Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6630|Washington, DC

Why are we having this argument in the first place?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
ugh who knows who cares anymore my firefox > yours.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6442|Stealth City, UK

leetkyle wrote:

I do have File. All my menus and options and taskbars and so on in one line giving me a lot of viewing space.
Does it work with your favourites?
Entertayner
+826|6571

I love you.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
I can add anything I want in, it just makes the url taskbar shorter. all stays in 1 line though.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)
One word: Taste.

You like this way, he likes it that way. I like it vanilla. It's all about what you, as an individual, prefer. No one look, feel, or way of doing things is any better or worse than any other.

Anyhoo... One question: the Make Firefox Faster! tip - can anyone tell me exactly what this does?

From the word 'pipelining' and the bit about 'X requests at a time' I'm guessing it enables multi-threaded downloading of page resources - this almost certainly rocks on a multi-core platform, but at a guess, I reckon it'll suck on single-core.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
Works fine on single or dual cores, benefits mainly broadband users. as for bullet, he simply didn't understand, which is partly my fault for not explaining it properly
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6442|Stealth City, UK

leetkyle wrote:

Works fine on single or dual cores, benefits mainly broadband users. as for bullet, he simply didn't understand, which is partly my fault for not explaining it properly
I didn't see from your first print screen what was different, I thought the bottom half had just been cut out! DUH!
Scorpion0x17
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)

leetkyle wrote:

Works fine on single or dual cores, benefits mainly broadband users.
But what does it do? Is it multithreaded download of page resources?

(and my other point was more a general point, btw)
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
normally firefox makes 1 request to a page at a time. but with pipelining, it does several - making it faster.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6766|Cambridge (UK)

leetkyle wrote:

normally firefox makes 1 request to a page at a time. but with pipelining, it does several - making it faster.
OK, yeah, that'll be "multithreaded download of page resources" then. Hmm... in that case, I might try it to see if it is faster, but, in general this tweak is going to be great on multi-core platforms, but not so great on single-core.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6627|UK
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6717|Riva, MD
The max the number of pipelines is actually 8, therefore it would be best set to 8 rather than 30-50.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

leetkyle wrote:

Code:

- Tools > Options
- Under 'When Firefox tarts', ensure it is set to 'Show my windows and tabs from last time'
When firefox tarts?
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6448

How come I get an error when I try and download the "video downloadeder" add-on ?
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6156|Vancouver | Canada
..I can't figure out how to get everything in one line.
CrazeD
+368|6673|Maine
To add to the list of must-have add-ons,

FasterFox

Basically the same as the manual speed tweaks, but has several pre-made configurations plus you can manually edit things as well. Also displays page load times in the lower right corner.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

GUI is graphical user interface actually.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6732|St. Andrews / Oslo

Opera > Firefox

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6402|dm_maidenhead

Jenspm wrote:

Opera > Firefox

No

P
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland

DefCon-17 wrote:

Expect a more comprehensive guide, as this guide is now a bit out of date..! Right click along the line at the top (just above bookmarks / below navigation etc) and you can customize from there. Keep clicking around that area (eg. above tabs) until you get two choices: Navigation Toolbar, Bookmark Toolbar and customize!
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6352|uk

Jenspm wrote:

Opera > Firefox
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6469

Peter! wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Opera > Firefox

No

P
IN JENS WE TRUST!

(he's right, and just like Opera)
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6156|Vancouver | Canada

kylef wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Expect a more comprehensive guide, as this guide is now a bit out of date..! Right click along the line at the top (just above bookmarks / below navigation etc) and you can customize from there. Keep clicking around that area (eg. above tabs) until you get two choices: Navigation Toolbar, Bookmark Toolbar and customize!
Thank you!

My Firefox looks sexy now.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

I'll stick with Opera thanks a bunch.

It's safer and faster. Fact.

You may be able to edit FF more, but I don't need that. Opera does that without me needing to touch anything.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard