sumknt
+0|6230
i have nearly all the unlocks but can only use the bf2 unlocks while playing sf. none of the sf unlocks are avilable unless im just in bf2
killa_karnickl
Plöt aba Madurah
+34|6465|Austria - Graz
Never recognized that most unlocks in Vanilla are the default weapons in SF??
chittydog
less busy
+586|6857|Kubra, Damn it!

Did you close the other identical thread and reopen here? At least you got the right forum now.

As I said before, you can only use SF unlocks in vanilla. It sucks, get used to it.
sumknt
+0|6230
yes i did. :-) vanilla being standard bf2? i just thought that as the p90 etc were sf unlocks that they should be available in sf. pretty new to bf2
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6345|Graz, Austria

sumknt wrote:

yes i did. :-) vanilla being standard bf2? i just thought that as the p90 etc were sf unlocks that they should be available in sf. pretty new to bf2
Ehrm, no.
The P90 and the L96A1 are from the Euro Forces booster and have been introduced as unlocks with a patch shortly before release.
Although no faction in SF uses those two as their stock weapons, they still are not available as unlocks.

The other 5 unlocks of the second tier are stock weapons of the SEALS and SAS factions, so it would be quite awkward if suddenly their enemies have access to the same weapons too.
sumknt
+0|6230
ok so the only reason i have the p90 as an unkock is because of a patch not sf?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6345|Graz, Austria

sumknt wrote:

ok so the only reason i have the p90 as an unkock is because of a patch not sf?
Frankly, I have no idea how things happened, as I didn't have the game(s) back then.

According to the patch history in the Wiki it went like this:
Up until v1.12 you only had 5 unlocks in the second tier.
With the release of v1.2 (on February 14th 2006) the two additional unlocks where added.
Then EF was released on March 14th 2006.

My guess is, that you still would have had to buy SF (or play once on someone else's install) to gain access to the second tier of unlocks.
I don't think that you could have those 2 unlocks without SF anyway.

You don't need EF for them though.
sumknt
+0|6230
thanks for your help. :-) at fifst i thought it was a glitch in my game. will just have to get better with my guided rockets for long range stuff while in sf. :-D

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard