Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6467|The Land of Scott Walker
“What’s that, Mommy?” asked Jackie. “Are you and Daddy smoking a cigarette?”

“No, baby,” said her mother. “This is a joint. It’s made of marijuana.”

“Mar-a-whahh?” asked Jackie, sleepily.

“Marijuana,” smiled her dad, “is a plant.”

“What kind of plant?”

“Well...” said her mom, “how about we go on a bicycle ride tomorrow, and I will tell you all about it. Okay?”

“Okay,” said Jackie.

http://www.justaplant.com/index.html
-------------------------------------------
Weed 101 for kids.

Edit: Forgot to ask the question.  Appropriate or not? Discuss.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2007-04-04 13:34:01)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6671

I LOLed at the nasty black men smoking pot.
Jet Blast
Banned
+15|6255
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6467|The Land of Scott Walker
^^ +1 old, but classic
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6444|San Antonio, TX
I don't think you need to teach your child why your illegal addiction is OK.  And to be quite honest, the story is over-simplified for most kids, they would lose interest really fast!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6671

silo1180 wrote:

I don't think you need to teach your child why your illegal addiction is OK.  And to be quite honest, the story is over-simplified for most kids, they would lose interest really fast!
*sigh* once again, it's not addictive.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6584|British Columbia, Canada
Hahaha, I haven't seen that before, thats classic, Funny Canadians
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6444|San Antonio, TX

ghettoperson wrote:

silo1180 wrote:

Yeah sure, you can quit at anytime I know... BULLSHIT!  Moral of the story is IT'S ILLEGAL AND YOU SHOULD NOT BE TRYING TO JUSTIFY THE USAGE OF IT IN YOUR CHILDREN'S EYES.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6671

silo1180 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

silo1180 wrote:

Yeah sure, you can quit at anytime I know... BULLSHIT!  Moral of the story is IT'S ILLEGAL AND YOU SHOULD NOT BE TRYING TO JUSTIFY THE USAGE OF IT IN YOUR CHILDREN'S EYES.
Uhhh... you actually can, believe it or not. Oh, and I happen to live in a country where the government lets you make up your own mind about these things, so it's not illegal.
Fen321
+54|6519|Singularity

ghettoperson wrote:

silo1180 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Uhhh... you actually can, believe it or not. Oh, and I happen to live in a country where the government lets you make up your own mind about these things, so it's not illegal.
I too hope to one day live under a government (or lack thereof) which does not impose moral rights and wrong upon me. (See now we can tie in the other posts )

I thought the book was def. informative for the author does have a point in terms of teaching children something without imposing a fear based control mechanism behind it.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6684|USA
I read about this book in Playboy a few months ago.

My lil story...

My g/f was watching Oprah and I was on the pc. Her daughter (10 yoa) was watching also and a guest said "stoner". She looked at us and asked,"Whats a stoner?".

NOw I know lowing wanted me to say "a low life hippy". I held back. Sorry lowing.

I told her it was someone who smoked marijuana alot. She said "weed?"
I said,"yes. how do you know its called weed?"
She said,"We have DARE at school."
I said,"So when someone asks you to take drugs, what do you say?"
She says, "No."

At this point her brother (12yoa) comes into the room and sits.

I ask her,"what if your best friend you've known since Kindergarden asks you to do drugs with her?"
She said, "I say no."
Her brother pipes in with "Then they aren't really your friends!!"

This is where I had a problem.

If a kid in high school tries pot, its not the 1st step into death and permanent poorhouse and stealing everything to feed you uncontrollable addiction.

With my stance on marijuana anyway, its hard to say a person isn't your friend if they smoke and you don't. But this is what DARE told my kids.

So in my opinion a book such as that isn't terrible. And the one mentioned is put together well though highly unrealistic (anyone know farmer joe with the marijuana crop that teaches kids?). And you can legally buy books about growing marijuana. Im surprised the more outrage isn't aimed towards that.

EDIT
BTW DARE is the drug awareness program for grade schoolers fyi. Cops come and talk to the kids about avoiding pushers.

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2007-04-04 14:27:01)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6367|Twyford, UK
It ain't just a freaking plant, it's an incredibly psychoactive substance. It's dangerous and leaves you with gaps in your memory of events. It also causes a whole slew of mental disorders. THAT is what they should be telling kids. I should have been taught that in school, not something I figured out for myself at a rock festival.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6684|USA

Skorpy-chan wrote:

It ain't just a freaking plant, it's an incredibly psychoactive substance. It's dangerous and leaves you with gaps in your memory of events. It also causes a whole slew of mental disorders. THAT is what they should be telling kids. I should have been taught that in school, not something I figured out for myself at a rock festival.
All that happened to you at one rock fest?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6603|SE London

Skorpy-chan wrote:

That's never been proven.

However, THC does cling to ananamide (dunno about spelling) receptors in the brain. These are supposed to give off chemicals which help the brain to cope with the onset off mental illness. If they're all clogged up they are less effective.

So kids, if you're planning on going mental - don't smoke weed, it'll leave you poorly equipped to cope.

@OP

I think it is appropriate. Kids are always told about the dangers of everything. It's best to be honest with them, because weed isn't really that bad for you at all. There is no way it's as bad as alcohol and parents teachings should reflect that.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-04-04 15:14:05)

Fen321
+54|6519|Singularity
Damn, there goes my early retirement plan. This clinging you speak of -- got any more info on it?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6603|SE London

Fen321 wrote:

Damn, there goes my early retirement plan. This clinging you speak of -- got any more info on it?
Nope. Try looking it up in New Scientist - that's where I first read about it.

lol - just tried looking for the article and found this

Who ever would have thought Cannabis can be used to make sperm more potent.

Personally I find it's better to wait until after sex for a spliff - but maybe not....

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-04-04 15:19:08)

Ryan
+1,230|6865|Alberta, Canada

Stanley Kubrick...

Didn't he do something about Full Metal Jacket?
Skorpy-chan
+127|6367|Twyford, UK

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

No, the lost time did, but I was hanging out with a bunch of stoners at said festival, and recognised the symptoms in them.
Before I got high on the second-hand smoke and lost the next hour or so. To this day, I only remember a bit of the start of Primal Scream's set, and then realising I'd got no memory of what had just happened.

Other revelations were that Metallica really DO rock, SOAD get pissy about thrown bottles, Good Charlotte put up with a constant rain with good humour and play the set anyway, and that moshpits form without warning.
kiteboarderni
+62|6702
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6684|USA

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

No, the lost time did, but I was hanging out with a bunch of stoners at said festival, and recognised the symptoms in them.
Before I got high on the second-hand smoke and lost the next hour or so. To this day, I only remember a bit of the start of Primal Scream's set, and then realising I'd got no memory of what had just happened.

Other revelations were that Metallica really DO rock, SOAD get pissy about thrown bottles, Good Charlotte put up with a constant rain with good humour and play the set anyway, and that moshpits form without warning.
Wow. I want what the fock thier smoking. So what were the symptons you noticed?
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6786|Dallas
My my, looky what I found...

Read the parts of the book he has online, then watch this video. 

Bill O'Reilly=Fail.........again.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6367|Twyford, UK

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Problem with that is that I just remember they were showing signs of being crazy. I don't remember WHAT signs. It was years ago, and my memory's terrible even without assistance.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6671

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Problem with that is that I just remember they were showing signs of being crazy. I don't remember WHAT signs. It was years ago, and my memory's terrible even without assistance.
I hate to tell you this mate, but I have a feeling someone slipped you a roofy, and had their wicked way with you. Unlucky.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6684|USA

ghettoperson wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

I hate to tell you this mate, but I have a feeling someone slipped you a roofy, and had their wicked way with you. Unlucky.
Or his pot was laced with something. You cold have been having an anxiety attack too. It happens.
Ratzinger
+43|6413|Wollongong, NSW, Australia

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Or his pot was laced with something. You cold have been having an anxiety attack too. It happens.
Spun out and memory loss from SECOND-HAND SMOKE? Buddy, I think you might be mistaken here. How fucking close to them were you? You'd have to be passed the smoke mouth-to-mouth to be getting any real sort of effect....is there something you're not telling us? Otherwise, you may have to put down whatever effect you imagine that you felt to yourself, or something else like the bad hot-dog you had.

25 years of puffing, I've heard all of the bullshit since the 70's, and its invariably A) unscientific and B) vague as fuck about the clinical effects. Who's funding the research? What result would they like to see?

Don't trust whitey, as Steve Martin said in "The Jerk".

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard