commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6435|Michigan, USA

Okay, so this note is really more of a rant/vent. Don't say I didn't warn you.

The topic is washing your clothes in a public place, and in my case, the setting is in a dorm. Now, I don't know about other people, but I follow a set of unwritten "laundry laws," that are as follows:

* If a load of clothes is washing/drying, DON'T MESS WITH IT!

* Only after the wash/dry cycle is complete, are you permitted to do anything:

* First off, if you are waiting to use the washer/dryer, and you are there when the cycle completes, give the person a 5-minute buffer to return, claim, and remove their clothes.

* After that, that washer/dryer is free game. You may proceed to remove their clothes, but treat them with respect as you remove them. Where you put their clothes depends on what machine you want:

* If you want their washer, place their clothes either on top of the washer or into a nearby dryer (if available).

* If you want their dryer, you may only place their clothes on top of the dryer - nowhere else!

I don't know if anyone else has their own "laundry laws," or if they act in a similar, respectful manner, but I do know that there is a person living in my dorm that apparently has no respect for the clothes of others. So begins my story:

So as to save time, I consolidate all my laundry into two loads, which I wash/dry at the same time. It started off as a regular laundry day, as I put my two loads into their separate washers, right next to each other. 35 minutes later, I return, and transfer my clothes into two dryers right next to each other. Having pressed the start time on both machines essentially at the same time, I leave expecting my two loads of laundry to both be dry an hour later when I return.

An hour passes, and I return to the laundry room. I arrive as 1 minute is remaining on both dryers. After waiting for them to finish the drying cycle, I open the first dryer, and empty out my first load of clothes. I open the second dryer, and WTF? It's stuffed full with a pink comforter. Puzzled at first, I look around for my missing second load of clothes and find them on a nearby table, still wet.

Now this is what really pissed me off: someone had entered the room shortly after I had left, took my second load of clothes out of the dryer (as the door doesn't lock during the cycle), and put in their load of wet clothes. So I had paid for them to dry this pink comforter. Not only that, for some odd reason they took the effort to move my clothes to a nearby (and dirty) table, instead of simply moving them to the top of the dryer. I was pissed.

So, I did the only thing I could do: I put my first load (now dry) into the laundry basket I brought, and moved my second load (still wet) from the table into the now empty dryer, and firmly planted myself on top of the dryer containing the pink comforter that I paid to dry. About 5 minutes later, the owner of the contents of the dryer upon which I sat returned. Surprisingly, she acted like I was just "hanging out" in the laundry room, and asked if I could move. I confronted her with what she did - her despicable act of laundry charades. She expressed no remorse, just an unconcerned, "Oh. Okay." There wasn't much I could demand from her for reparations for her act, but I did get her to pay for the cost of drying my second load of clothes. She presented the money almost as if she was expecting to have to pay me. I took the cash, started the dryer, and left the room. I returned a few minutes later after she had left, making sure that my clothes were where I had put them, which they were.

So that concludes my rant/vent. Sure, you might think, "Wow, you sure got excited over a load of laundry." But if this girl has such a carelessness about her, I'd hate to see what dirty deeds should could accomplish at a grander scale. And to think: this could have all been prevented if the dryer had a lock on it. As I type this final sentence, my load of clothes has finished drying, and so I must go and fetch it.

Any comments?
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6678|Brisbane, Australia

Find her clothes washing and take a shit in the washer.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6308|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Wow, you sure got excited over a load of laundry.

But seriously, I have my own bathroom rules, bedroom rules, homework rules...
I respect your laundry rules.
bob_6012
Resident M-14 fanatic
+59|6678|Lancaster Ohio, USA
Been there in the dorm setting, although I've never had that problem, my syptahies are with you. That girl was a complete bitch, it's amazing that some people have absolutely no respect for others. Me personally, I would have rubbed my nuts all over the comforter.

Last edited by bob_6012 (2007-04-20 19:25:43)

r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6619|Michigan, USA
Im amazed you maintained control,I would have exacted revenge in some fashion, like dumping my wet clothes into the dryer on top of her precious blanket.  Lucky me I do all my laundry at home
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6594|USA

bob_6012 wrote:

Been there in the dorm setting, although I've never had that problem, my syptahies are with you. That girl was a complete bitch, it's amazing that some people have absolutely no respect for others. Me personally, I would have rubbed my nuts all over the comforter.
i would have urinated on it.

seriously; who the hell washes their comforter? take that shit off BEFORE the nasty.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6591|Mountains of NC

Sounds bad

Worse factor is being in barracks with 3 companys of Marines using only 15 washing machines and 15 dryers (usage is free)

I would do my laundry like Sunday morning around 3 am, when most where passed out and almost all washers and dryers are available

Last edited by SEREMAKER (2007-04-20 19:29:46)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
commandochristian
+293|6435|Michigan, USA

Sarrk wrote:

bob_6012 wrote:

Me personally, I would have rubbed my nuts all over the comforter.
Excellent revenges, a friend of mine just suggested pissing on her clothes.

r2zoo wrote:

I would have exacted revenge in some fashion, like dumping my wet clothes into the dryer on top of her precious blanket.
WOAH!  Easy!  Don't want to get too carried away with our revenge! lol
commandochristian
+293|6435|Michigan, USA

Ender2309 wrote:

bob_6012 wrote:

i would have urinated on it.

seriously; who the hell washes their comforter? take that shit off BEFORE the nasty.
Looks like you and my friend had the same idea at about the same time
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6673|Keyboard

commandochristian wrote:

Okay, so this note is really more of a rant/vent. Don't say I didn't warn you.

The topic is washing your clothes in a public place, and in my case, the setting is in a dorm. Now, I don't know about other people, but I follow a set of unwritten "laundry laws," that are as follows:

* If a load of clothes is washing/drying, DON'T MESS WITH IT!

* Only after the wash/dry cycle is complete, are you permitted to do anything:

* First off, if you are waiting to use the washer/dryer, and you are there when the cycle completes, give the person a 5-minute buffer to return, claim, and remove their clothes.

* After that, that washer/dryer is free game. You may proceed to remove their clothes, but treat them with respect as you remove them. Where you put their clothes depends on what machine you want:

* If you want their washer, place their clothes either on top of the washer or into a nearby dryer (if available).

* If you want their dryer, you may only place their clothes on top of the dryer - nowhere else!

I don't know if anyone else has their own "laundry laws," or if they act in a similar, respectful manner, but I do know that there is a person living in my dorm that apparently has no respect for the clothes of others. So begins my story:

So as to save time, I consolidate all my laundry into two loads, which I wash/dry at the same time. It started off as a regular laundry day, as I put my two loads into their separate washers, right next to each other. 35 minutes later, I return, and transfer my clothes into two dryers right next to each other. Having pressed the start time on both machines essentially at the same time, I leave expecting my two loads of laundry to both be dry an hour later when I return.

An hour passes, and I return to the laundry room. I arrive as 1 minute is remaining on both dryers. After waiting for them to finish the drying cycle, I open the first dryer, and empty out my first load of clothes. I open the second dryer, and WTF? It's stuffed full with a pink comforter. Puzzled at first, I look around for my missing second load of clothes and find them on a nearby table, still wet.

Now this is what really pissed me off: someone had entered the room shortly after I had left, took my second load of clothes out of the dryer (as the door doesn't lock during the cycle), and put in their load of wet clothes. So I had paid for them to dry this pink comforter. Not only that, for some odd reason they took the effort to move my clothes to a nearby (and dirty) table, instead of simply moving them to the top of the dryer. I was pissed.

So, I did the only thing I could do: I put my first load (now dry) into the laundry basket I brought, and moved my second load (still wet) from the table into the now empty dryer, and firmly planted myself on top of the dryer containing the pink comforter that I paid to dry. About 5 minutes later, the owner of the contents of the dryer upon which I sat returned. Surprisingly, she acted like I was just "hanging out" in the laundry room, and asked if I could move. I confronted her with what she did - her despicable act of laundry charades. She expressed no remorse, just an unconcerned, "Oh. Okay." There wasn't much I could demand from her for reparations for her act, but I did get her to pay for the cost of drying my second load of clothes. She presented the money almost as if she was expecting to have to pay me. I took the cash, started the dryer, and left the room. I returned a few minutes later after she had left, making sure that my clothes were where I had put them, which they were.

So that concludes my rant/vent. Sure, you might think, "Wow, you sure got excited over a load of laundry." But if this girl has such a carelessness about her, I'd hate to see what dirty deeds should could accomplish at a grander scale. And to think: this could have all been prevented if the dryer had a lock on it. As I type this final sentence, my load of clothes has finished drying, and so I must go and fetch it.

Any comments?
Two loads? C'mon man, I could believe you if you just wear black and white clothes but I think you don't. That's a universal washing law to separate clothes and wash them with the ones of the same color
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6619|Michigan, USA

commandochristian wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

bob_6012 wrote:

Me personally, I would have rubbed my nuts all over the comforter.
Excellent revenges, a friend of mine just suggested pissing on her clothes.

r2zoo wrote:

I would have exacted revenge in some fashion, like dumping my wet clothes into the dryer on top of her precious blanket.
Carried away? Thats nothing, I had other Ideas, like dumping bleach all over it, shred it, light it a flame, but those are more cruel then just something that would piss someone off
Home
Section.80
+447|6870|Seattle, Washington, USA

It's ridiculous how self absorbed some people are.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6695|Colorado
Common sense is in short supply these days because of TV's raising kids the past couple generations.
In a recent news story here a guy got pissy that his clothes were taken out of the machine & set on a table by the dryers, so he went back to his house got his cats litter & dumped it into the load of the person who took them out. He ended up getting sued for the cost of the clothes & for the damage to the washing machine.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6368|Twyford, UK
Stalk her and piss in her laundry next time. And steal her panties and eBay them.

I would have shredded the comforter, or set fire to it, myself.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6789|UK

Yaocelotl wrote:

Two loads? C'mon man, I could believe you if you just wear black and white clothes but I think you don't. That's a universal washing law to separate clothes and wash them with the ones of the same color
No there isnt, its colours and whites, those are the two loads.

As to the girl you should of taken her clothes out and shoved em in a dirty corner or something, then she has to clean em again.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6799|UK

SEREMAKER wrote:

Sounds bad

Worse factor is being in barracks with 3 companys of Marines using only 15 washing machines and 15 dryers (usage is free)

I would do my laundry like Sunday morning around 3 am, when most where passed out and almost all washers and dryers are available
Yeh it doesn't help when you've got 60 lots of clothes the same colour either does it!
commandochristian
+293|6435|Michigan, USA

Vilham wrote:

Yaocelotl wrote:

No there isnt, its colours and whites, those are the two loads.

As to the girl you should of taken her clothes out and shoved em in a dirty corner or something, then she has to clean em again.
At Yaocelotl: LOL, I know, but I just throw all my clothes in one (cold water so colors don't run) and towels in another.  If I had the time/money/effort I'd separate everything: color, white, black, towels, you name it.  But I don't.

At Vilham: Anyways, if I would have sought revenge I think I probably would have just taken them out, and, like you mentioned, just throw them in a dirty corner.  But I didn't.

Last edited by commandochristian (2007-04-20 19:51:51)

commandochristian
+293|6435|Michigan, USA

r2zoo wrote:

commandochristian wrote:

r2zoo wrote:

Carried away? Thats nothing, I had other Ideas, like dumping bleach all over it, shred it, light it a flame, but those are more cruel then just something that would piss someone off
Actually, the machines aren't that big, so any decent-sized comforter can take up the whole washer/dryer, so I really couldn't put my clothes in there.  Besides, why would I want to?  I don't know what that comforter has been through that elicited a wash lol  And yes, I know you have more cruel ideas, just teasing   But as someone else mentioned, some guy damaged the dryer and had to pay to fix it - I would rather not do that.
TuataraDude
+115|6545|Aotearoa

Yaocelotl wrote:

My goodness! Washing has changed since those days my venerable friend. They have colourfast (or colorfast as our American cousins would write) and you can also wash in cold water, which means you don't have to separate them.

As for the girl stealing your dryer. You probably did the right thing, but revenge would have been fun. Like throwing a marker pen in with her laundry next time she was doing it. In the forces it can be worse, because everybody has green clothes (well, DPM, but you get the idea) and sometimes people wouldn't look too closely at the name tags and walk off with your uniform. It's a truck load (or lorry load as our English cousins would say) trying to track down your gear then I tell you.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6534|Gold Coast
Well you could have taken her shit out and made it wet again so she had to dry it all over again or something? I dont know, but she's rude.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Commie Killer
+192|6410
Dude, if that was me, I would of pissed, shit, and puked on her thing, and then put black paint on it. Then just put it back in the dryer, left it off, and let her find it.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6483|UK
Whatever happened to common courtesy I wish people were less self-centred maybe the world would be a better place. Then again it could lead to indecisiveness.
commandochristian
+293|6435|Michigan, USA

Commie Killer wrote:

Dude, if that was me, I would of pissed, shit, and puked on her thing, and then put black paint on it. Then just put it back in the dryer, left it off, and let her find it.
I'm kinda curious what you do for revenge in other situations
(i.e. I've heard a story where people have poured deer piss all over the interior of someone's car)
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6788|Cambridge (UK)

Yaocelotl wrote:

commandochristian wrote:

So as to save time, I consolidate all my laundry into two loads, which I wash/dry at the same time.
OCD?
commandochristian
+293|6435|Michigan, USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Yaocelotl wrote:

commandochristian wrote:

So as to save time, I consolidate all my laundry into two loads, which I wash/dry at the same time.
OCD?
No - if you read the first part of what's highlighted: So as to save time.  An understandable reason, and not OCD.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard