maverick749
+2|6392|New England
I originally was using just 2GB kit of G.skill DDR(800) 5-5- 5-18 and added another kit of the same stuff. I got no problems with just 2GB but when I added the other 2 sticks I started getting random graphic corruption and freezing which led to a restart and happend many times. When there are graphic corruptions I would ALT TAB to desktop then TAB back and the graphics would be normal agian. Does this happend to others with 4GB of memory and how can a fix this?

I already tried raising the volts to 2.1 and that did nothing. Also would using
6-6-6-18 help? is that the correct timings after 5?
[FHF]MattyZ
What the Deuce?
+29|6705|Washington
Sorry, only 3Gb here.  Wish I could help, or even had the 4Gb!
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6790|The United Center
Are you sure none of the memory is bad?  You might want to check that out.
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6830|Barrie Ontario
try going back to 2 or 3 gigs because i also had 4 gigs and it really felt like it ran better with 2.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6481|King Of The Islands

I assume you're using a 64-bit OS to get the available 4GB. Even so, BF2 is 32-bit so what's the damn point?

Just take out a stick.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Teknoir
+5|6689|St. Paul, Minnesota
If the memory is the same type, you can try a couple things to troubleshoot...

1.)  Make sure you don't have a bad stick.  Pull all four.  Start by testing two at a time in the appropriate paired slots.  If all works fine, try the next two, then, all four.  (and while doing this... be sure your testing where the problem is occuring)

2.)  If you're still having problems, I would wager it's the voltage.  You might want to default ALL your BIOS to factory settings and test from there.  You might have a tweak enabled it doesn't like.  I run into that all the time.

3.)  The other thing is with any 32-bit system, 4 gigs is a LOT of RAM and a lot of addresses for a system to run through.  It can actually slow a system down depending on the weakest link in your PC.  But then, I don't know all the details of your rig either, but just my thoughts. 

2 gigs of DDR2 800 RAM should be plenty to run pretty much any game or application out there with no problem.  Unless your doing some serious multitasking and running multiple applications while you're gaming, I'd pull em.  You'll have much better results.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard