Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6312|Outside your Back window
I dont mean to pesimistic (if thats how you spell it) But how long will it seriously last?
Think about this before you reply, now what kind of maps do most point whoring bf2 players like? (infact most bf2 players in general)
The answer is maps like karkand where you can get lots of points from simply throwing grenades and maps like wake where you can get loads of points from a j-10.
Big balanced maps where you may get about 25 kills per round do not last! Evidence= zatar wetlands, daquing, oman, fushee. In my opinion these maps are so much more fun, however, i dont play on them much anymore because hardly nay servers run 64 player maps that include these. Its all 24/7 wake, jalalabad, karkand.
Really is  a shame because most new players have never experienced the days when EA use to run 64 player servers which hosted all the big maps.

SO after the novelty of a new map wears off, how long do you honestly think this map will last?!

Edit: I actually like the map, incase any of you thought i hated it, Im just simply saying what most bf2 players are like

Last edited by Ace.O.Lamb (2007-06-11 06:02:25)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6531|N. Ireland
8 seconds.
<^0|7h3-64m3|^0>
+25|6286|Lisbon, Portugal
tampon lol
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6734|UK
20 minutes 31 seconds
Chou
+737|6829
Who really knows
Ninja_Monkey
I TK For Blackhawks
+60|6603|UK

<^0|7h3-64m3|^0> wrote:

tampon lol
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6409|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

<^0|7h3-64m3|^0> wrote:

tampon lol
Wow your quick of the mark aren't ya

Armour map, armour whores.....not a suprise its so popular as its been quite a while since Jalalabad came out. The fuss will die down, it will still be used, like every other map on BF2. Wont die out....

Kinda the wrong thread title really should be: 'How long will Highway Tampon be popular' or something to that effect.

Actually, I dunno why I bothered writing this....who cares eh!
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6362|Graz, Austria
You forget that this map is really useful if you want to get your expert armor and your expert engineer badges.
Medal of Valor too.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6619|Melbourne, Australia.
Worst map ever. That and zatar

...and Songhua

Last edited by -[Silver.Inc* (2007-06-09 05:47:04)

KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6490|Cambridge, UK

Its good if you miss DC of BF 1942
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6568|Belgium

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

...and Songhua
Songhua, the ultimate sniper map.

Tampa, the ultimate armor whore map.

They both have something going for them..
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6691
It's a beta.

no jets. No choppers. far more tanks.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6595|Brisbane, Aus

Right now, it'll last 40 mins

If they stick a Bomber in, 2 mins

Intel shoulda funded a city map where hundreds of ads wouldn't have looked out of place

Last edited by Fenix14 (2007-06-09 06:31:16)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6658|Mhz

SargeV1.4 wrote:

It's a beta.

no jets. No choppers. far more tanks.
0_o there are jets on Tampa.

The map's dull in the extreme for me so it lasted all of about 15 mins

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2007-06-09 06:31:48)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6506

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

...and Songhua
You fail at Battlefield.
Ryan
+1,230|6881|Alberta, Canada

2.554 seconds past 4 minutes before 1.43 hours.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6734|UK

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

...and Songhua
You fail at Battlefield.
Zatar & Songhua > Tampa
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6499
A while, for me at least. Its my new Karkand I get 60 points easy every round and plenty of combat despite its huge size. Love how the commanders hide at the boat spawns, just knife them over and over.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6619|Melbourne, Australia.

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

...and Songhua
You fail at Battlefield.
10-4.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6661|EU

LOL I haven't even tried it yet but you are talking about dieing

/1 month
Donald O' Brien
+104|6742

Fallschirmjager10 wrote:

A while, for me at least. Its my new Karkand I get 60 points easy every round and plenty of combat despite its huge size. Love how the commanders hide at the boat spawns, just knife them over and over.
What account do you play this map on, because both of the accounts you listed show you haven't played a single round of Highway Tampa.  I'm not accusing you of anything, i'm just wondering.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6558|Adelaide, South Australia

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

...and Songhua
Songhua pwns face.
{Sn][per} Sumguy666
+1|6222|Calgary AB Canada
it will stay around. it wont be as popular as karkand or jalalabad, cant imagin it as a I/O map, but it will still hang around. i dont really like it, which is odd because youd think that a person who plays mainly sniper would like it for long range, but its just too big for my tastes. plus there is too much armour, if you like, and if you can actually do it, you can try armoured squad play, but considering how most people play in this game, its unlikely to happen.

as for the rest of the maps, i play all of them cept karkand, jalalabad and songhua. i play them every now and then, karkand i usually only play on my group server, but i usually hang around oman, dragon and mastuur. and lately zatar and dalian, (they are good maps, you can rack up a lot of kills if you know what your doing).
ReTox
+100|6537|State of RETOXification
I have some experience in real armour, specifically one of these bad boys:

https://www.toxic-nation.com/toxicnation/images/240px-Leopard1_cfb_borden_2.JPG

I really like Highway Tampa because, until now, I could only get the same sense of "cruising in armour" in PoE2.  I think the air power is perfect right now but I wouldn't be opposed to the attack choppers (1 per side) joining in.

In all it is a far more realistic battlefield that most other maps.
BlackKoala
+215|6363
Add about five more fast-movers per side and the map would be perrrffeeeccctttt.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard