Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6236|United Kingdom
yeah, so should i go for the Hiper 530W i posted?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland
The 530W is a lot stronger, but don't go for it if you are stepping out of your budget. 530W is more than plenty! I am an ex. owner of a Hiper Type-R (if you really want to know what happened to mine, PM me) and they have very good amps also!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Or you could just post what happened to yours...

EDIT: Cryle, I notice you have a P180. I take it the cables on the HX520 are more than long enough for it? Do you need any extentions?

Last edited by ghettoperson (2007-07-07 02:43:56)

Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6236|United Kingdom
i mean this hiper kyle : http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products … uid=112899

edit : i'm sat on IRC kyle .. it'll be easier than post exchanging

Last edited by mitch212k_2 (2007-07-07 02:45:46)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland

ghettoperson wrote:

Or you could just post what happened to yours...

EDIT: Cryle, I notice you have a P180. I take it the cables on the HX520 are more than long enough for it? Do you need any extentions?
I loaded up BF2 Sandbox and it blew up..

Anyway, yes the cables are more than long enough! The P4 Cable I had to get an extension because my P4 Cable is way up at the other end of the case lol, but that's it.

Mitch > that seems like a fine PSU for your system.
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6236|United Kingdom
ok ... just one more question, how much will it impact teh power bill? if at all?  just wondered
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland
Honestly I'm not to sure. I don't pay the bills! Certainly though, between me and my brother we use well over 1KW and the bill hasn't increased much. In the UK, I think you are allowed a maximum of 24KW? I'm not to well versed in my electricity bill I can find out if you like, though..
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6236|United Kingdom
nah, np - i also don't pay the bills - just wanted to know if the bill would triple that's all - if there's no noticeable impact for you rthen there's np, cheers for all the help

can't karma you cause i did yesterday - but i will as soon as i can
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland

mitch212k_2 wrote:

nah, np - i also don't pay the bills - just wanted to know if the bill would triple that's all - if there's no noticeable impact for you rthen there's np, cheers for all the help

can't karma you cause i did yesterday - but i will as soon as i can
No problem! There is definetely no noticable impact. I don't even tell my dad (he pays the bill) if I am upgrading my power or anything
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6236|United Kingdom
i don't intend to either, even if i did they still woldn't understand
bajabug69
+2|6534|Oz
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6454|USA
NEVER EVER skimp on a power supply. Here's a great list of brands to avoid : http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=974240
Basically everything that comes with a case is shit. 99% of the time at least.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland

elite.mafia wrote:

NEVER EVER skimp on a power supply. Here's a great list of brands to avoid : http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=974240
Basically everything that comes with a case is shit. 99% of the time at least.
Not a bad find, although I disagree on the Thermaltake PSUs. Also, they say that the listed below PSUs should not be used for high performance or overclocking - not standard home use. They are are still pretty bad though, especially Q-Tec.

Edit > Sumvision is not on that list, when it should be!

Last edited by leetkyle (2007-07-30 07:54:02)

Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6392|fåking denmark
So, bassicly I should change my PSU because I have a NorthQ?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland

Lieutenant_Jensen wrote:

I'd recommend so. Well, what are your specs at the minute?
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6392|fåking denmark

leetkyle wrote:

Lieutenant_Jensen wrote:

I'd recommend so. Well, what are your specs at the minute?
No actually, it's a very good brand, making high-quality products ..

Website
Brasso
+1,549|6631

Kyle, please take a look at my PC specs thru Xfire Profile. 

http://www.xfire.com/profile/haffeysucks/

Do you think the OCZ StealthXStream 600W would be able to handle my computer fine?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland
Yes haffey, an OCZ SXS 600W would handle that system fine

Some NorthQ are alright, others are not. What model do you have? I am pretty sure they are in the non-recommended list but regardless of that..

Last edited by leetkyle (2007-08-05 03:26:51)

Smithereener
+138|6316|California
*raises hand* Question!

What is efficiency in terms of PSUs? I'll assume it's probably along the lines of the literal definition, therefore, more efficiency = better. But care to explain?

Why I ask - Seasonic/Enermax/Toughpower Series/Corsair PSUs on newegg show efficiencies up to around 88% and are pricier for that. Is it a major factor?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland
More efficiency = better, yep.

The efficiency of a power supply is an important factor if you pay the electric bill! A higher efficiency power supply will mean that you aren't using as much electricity as you might be on a PSU that is, say, -10% efficiency of what you are running now. A high efficiency is quite important for a system that runs for a long time (eg. almost all day or all day)
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6392|fåking denmark
Kyle: NorthQ NQ4775-500S
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland

Lieutenant_Jensen wrote:

Kyle: NorthQ NQ4775-500S
I can't find any reviews, but I did take a look on the NorthQ site and the specs seem alright. Although, the lack of reviews does concern me.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6842|Cologne, Germany

as an addition, here is an online tool that lets you calculate the recommended wattage power for your new PSU, based on the components.

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psuc … orlite.jsp
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland

B.Schuss wrote:

as an addition, here is an online tool that lets you calculate the recommended wattage power for your new PSU, based on the components.

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psuc … orlite.jsp

POWER SUPPLY RECOMMENDATIONS

For the lazy and incompetent (you skipped down here, I can insult you), here's a small list of some recommended PSUs at different prices. To calculate how much wattage you actually need (I recommend you go pro for amperage etc), check out Outervision.
+664|6842|Cologne, Germany

ups, sorry, kylef.

*bows*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard