[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6243|Finland
I know this is really old post, but that is also handy information he gave and you are saying he is gay!?
just so noobish...
Samtheman53.0000012
Banned
+15|6140

HavoK.uK wrote:

Missionless wrote:

HavoK.uK wrote:

changing files makes it unfair, people can get you down in 2shots with no dust and now people have figured out how to make themselves extremely dusty
double lol. just double lol.
whats there to lol about, changing your files is gay
lol i never saw this thread 3 months ago

lolol @ Havok
Adamshannon8
+94|6206

2Crew] Cheesy_Cow wrote:

HavoK.uK wrote:

its tweaks and its gay, its killing the game faster than hacks
Wow you guys are gay. It fixes the hitbox problem and EA says it's completley legal. It just matches the file default to your actual ping.
or you can man up and learn how to aim with the crappy hit boxes.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6163
I've tweaked these settings numerous times and come to the conclusion that it doesn't really make much of a difference.  Setting interp to 400 did make the hitreg a bit nicer, but it also made the game feel very sluggish, probably because, if interp works in the same fashion as HL's interp, I was an extra 400ms behind the server's true picture of events.  To me, sharper hit reg is not worth it if you've possibly been shot in the face by the time you get the shot off.  100ms is a long time in INTERNET land, let alone 400ms.  Lowering the default latency prediction value 'seemed' to make certain guns better (L85) and others more erratic (AK, M16).  Nothing seemed to improve my AT or TV missile reg -- different settings, same bullshit.  I shot two F35-Bs with tank shells on Zatar the other day in a single round and neither shot registered (one going perpendicular to my view direction, the other coming directly towards me).  None of my shots on DPVs ever register, either, even when I have a ping of 25 and 0 packet loss.  Even when I hit 'em bang on, they just keep coming (unless they're driving away from me and I can hit the back of 'em).  IMO the game's hit reg will always be dire regardless of your settings.  It didn't use to be this bad because I often shot down jets using the TV back in the day, but now my TV is 99% sure to go straight through a jet unless it's heading away from me.  I remember one particular patch ballsed it up.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6485|meh-land
changing settings has a minor effect on hitreg, and really it is more determined by how much packet loss your internet connection has and luck with the BF2 servers

of course, if you know the perfect settings you can go from there, but generally it doesn't have much of an effect unless you already have great hitreg, at which point you can generally make it harder to reg on you
Samtheman53.0000012
Banned
+15|6140

Adamshannon8 wrote:

2Crew] Cheesy_Cow wrote:

HavoK.uK wrote:

Wow you guys are gay. It fixes the hitbox problem and EA says it's completley legal. It just matches the file default to your actual ping.
its not nothing to do with how good your aim is you daft prick
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6501|Somewhere else

ok, so this is a hack then right? EA doesn't allow this do they?  Changing the hitreg is definitely hacking. Holy crap these paint chips are tasty!  I think they might be lead flavored!
Aapje
Internet Superhero
+221|6418

RoosterCantrell wrote:

ok, so this is a hack then right? EA doesn't allow this do they?  Changing the hitreg is definitely hacking. Holy crap these paint chips are tasty!  I think they might be lead flavored!
If you only had read The thread then you would have read that it isn't a hack. Only removing graphical things such as the skydome command or the nametag hack would fall under hacking ( I guess ).

More of cheating since you don't really 'hack' the game. Just entering commands that were already there.

Last edited by Komet.nl (2007-07-28 12:01:36)

¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6206
this isnnt hacking....
all the FPS pros for pc games fuck with their hit reg
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6485|meh-land

¦TØP¦straz_mataz wrote:

this isnnt hacking....
all the FPS pros for pc games fuck with their hit reg
i think BF2 has more modifiable settings than most games do though...
Adamshannon8
+94|6206

Samtheman53.0000012 wrote:

Adamshannon8 wrote:

2Crew] Cheesy_Cow wrote:

its not nothing to do with how good your aim is you daft prick
well, i can get 1st on any i/o server weither my ping is 150, or 40, why? i have prefected my aim, so ya these "tweaks
" are for noobs who cant aim.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6501|Somewhere else

Komet.nl wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

If you only had read The thread then you would have read that it isn't a hack. Only removing graphical things such as the skydome command or the nametag hack would fall under hacking ( I guess ).

More of cheating since you don't really 'hack' the game. Just entering commands that were already there.
I did hope that the paint chips comment would have made it clear that I was mocking people who think that changing ping latency is a hack.  Well, it is the weekend I guess.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6163

Adamshannon8 wrote:

well, i can get 1st on any i/o server weither my ping is 150, or 40, why? i have prefected my aim, so ya these "tweaks
" are for noobs who cant aim.
So, you never have a problem where your bullets don't hit what you think they should, or your AT missile goes through a car, or you hit a DPV dead-on with a tank shell and it just drives on?  You never have to stop and think about whether you should be leading a target instead of trailing it depending on the range, weapon and latency? 

Yes, good players adapt and overcome, but your assertion is borne of blatant ignorance (or misplaced arrogance).  Just because a good player can, most of the time, kill the enemy by knowing where to aim (whether to lead or trail etc.) doesn't mean that the same player can't or won't look into changing settings that may give better results.  By your logic, any command exposed by any game developer to make the game more suited to a gamer's connection and hardware is 'for noobs'.  I suppose people who changed cl_updaterate and cl_interp in HL are noobs that 'don't know where to aim', too.  Tell that to CPL champions (I don't give much credit to 'pro' gamers, but they are the best at what they do, and it is a fact that many of the better gamers tweak the fuck out of the games they play to get any and every [legal] advantage that is possible).

I'd love to see you consistently do well playing infantry with a 150 ping since you're such a self-professed demi-god, too.  I've played the game for long enough to see various things that are just, well, bullshit.  No amount of experience and ability can always make up for bad networking code that has serious flaws.  Some guns are horrible when you're lagging (try the L85 when you're lagging up the ass and then show me how to aim it 'perfectly' since you've apparently got such huge fucking great perfectly spherical balls). 

A few days back I was playing Zatar and shot two F-35Bs using my tank.  Both shells hit the F-35Bs and exploded, making an explosion effect and playing the explosion impact sound file.  Neither jet died.  God I'm such a noob for aiming right at that F-35B and hitting it dead-on, but not actually hitting it because I didn't know precisely where to aim due to the hitbox discrepancy and crap client prediction!  Same shit.  If someone could offer me the magical combination of console commands that would give me a sharp, responsive game with accurate hit detection, I'd bite their hand off.

Right now I'll make do with what I've got while adapting as best I can.  If someone offers me a config that makes everything superb, then I'd take it.
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6358
when i changed mine it made me die faster lol
oChaos.Haze
+90|6459
What are the tweaks that make YOURSELF harder to be hit, that are legal?  I know they gotta be out there, haha.
keyoshi
+28|6441
Yea, so wtf, I'm tryin it, first it lasted a couple rounds, then lost connection. Join back up, last bout 15 mins, lose connection. Again. Lost connection in 5 mins. Now once I join I'm kicked. Reset values to default, still get kicked.......

cheesy, respond to the PM or xfire thing ffs.

*edit* Adam shannon can't hit shit, those stupid noobs banned me for hacking cause I was using SVD, aiming at shins, firing off 3 shots real quick, and killing their noob asses.

Last edited by keyoshi (2007-07-30 19:47:36)

[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6243|Finland
oh btw, when i did that change and yesterday i was on playing ghost town (INF)
I got 50 kills 6 deaths, and many team points... My bullets always runned out
So when i shot somebody it hitted him 99% of the time (no dust anymore, KILLS)
Even one of my clan mates started to shout at me,(FFS YOU PWN TOO MUCH ZOMG!?!!?!?!?!), btw i didnt got revived than about 4 times ;D

only thing i can say is
lol lol lol lol!
https://img152.imageshack.us/img152/82/chickenjoke7yi.gif

P.S: My ping on that server was 60, 1st setting was for 70(0.070000 or sumthing) and second i didnt touch , still pwned everybody! And i didn't get shot when i was befind wall...

Edit: so i got 190 points or something could be 180...

Last edited by [Fin]Dami3n (2007-07-30 23:09:09)

gene_pool
Banned
+519|6643|Gold coast, Aus.

HavoK.uK wrote:

Hi havok and all that think alike.

SHUT THE FUCK UP, YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT

Thank you.
Manicalwizard
+2|6158
Stop whinging people, if it's fine with EA then it's fine with me. I've done it and it makes some difference, although not massivley. I think I might have set it wrong anyhooooo keep kicking ass boys.
keyoshi
+28|6441
I just re installed bf2, and tweaked it again, if I get the same problem I had, I'll just forget about this =/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard