LT.Victim
+1,175|6584|British Columbia, Canada
Filefront Streaming and Download Link

Don't let the Filefront link scare you, Its actually streaming on there site and Available for Download too.

I tried to take the Famous Gears of War Commercial/Trailer and re-create it for Battlefield 2.

A lot of problems came up when trying to make this, I had to use both my computers, ones upstairs, and ones downstairs, so i had a fun time recording and editing some of the scenes..

Also, The music they use in the Commercial/Trailer, is NOT exactly like the actual song re-done by Gary Jules.
So I also had to edit the song..

And on top of that, My editing program hated me today and thought it was cool to crash every 10 minutes or less, causing me to loose unsaved material, really annoying.

Youtube is down for Maintenance right now, So I'll upload it there later to my Profile, for now, Filefront is fine for this small Video. - Youtube now added

Last edited by LT.Victim (2007-04-04 07:51:56)

LT.Victim
I knew Filefront would scare everyone off, Oh well, Look out Tomorrow for Youtube Version.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6747|Twente, The Netherlands
Not so fast! You did a nice job. Graphics from the GoW trailer are better though
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6722|MoVal So-Cal
well, it was pretty cool except for the part where he's looking at the ground because he doesn't have anything to hold like Fenix has in the commercial. Also, the tank thing at the end seemed a bit too soon.
LT.Victim

Pernicious544 wrote:

well, it was pretty cool except for the part where he's looking at the ground because he doesn't have anything to hold like Fenix has in the commercial. Also, the tank thing at the end seemed a bit too soon.
Ya, It was like 5 seconds earlier then the actual Commercial..

But the space that I ran in BF2 didn't leave enough room for the whole length, and everytime I got near the end, my program would crash, So i gave up on trying to extend it by like 5 seconds., And I orginally had a Med pack on the ground where he was looking, but I guess it got lost in battlerecorder..
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6508|Melbourne

Not a bad try LT.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
LT.Victim

R3v4n wrote:

Not a bad try LT.
So does that mean its not a "good" try?

Be honest, I wont get mad, not like your wife when she ask you to be honest.
assau1t
+12|6725|sector a-35
[google]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6106851772045741456&q=Gears+of+War+Commercial[/google]
LT.Victim
Streaming now Available threw Filefront, and I'm uploading to Youtube as we speak.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6511|Gogledd Cymru

it looks cool, maybe you could have him shooting or something thwen getting run over by the tank, anyway it looks really similar to the GoW one, gj
LT.Victim

surgeon_bond wrote:

it looks cool, maybe you could have him shooting or something thwen getting run over by the tank, anyway it looks really similar to the GoW one, gj
I wanted him to be shooting, but I had to use both my computers, ones in my room, ones in the TV/Theatre Room.

So I what I did was recorded my jumping around the corner, Then ran downstairs, Shot a Tank round..

So there was like a 20 second delay that I had to edit out from when he actually Turned the corner, to when the Tank actually fired.

If I had two people helping it could have been done better, but I dont have a server with BR
']['error
Banned
+630|6666|The Netherlands
nice bf2 remake!
LT.Victim
Youtube added, Enjoy.
Kurse
The Black Wizards
+16|6755|California
I've seen this redone a few times in BF2, but yours is by far my favorite.
Entertayner
+826|6592

Nice one mate.
LT.Victim

Kurse wrote:

I've seen this redone a few times in BF2, but yours is by far my favorite.
Really? I tried searching around but only found BF2 Movies with the Music.
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6444|San Antonio, TX
I saw a 2142 vid with that song, but I don't recall seeing a BF2 vid that was re-creating the GoW ad.  Anyway, good job with the video, I appreciate the effort.

Now give us 20 more laps up and down the stairs soldier!
LT.Victim

silo1180 wrote:

I saw a 2142 vid with that song, but I don't recall seeing a BF2 vid that was re-creating the GoW ad.  Anyway, good job with the video, I appreciate the effort.

Now give us 20 more laps up and down the stairs soldier!
I actually found one, i don't think its as good as mine though, Doesn't resemble the commercial enough

LT.Victim
And I think the 2142 Movie was with like a Walker running threw camp Gibraltar?
LT.Victim
3 in a row.. come on people, comment please. This video got a low amount of views, So i'm *cough* bumping * cough* it..
Aapje
Internet Superhero
+221|6418
Hmm nicely done But I liked the actual commercial more. Good idea though and it was worked out better as that other movie way way better.
reaper_654
confused??
+36|6318|ohio,USA
who sings that song
LT.Victim

reaper_654 wrote:

who sings that song
Gary Jules does the remix for the commercial.

While the actual song was written and first performed by Tears for Fears.
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6335|Netherlands
Nice!
DA|2KSL4Y3R
BF2s AU Server Admin
+49|6420|Perth, Australia
Awesome job!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard