Urlor J'kron
Medic Whore
+0|6683|Alabama, USA
I recently installed Blink on my computer. Now when I try to play on a punkbuster sever I get kicked with this error message: Unknown Windows API Function 131134. I've tried disabling and shutting down Blink but to no avail. Repairing the registry might work, but I'd like to avoid that if possible. I have XP Pro and the only way I know of doing this (aside from downloading an application that is probably malware) is manually copy the files over from install disk. It also might break some applications so I'd really like to avoid it. Also Blink might just change whatever it is back so I'm afraid my only option is to uninstall and repair the registry.

I'll be sending in a ticket to the punkbuster crew after posting this. I'd just like to know if anyone could offer some advice. I did a search and found two similar problems, but they weren't of much help.

Last edited by Urlor J'kron (2007-05-24 03:56:22)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6619|Mhz

http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/index … opic=16717

Doesn't cover that exact error, but it is the thread for API error kicks on the PB forums is try a post in there.

EDIT: Quote form that thread. Could well be more causes.

Sorian wrote:

11 Feb 2007, 01:30 AM
Hey all, I got an Unknown Windows API Function [131134].

After contacting Even Balance I got this:

QUOTE (Even Balance)
We have confirmed that the DVD copyprotection "Alpha-DVD" can cause this kick. If you have recently watched a DVD (e.g. "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" for German customers) on your computer that installed this copyprotection, you need to uninstall it first.

Please use the following tool to remove the software
http://www.sophos.com/products/free-too … /download/
I am adding this info to this thread so if anyone else should get this error, they will know how to fix it.

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2007-05-24 03:05:29)

Urlor J'kron
Medic Whore
+0|6683|Alabama, USA
Yes, I started reading the tread and found that post by the time you quoted it. I haven't watched any DVDs on this machine, so I know that isn't the issue. Thanks for the help.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6619|Mhz

The copy protection program could have come with a number of things, not just a DVD movie, worth giving the removal tool a bash in any case.
Urlor J'kron
Medic Whore
+0|6683|Alabama, USA
I tried it and it found nothing. I pretty sure it has to do with Blink considering that it is the only thing I have changed since the last time I played.

EDIT: I submitted my ticket. I'm going to try posting at punkbusted now.

Last edited by Urlor J'kron (2007-05-24 04:34:25)

Urlor J'kron
Medic Whore
+0|6683|Alabama, USA
I managed to find a solution.
  • In Blink go to View>Options...
  • Click the Application Protection tab.
  • Select Monitor and log only.
  • Reboot (this is required).
  • Turn off Application Protection.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard