Azygos666
+0|6747
Ok for one let me say AWESOME site.  Thank you for taking the time to break down all the goodies on the awards and such and though annoyed at the answer atleast now knows why my unlocking the medic's weapon a second time seemed rather pointess.

Now to get to the heart of the matter as I tried the search, found some brief answers that seemed to work for others but no dice for me.  Trying to get the "Meritorious Unit Ribbon" and has one big question.  Are the 40 team points your individual contribution to the teams score?  Thats about all I can think as the last time I was sure I passed the 26 minute mark was when I was SL, scored my "Infantry Officer Ribbon" and my team ended up with some 73 points.  Now I know the IOR is 1 minute less then the MUR, but there where 30 tickets left and the game lasted a good 5 minutes more.   

Oh and one other thing....how in the hell do I turn off the auto-load???  Everytime I log in I sit there watching a spinning two, helpless to do anything, while my account tries to log into some random server. 
Thanks all and happy holidays

-Wolf
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6813|Noizyland

Your team score is in the second column from the left. It has nothing to do with what your overall team gets. It measusres how you have helped your team. For example, you get one teampoint for a neutralise assist, another for a capture assist. You get two if you get the neutralise/capture alone. reviving team mates if your a medic earns you two points. Repairing, resupplying and healing is one each. You also get a teampoint if you hurt as enemy about half way and someone finishes him off for you, (a kill damage assist. you also get them if you're the passenger in, say, an APC, and the driver gets a kill.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Azygos666
+0|6747
so basically i need to be in or leading a squad for 26 minutes and get 40 points?  Has topped 40 points several times but usually is SL when I do, do I need to be just a squad memeber?  Also do the points have to include a bit of each (capture, defend, resupply, heal, etc) or when I run around as a medic for 30 minutes would that count?

Thanks
Azygos666
+0|6747
Only been playing the game for about 5 days so is having a blast.  Anyone that frequents servers over in the Pacific/Asia/Australia?  Latest favorite late night it Japan's Blue Moon servers.

Last edited by Azygos666 (2005-12-15 03:08:54)

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6767|Honolulu, HI
Amen--if you live in the Pacific then generally the best pinging servers you'll find, especially around midnight and later, will be Japanese.  I use the FU clan's pretty frequently (as you can tell from the timestamp, I'm also a bit of a night hawk).

As for the Meritorious Unit Ribbon I'm not sure how I got mine.  All I remember is being squad member on Sharqi, playing a crapload of Medic, and somehow ending up with a lot of points.  I wasn't specifically going for it, but I thought, "Freakin' sweet."  I guess that's my meaningful contribution to this thread, if you're trying for the MUR, join a squad as soon as the round starts, throw first aid bags willy-nilly, and revive anything that dies within 40 meters of you.  You'll get 40 teamwork points with luck.
Azygos666
+0|6747
Ok guys, just finished trying for like the last hour, and I had a watch going on this one.  Was in a squad for 37 minutes (plenty of time to account for loss of time due to deaths).  my score under the trophy was 53, the score in the second column was 32.  Is it this second column that needs to hit 40+ or is the server just hating me tonight?
-Wolf
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6786|The United Center
yes, your teamwork score must hit 40.  team work is in the second column.

this score consists of things such as flag captures, flag capture assists, heals, revives, resupplies, repairs, kill damage assists, driver ability assists...

anything that helps your team and not you individually.
Azygos666
+0|6747
ahh...well one more question then.  Do you lose team points when you fail to defend a flag?  I lost 6 mysteriously between one life and another however it never flashed saying team damage or TK.

-Wolf
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6767|Honolulu, HI
As far as I know, you get -4 for a team kill, -2 for team damage, -1 for team vehicle damage, and -2 for a suicide/voluntary team change.  Maybe you suicided 3 times?  Not sure how else you could lose teamwork points.
[FB]Eraser
Back in battle after 3-year break
+39|6760|Switzerland
What I know, you only loose team points for TK's and T-Damages and suicide. Perhaps you didn't see the message flashing, because you was dying at the same moment. How did you get killed? Was you freakin' around with some explosives and died together with mates in your own blast?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6755
play on EATW servers

u can lose 6 team points by accidently damaging and killing ur teammate
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
{504th}T/4.Stryker
+0|6767|Winnipeg, Manitoba
lol, my friend was always asking the same thing how come I aint getting any medals or anything?

it was becuz he never went into a ranked server, what a fool hope that did m't happen to you and it just took aawhile to update or something I find that when I get a medal or ribbon in game by the time I quit and go to the BFHQ button it already updated my stats... then by the time I exit game open firefox click the first link in my favouries my stats have been updated on BF2S now that cool
Azygos666
+0|6747
well, snagged another ribbon but no luck on the MUR...will give it a bit more then probably head to sleep.  See you on the servers
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6777|The Hague, Netherlands

you just have to have 40 teampoints, like 20 people revived,or flags(20 flagcaptures) and when you see you have the points you only have to wait for the 26 minuts(in a squad offcourse , Leader or Member). thats all

Last edited by -=>cSc<=-*RunDje*cT| (2005-12-15 11:09:04)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
nitroglycerin [SWE]
+0|6766|Falsterbo Sweden

Azygos666 wrote:

Oh and one other thing....how in the hell do I turn off the auto-load???  Everytime I log in I sit there watching a spinning two, helpless to do anything, while my account tries to log into some random server. 

-Wolf
It's when you start BF2 through "play BF2 online now" you'll get conected to a server as soon as you logged in. If you simply start BF2 through "BF2" (or something like that) it'll just get to the menu.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6816

Azygos666 wrote:

-Wolf
Do not click the icon with "play battlefield 2 online NOW".  That does the autoload into a server thing.
CackNBallz
+45|6782|Toronto, Canada

-=>cSc<=-*RunDje*cT| wrote:

you just have to have 40 teampoints, like 20 people revived,or flags(20 flagcaptures) and when you see you have the points you only have to wait for the 26 minuts(in a squad offcourse , Leader or Member). thats all
Capping flags by yourself or if you are the first one at the flag gives you 4 points.  2 for neutralizing the area and 2 more for the actual capture. Otherwise it is 2 points; 1 point for neutralize assist, and 1 point for capture assist.  There are always exceptions, where you are the second person at the flag you get 1 point for neutral assist then the your teammate gets killed and you finish the capture you will get 2 points for the capture for a total of 3 team points.

Another scenario would be if you get the full 2 points for neutralizing, then leave the area for a few moments and then come back to capture while a teammate is there with you.
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6759
Hmm i think the Internode servers are quite good. Not sure though, i've never played on them (300+ ping, wee ).
However, have fun playing the game
Erkut.hv
+124|6774|California
Try a 32 player server with only 20 or so people in it. Good amount of tickets, and can play well as a squad.
Azygos666
+0|6747
Thanks guys.  A group of buddies and me where running a couple games pretty late, still no luck as I am starting to think Im cursed, but figures I will get it probably the moment I stop trying to get it.  Found a server I have to say was on crack...64 people running on a 16 player map.  Mad chaos, but easy wins so oh well.  Anyways, what do you all use for teamtalking?  Tried running ventrillo, teamtalk, and roger wilco all with more or less crappy results.  Lately our trick is running the game on the computers, and cranking on our Xbox'x so we can link up on Halo2 and just use the headsets to talk.  Works as far as playing with a group on the lan though does get awkward at times.  Computer mic works fine but even cranked all the way up it doesnt seem to regester in game anymore, I think I need to somehow get back to the mic set up screen that I saw when I first installed the game.  Any idea how to get there?
-Wolf
Azygos666
+0|6747
Alas, I finally get the team column to 56 points....but the battle ended at 23 minutes.  Go figure
Azygos666
+0|6747
finally got it, (and snagged a few others along the way).  Now it looks like Im down to three badges and I will have managed to get all the basic ones.

-Wolf
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6763
War college ribbon is down to your kill death ratio and so do i need a kdr of 3 or above to get it?
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6883|Germany / Saxony

Lt.Maverick|Lw| wrote:

War college ribbon is down to your kill death ratio and so do i need a kdr of 3 or above to get it?
Not K/D ratio, it  is the win/loss ratio that must be 3 or above...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6763

Eckzack wrote:

Lt.Maverick|Lw| wrote:

Not K/D ratio, it  is the win/loss ratio that must be 3 or above...
K Thx

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard