application failed to install because d3dx9_29.dll was not found.", or something close to that anyways.  When I look on the FilePlanet download page for the 2142 demo it says:

In an effort to reduce download times the Battlefield 2142 Demo does not contain a DirectX installer. Please be advised that in order to play this demo players must have Directx9 installed and should ensure that the d3dx9_29.dll is present in your C:\WINDOWS\system32. We look forward to playing online with everyone. See you on the Battlefield

So my question is, what is this magical d3dx9_29.dll, and where do I find it?

Thanks.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5598|Vacationland
I would like to know too , the search yields nothing.
Edit: nvm *sigh* stupid game

Last edited by Narupug (2009-06-09 12:38:42)

Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6150|San Antonio, Texas
Easy as pie, at the very least, for other games that have this similar problem. Download the .dll from here: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-f … l?d3dx9_29 << *sees comments* Hey, other people needed it too. :p

Then put that .dll file in the BF2142 folder. Should be DRIVE:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142. That is, if the demo's game folder is close to the full copy's.

The game should magically pick it up, and you shouldn't have the error.

Last edited by Cyrax-Sektor (2009-06-09 12:54:15)

Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine
And tbh, 2142 demo suck and wont give you real representation of the game because gameplay is dependant on unlocks and there isnt any in demo ;(
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5598|Vacationland
sucked tbh I figured it out just googled the file name.
All laggy ick
If the demo is just extremely laggy let me know and I'll disregard it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard