krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6810|Great Brown North
do you get migraines? i get migraines, i have one now, and they piss me off. i have yet to find a way to get rid of them, what about you?

if anyone quotes "head on apply directly to the forehead!" im going to track you down and castrate you

Last edited by krazed (2007-04-17 03:02:05)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6598|NYC / Hamburg

My mom get migraines once in a while. She usually takes 2 asprins, drinks some water and sleeps. After some hours they are usually gone.

sorry I can't be of more help
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Entertayner
+826|6601

Coke is supposed to help headaches (drink, not drug).
cablecopulate
+449|6768|Massachusetts.
Yeah I get them. The best thing is Excedrin. It kills 99% of my headaches. For really, really bad migranes, I get in a dark room, keep everything quiet, and move as little as possible. For some reason it seems to help if I lay on the the side of my head that doesn't hurt.
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6629|Cheshire. UK
The wife gets em...so you have my sympathy Ive seen how she suffers..... she swears by peppermint oil or Tiger Balm rubbed on her forehead when she feels one coming on..

http://www.tigerbalm.co.uk/intro.html
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6695|NT, like Mick Dundee

I normally get some fresh air, sunshine... Helps a little. Sleep if possible.

I steer clear of any pills though, they seem to relieve pain but increase frequency in my case.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6801|Rotherham, England
Staring at a computer screen whilst having one is a definate no!

Go lay down or go outside or something
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6752|Sydney, Australia

Entertayner wrote:

No bullshit, this occasionally works. When coming home from another long school day, somethimes when I got a coke, my headache would feeling better.

Weird...

Mcminty.
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6452|San Antonio, TX
I hate to play the role of Capt. Obvious, but have you seen a doctor about the migraines?  There are treatments available to help alleviate the pain.   Your doctor can work with you to determine what method/medicines may work best for you.  I know I've been seeing Botox as a possible remedy.
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6374|New York
I feel your pain, i get them quite often.  I try to exercise when my head starts pounding, it gets the blood flowing and usually makes me feel better.
Pasha5
+2|6253

mcminty wrote:

Entertayner wrote:

No bullshit, this occasionally works. When coming home from another long school day, somethimes when I got a coke, my headache would feeling better.

Weird...

Mcminty.
I noticed that drinking a drink high in a caffeine helps migranes because migranes are blood related. Caffeine speeds the blood up and it shows some relation between caffeine levels and the blood. Do what the other people said like lay down and keep quiet if you want it to immediately go away but drinking a drink high in caffeine will help a whole lot trust me. It can be a soda pop, coffee, anything.
kn0ckahh
+98|6769|netherlands, sweet lake city
my mother uses some kind of medicine for it, when she feels a migraine coming she injects herself with something (I'll ask her what it is!) and it helps most of the times, but you should consult your doctor for that, because people with high blood pressure cant take it.
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6283|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
Anadin extra and a lie down. Try to find the cause. Is it stress? Is it the lighting at school/work/home?  Is it your diet/drinking ? All of the above are known causes my friend. I grew out of them at 17. I suffered with them since i was 13. Terrible headaches, vomiting, tunnel vision, excrutiating stomach cramps too. I feel for ya man, hope ya get well soon. Oh and plenty of water to keep yaself hydrated if you are vomiting alot.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard