Jaredt771
+0|6173
Well I already had Battlefield 2, but I was wanting all of the expansions on one disc so I bought this, little to my knowledge this was a bad purchase. I install and everything seems to work well, Battlefield 2 and Special Forces run fine, but EF and AF will NOT work at all. This may be because they won't register either. I tried using the registration tool that comes up when you are installing but for some reason it wont let me connect to the EA Registration System. I had 56K for awhile, and about a month ago I got Wireless Broadband, keep in mind I registered my old copy of BF2 and 2142 before I got broadband. Now I try to register the Complete Collection and it won't register at all. I turned off my firewall and that dosent seem to help. I tried going to EA.com and register through my profile but it will not let me since I've registered a copy of BF2 before. I have no idea what to do since I want to play Euro Forces and Armored Fury(mainly for the new weapons, SA80 and Famas anyone?)

I know that I kind of skipped around in there and it might be a little hard to read, but please bear with me so I might be able to fix this problem once and for all, since I tried reinstalling 4 times, but once again, no dice.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6390|The Gem Saloon
full reinstall.
Jaredt771
+0|6173
I've reinstalled 4 times, deleted everything having to do with BF2 and all of its expansions, it will not work. You did not even comment on why my internet cannot seem to connect to EA's Registration System.

Not a very helpful post if I say so myself.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6688|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
Yes it was. Reinstall usually fixes most of the problems.
Jaredt771
+0|6173
I said I've reinstalled! I'm mainly talking about the problems with the registration tool, my internet will not connect to it, therefore I cannot register my games!

Did you guys even read the entire thing or did you just skim through it?

EDIT: And before you guys say "Turn off your firewall kthxbai" it is off, and it was off when I tried the registration tool as well.

Last edited by Jaredt771 (2007-05-30 23:20:21)

K3rt6699
+70|6364
Cant you go use someone else's internet? Just for the registration...
Jaredt771
+0|6173
Technically I could, but it's not installed on any other computer in the house, but I could share the folder so I could access the registration tool.

Maybe if I tried registering from the laptop itself it might connect to it. What is strange is that it would register when I had 56K, but it will not register now, because technically I do not have an internet connection on this computer, I just share it.

Last edited by Jaredt771 (2007-05-30 23:27:28)

KuSTaV
noice
+947|6507|Gold Coast
Ask on the EA forums. Admins should answer the question, and my friend has the same problem too.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Jaredt771
+0|6173
Yeah I think alot of people have this same problem.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6712
after you installed EU and AF did you install the full 1.41 patch again? And are you admin on your computer?
Love is the answer
Jaredt771
+0|6173
Yes, but for some odd reason when I install AF it tells me to run the 1.4 patch, so I did that, and then I ran the 1.41 patch but that didn't work either. And yes I am an admin.
artofsurvival
Idiot!
+33|6353|the Great British Queendom :)
Try creating a second account first? When I brought the complete collection I had already got a bf2 account on both Vanilla and SF, at first it wouldn't let me play with the "old" account, so I created a new one, then had no problems at all. I can also play all with the "old" and new accounts so do not worry
Also you need to get to the online registration, but in order to do this you need to off created a new account. Hope this helps?

Last edited by artofsurvival (2007-05-31 00:58:22)

Jaredt771
+0|6173
Yeah, someone just suggested I do that on the forums I regularly go to, but thank you for the suggestion, I will definitely try that. Anything would help right now.

Also, I registered my old copy of BF2, but for some reason it wont detect my internet settings, I've tried it with all of my security settings off, I even checked to see if eareg.exe was on the exclusions list, which it was. I have no idea why it wont detect my internet settings =\ it worked when I had dial-up why wont it work with wireless broadband?
wachtler83
+22|6582|Columbus,Ohio
go here http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/
log in then go to my games register there then gotodownload info put in the name you use ingame hopefully problem solved
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6320|Graz, Austria

Jaredt771 wrote:

technically I do not have an internet connection on this computer, I just share it.
How does that shared connection look like?
If the computers are connected to a router, maybe you have to chcek the settings (key word: port forwarding).
Also, most routers have a built in hardware firewall, so you may check that too.

Other question:
By "registering" you mean the process where you voluntarily give your details to EA? The thing where they promise you cheats and specials to get (which are BTW none-existant)?
If you don't mean that, do what wachtler83 said, log into your EA account and set the BF2 account name you want to play the boosters with.

About the installation:
Normally, with all games separate, you'd install like this: BF2 > SF > 1.41 > EF > AF > 1.41
But since, AFAIK, the complete collection is already prepatched to 1.4, you'd only need to apply 1.41 afterwards.
Or does the complete collection actually come with separate disks for all four games?
(Like the BF1942 complete pack did.)
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6408|Belgium
Contact EA support, I had a similar problem and in the end they registered it for me. Now it works fine.
mr. LuxusLexus
+11|6210
OK i`m picking up this tread again.
Bought a new comp today + the complete battlefield 2 collection DVD.
Installed and registered vanilla, SF, AF and EF. Both vanilla and SF work, but when trying to play AF and EF i get the you have to register to play message.
Si i try to register, but i get This message:
"The account name you entered is in use. Please try another account name."
And that`s as far as i have come. reinstall patching back and forth - nothing works.
When i go to my EA account Both vanilla and SF are registered, but the EF/AF pack does not show up.
Oh yeah, and the weird thing is that EF/AF works with my new account, but not with the luxuslexus account - which is the one i use.

Last edited by mr. LuxusLexus (2007-06-10 21:29:59)

Teflonspray
+2|6464
I think you all with problems need to specify what you mean by "registering." The registering option that comes up after installing BF2 is absolutely not necessary. In fact, since I don't live in North America, it won't let me. The game, and all expansions, plays fine without this registration.

When you want to play EF and AF you have to register them online, to match to your in game profile. This registration is done through a normal webpage at EA, not a separate program running on your computer. The link should show up when you've installed EF/AF. Also, remember that you can only use EF/AF with a single profile at a time, so if you have different profiles you have to "transfer" the licence to the appropriate one.
mr. LuxusLexus
+11|6210

Teflonspray wrote:

I think you all with problems need to specify what you mean by "registering." The registering option that comes up after installing BF2 is absolutely not necessary. In fact, since I don't live in North America, it won't let me. The game, and all expansions, plays fine without this registration.

When you want to play EF and AF you have to register them online, to match to your in game profile. This registration is done through a normal webpage at EA, not a separate program running on your computer. The link should show up when you've installed EF/AF. Also, remember that you can only use EF/AF with a single profile at a time, so if you have different profiles you have to "transfer" the licence to the appropriate one.
How the fuck do i transfer my licence? That`s what i want to know.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6320|Graz, Austria

mr. LuxusLexus wrote:

1) Login here with your EA account details.
2) Go to the "Downloads Info" tab.
3) Enter your BF2 account name (without prefixes)

Alternative, if #1 doesn't work, start up EA Link and go to Edit > My Account.
(I don't know if you actually need EA Link during installing, since you don't need to download the boosters, as they are already shipped on the BF2 Collection DVD, IIRC.)

Edit:
Note that you can only change the BF2 account name 3 times a week (but I suppose you don't actually want that anyway).

Last edited by globefish23 (2007-06-13 07:24:21)

mr. LuxusLexus
+11|6210

globefish23 wrote:

mr. LuxusLexus wrote:

1) Login here with your EA account details.
2) Go to the "Downloads Info" tab.
3) Enter your BF2 account name (without prefixes)

Alternative, if #1 doesn't work, start up EA Link and go to Edit > My Account.
(I don't know if you actually need EA Link during installing, since you don't need to download the boosters, as they are already shipped on the BF2 Collection DVD, IIRC.)

Edit:
Note that you can only change the BF2 account name 3 times a week (but I suppose you don't actually want that anyway).
Thanks for the help Globefish, but i have tried both alternatives and none of the work.
When i log in at www.http: //account.ea.com i don`t have the "downloads info" tab.
I only have these for tabs: "Member Info" "My Games" "Billing Info" "Subscription Info"
i sent a mail to EA on Monday, but still haven`t heard back from them.
I guess there is something wrong with the EF/AF serial number.
other solutions are welcome

Last edited by mr. LuxusLexus (2007-06-13 14:30:17)

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6320|Graz, Austria
What about logging in via EA Link?
mr. LuxusLexus
+11|6210

globefish23 wrote:

What about logging in via EA Link?
Tried that too mate
Hopefully I`ll hear from EA this week or next. I can play vanilla and SF so I`ll focus on that.
fps_doug
+0|6158
i just got battlefield 2 complete collection and i installed bf2 and sf fine but it wont install EF and AF can some1 help me
Enzzenmachine
+20|6341
if you explained your problem a little bit more, we could help you.. firstly what's the message you receive when you try to play AF or EF ?

you can't install EF and AF at all ? have you patched vanilla and SF ?

but as I buy EF through EA downloader I don't know how it works when you buy it in a shop.. but you need to get EF and AF activated...

Last edited by Enzzenmachine (2007-06-15 03:20:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard