mr. LuxusLexus
+11|6220

Enzzenmachine wrote:

if you explained your problem a little bit more, we could help you.. firstly what's the message you receive when you try to play AF or EF ?

you can't install EF and AF at all ? have you patched vanilla and SF ?

but as I buy EF through EA downloader I don't know how it works when you buy it in a shop.. but you need to get EF and AF activated...
The problem is with the activation. The booster pack does not show up in EA link under "my games"

Last edited by mr. LuxusLexus (2007-06-15 05:38:54)

fps_doug
+0|6168
I just installed the booster packs finnaly but now when i go to play the maps it says i have to buy and install the booster packs then I patched it to version 1.41 and then it said the same thing can some1 help me
MyITGuy777
+0|6164
Okay - I've been having this same issue for months now.  Basically, I have a retail copy of BF2 Deluxe, and a retail copy of the Booster Pack including SF, EF, and AF.  It took me a while, but I was able to register successfully all of the above, however I can only install BF2 and SF.  When I install the booster pack only SF comes up - at no point do I have any access or short cuts to AF or EF.  I have installed 1.4 in just about every combination possible.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled more times then I can count.  Finally I said forget it - and am in the process of downloading the AF and EF torrents seperately to see if they will install.  Being that I was able to activate with my retail keys, I'm hoping the torrent files will install and will resolve the issue, and I will follow up and let you all know.

I don't know if this is just a bum release from EA or if it's an OS issue.  During the process of uninstall, I have gone so far as to also manually rip all remaining folders, files, and registry settings.  I've tried this using Windows XP and Vista on 3 seperate computers, and I always get the same result.  BF2 works fine, Special Forces works Fine, but there is no trace of Armored Fury or Euro Forces.  I've checked EA and it shows that I have registered and activated BF2, Special Forces, and the Booster Pack Collection.

I am clearly not the only one with this issue, and I'm chalking it up to another of EA's retarted attempts at being cutting edge.  -- I'm still peaved that the servers haven't been updating for about a week now and I'm out 40+ hours of stats, but that's another issue.  Good luck and I'll keep you posted.  -

Should this work I will laugh all the way to the bank. -- The Retail version is crap, but the Cracked torrents actually Work???
dead_rac00n
+12|6488|DTC
Maybe it's a dumb question, but when you launch vanilla and check the servers browser, do the EF and AF maps show red ? (uncheck the 'same mod' box in the filters).
I wonder this, because I remember that SF is something distinct from vanilla. I mean you can launch BF2 SF without using your BF2 vanilla disk. Whereas for EF/AF, you can't play "just them" (I don't know if you see what I mean).
In short, they are "included" with vanilla, whereas SF is not.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6330|Graz, Austria
Indeed.
EF and AF just add 6 new maps to the standard game, while SF is technically a mod, started separately.

You should be able to see them in the server browser if you have installed them.
(BTW, the latest version is v1.41. This might be a reason that you don't see any servers.)
MyITGuy777
+0|6164
Okay so this is just weird.. I went back and check my Retail box and paperwork.. The Booster pack box says on the cover - EF and AF Now on 1 DVD! -- that is the DVD I install, and it is as if it is just putting 1.4 on.  I get that there are new maps, but there are supposed to be new weapons, and tanks and planes and such.  I've yet to see and A10!  So I go online and check my player stats - and I have time on BF2 and SF, but none on AF or EF. -- So I look at the paperwork some more, and find a flier in the box that says I have to download AF and EF from EA.com using the prepaid code.    What a terrible way of doing this.. -- So I go to EA to download and go through the whole process only to get a Sever is down error from EA, -- and to try back later.. -- I just download the AF torrent and installed, but havent tested.. I want to finish getting the EF torrent so I can also install 1.4 again.. I will post if this works or not.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6330|Graz, Austria

MyITGuy777 wrote:

Okay so this is just weird.. I went back and check my Retail box and paperwork.. The Booster pack box says on the cover - EF and AF Now on 1 DVD! -- that is the DVD I install, and it is as if it is just putting 1.4 on.
What install files are there on that DVD?
Normally, EF and AF have ~360MB and ~390MB respecively. The 1.40 patch has ~550MB.

MyITGuy777 wrote:

I get that there are new maps, but there are supposed to be new weapons, and tanks and planes and such.  I've yet to see and A10!  So I go online and check my player stats - and I have time on BF2 and SF, but none on AF or EF.
There are new weapons & vehicles, but on those 6 booster pack maps only!
Have you tried joining a server that runs one of those maps? Have you tried to play single player on one of them?
http://wiki.bf2s.com/maps/battlefield-2-euro-force
http://wiki.bf2s.com/maps/battlefield-2-armoured-fury

MyITGuy777 wrote:

So I look at the paperwork some more, and find a flier in the box that says I have to download AF and EF from EA.com using the prepaid code.    What a terrible way of doing this..
Everybody used EA Link to download their EF and AF.
Although I always thought the BF2 Complete Collection has the booster pack files on the DVD, it seems that this is not the case.

MyITGuy777 wrote:

So I go to EA to download and go through the whole process only to get a Sever is down error from EA, -- and to try back later..
Have you actually downloaded EA Link, the download client that is used to manage all your EA downloads?
http://www.ea.com/ealink
It needs you to have an EA account, if you don't have one already.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6676|Everett, WA, US
After you install everything you must go online and register EU and AF under your player profile.  I had trouble with this too.  First you need to remove any expansions you have under your profile.  Do this by applying your older copy to some lucky person you don't know.  Then apply your new expansions to your profile.  Youll need to make a new EA profile first and then give them your BF2 name.
MyITGuy777
+0|6164
Thanks for the response Globefish23..   
Here are the files on the booster pack cd:

bf2  Folder
xp1 Folder
autorun.inf 1kb
data1.cab 500kb
data1.hdr 22kb
data2.cab 751,488kb
dist.vlu 2066kb
engine32.cab 460kb
layout.bin 1kb
setup.exe 116kb
setup.ibt 382kb
setup.ini 1kb
setup.inx 215kb

xp1 folder==
Patch.rtd 126kb
Patch.rtp 19,074kb
bf2 folder==
patch.rtd 477kb
patch.rtp 498,270kb

-----Okay - that said -- You answered my questions in such that I haven't found servers hosting games utilizing the maps in question -- so I tried to play them single player and got the registration message on 1 of my computers.. Tried it on the other and it worked --   I totally uninstalled and deleted all BF2 references from the machine in question, and reinstalled.

I think I left an old nocd patch in the main EA folder and that was hosing everything up.  I'll know in about 10 minutes when all is done reinstalling.  I really appreciate you input.  I think these were in fact installed -- the maps at least - I just haven't found servers hosting them to play -- secondly the nocd patch was hosing up my ability to play them on this computer - but I used you links and got them working on the gaming puter in the office..

thanks again!!
Lai
+186|6157
If you read the manual you'll notcie you'll have to create a BF2 account first and then activate the boosterpacks at:

https://account.ea.com/commerce/bf2cc/code-entry.jsp

No registration tool whathowever needed, just a internet connection and browser. If it still doesn't work, try doing it on a friends pc or so, since you just need standard internet. If you have trouble creating an EA account, you can do it in much the same way and as I believe, "manually" register BF2 and SF by entering the registration codes on the "my games" tab.

Hope this helps,

Lai Dao

P.S. Note that your BF and EA account are not one and the same, they are linked as you register the boosters.
I also have the same problem. I bought the "all on one" disc expecting to quickly register.

P.S. Note that your BF and EA account are not one and the same, they are linked as you register the boosters.

Does this mean that you have to register on the in game registration to play the booster packs? Please let me know.

Cheers!
ProRacerNorm
+6|6606
click retrieve account if thats what i think ur having the problem with...sorry if this dosent help
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6720|Purplicious Wisconsin

globefish23 wrote:

Indeed.
EF and AF just add 6 new maps to the standard game, while SF is technically a mod, started separately.
If you guys knew the difference between expansions and booster packs you would know why EF and AF just add 6 maps to vanilla BF2, also you guys don't need to reinstall the 1.41 patch because it just adds 6 maps to regular bf2, it doesn't count as a mod.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
My entire story is this,
                                      I install BF2,and then I install BF2 Booster Pack collection. When the pre-paid code registration takes place, I enter the code with no dashes and in lower case. Then I enter an account name. The page redirects to a log in for my EA account. I complete the info and press submit. It takes me back to the pre- paid code page with my EA account name. If I press submit again, it says please enter a valid pre-paid code. Long story short, I leave the page and launch BF2. No account exists. I try to create an online account to play the offline content, I get a message that tells me I need to buy the game and download it. Emailing EA is practically useless. What can I do?
Lai
+186|6157

battlefield2gamingnut wrote:

I also have the same problem. I bought the "all on one" disc expecting to quickly register.

Does this mean that you have to register on the in game registration to play the booster packs? Please let me know.

Cheers!
Yes it does; you have to register ingame, create an EA account online or via the blue installation thingy and register your vanilla BF2 and SF to that account (it does so automatically if you use the blue installation thingy). Then you go to the specified site and register the boosterpacks to your ingame account; EA will then proceed to ask for your EA account and check if you have registered the vanilla BF2 game. If you have done so, both your ingame account and your EA account will be linked and you can play the booster packs (by logging in to vanilla BF2 with your ingame account).

Sorry I can't be more clear, the whole thing is just vague because the vanilla, expansion and boosters were originally released sepperately. The complete collection is not an all-in-one but rather a compilation of these parts on one DVD. Please read the manual carefully, I managed to get my game working by doing so (and swearing alot while trying).
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6330|Graz, Austria

War Man wrote:

also you guys don't need to reinstall the 1.41 patch because it just adds 6 maps to regular bf2, it doesn't count as a mod.
That's not correct.
Is there a way to break your way past the whole registration bit? Is it possible to do some sort of hardcoding, modding, textwork,etc?
darlekspeck
+0|6138
how do i regester my booster pack for bf2
Zololord
Banned
+2|6139
Place it in the nearest dumpster.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6792|Bulgaria

Zololord wrote:

Place it in the nearest dumpster.
muahahahah

You need to follow the link to EA's site, then you must log in before you can register your boosters. I know, it's not a detailed explanation, but I did it a long time ago and forgot what was it like.
Lai
+186|6157

darlekspeck wrote:

how do i regester my booster pack for bf2
I posted an explanation in two parts just a few posts above you
shoopysean
+11|6141
I have the Battlefield 2: Complete Collection also and found the exact same problem of EF/AF not registering. It sounds like it occurs very regularly. What you will need to do is contact EA Support so they can do it for you and then you're all set. EF and AF are some great fun!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard