Alleycat1969
+21|6778
Well all of you great people I have been a proud member and have enjoyed my stay at BF2s, and THANK you CHUY for the great site and community that YOU have created , I hope you will be moving onto the newer games coming out soon and expanding the BF universe ?

I am sadened that bf2 is being hacked to death ,As I still want to play on... but cant as the playing fields are So one sided. To the rest of you whom dont hack I look forward to having  a good old skirmish in the new games coming out.

I am not leaving;  just laying down the gauntlet untill the next big game comes around !

Catch you soldiers in the war zone..

CAT
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6832|Nårvei

Well you are mistaken, the BF2 road is far from it`s end, infact the game has never been better than it is now, less hackers, less glitchers, less bugs and the short termers are gone leaving those that truly play the game for what it`s worth with new interesting mods coming out regularly.

BF2 will still live for a long time and it`s not more one sided than you choose it to be
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
paper_pieon
+7|6325

Varegg wrote:

Well you are mistaken, the BF2 road is far from it`s end, infact the game has never been better than it is now, less hackers, less glitchers, less bugs and the short termers are gone leaving those that truly play the game for what it`s worth with new interesting mods coming out regularly.

BF2 will still live for a long time and it`s not more one sided than you choose it to be
you are so correct my man! +1
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6649|UK
BF2 > all
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6344|Orrstrayleea
Well...goodbye, ive never had the pleasure of playing with you, maybe ill cya'round
hanwinting
+3|6266
ummm hack???? am i missing something?? never met anyone who hacks. one time i just saw someone who was taking advantage of the wall Glitch. Thats all.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6680|BC, Canada
to many people accuse those who kill them of hacking, ive seen a few but god know not many.
Alleycat1969
+21|6778

hanwinting wrote:

ummm hack???? am i missing something?? never met anyone who hacks. one time i just saw someone who was taking advantage of the wall Glitch. Thats all.
I was also like you untill , my friend whom was not such a fan of bf2 as I was, decided to buy a hack , and suddenly he was playing better than me, at first i was trying to figure out his tactics, when he visited myself he admitted to hacking as everybody else was,  and he  was sick of the one shot roll on the floor and you are dead from a heavy machine gun wich I cannot still understand as it accuracy is as lame as throwing feathers at your apponent.

My friend  explained the hack he used allowed a person to see through walls there was no aimbots....but he said it was quite amazed at how many other players were hacking even whole clans !
His name has since been captured at punkbuster for hacking, but nobody gives a fuck anymore, he does not care about his stats or medals as he has had enogh of BF2 ..so hacked for the fun of it !

I am not like my mate as I refuse to pay money  for some lame hack, and enjoy the game for the skill of the players. I have joined some servers with people getting 210 points for 1 death ?? Sorry but that is not possible on infantary only? unless you are VERY lucky ...cough..cough
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6515|N. Ireland
49% Servers = Wake Island, you are guaranteed to go on USMC side
50% Servers = Karkand Infantry Only, which is just boring
1% Servers = Still fair
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6832|Nårvei

Seing as you point out everybody hacks i feel better about myself owning so many hackers

Dont think this is such a big problem, bad players tends to resort to illegal ways and so it is in all online multiplayer games, but they are not the stayers in the game as bad players still suck even with hacks, and they drop out more frequently than the clean players ......
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
artofsurvival
Idiot!
+33|6378|the Great British Queendom :)
True Varegg
I am a shit palyer, just look at me stats, but I will push on to better myself without hacks. Same with life really People who cheat don't stay around for long and usually the old timers are the best source of knowledge and willing to teach!
hanwinting
+3|6266

Alleycat1969 wrote:

hanwinting wrote:

I am not like my mate as I refuse to pay money  for some lame hack, and enjoy the game for the skill of the players. I have joined some servers with people getting 210 points for 1 death ?? Sorry but that is not possible on infantary only? unless you are VERY lucky ...cough..cough
i totally agree
i rather earn my way up than using hack to gain rank. Where is the fun when using a hack??
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6392|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
Hacking has cut dramatically, 3 of my m8s hacked on BF2 (which is really stupid), they have all gone over to 2142 so its better than it was. I think only the people who enjoyed BF2 stayed on when 2142 came out so you've got a good mix of people when playing. Sure there are hackers, but not as many as there were, so that's a good thing.

I would say its far from the end of the road, I've just started a new clan and interest is really high, we've had near on 11 members in the first week, despite the present issues with BF2.

It's a pity your leaving it cos its a gr8 game, its basically the only online game I play now, and Ive always enjoyed the challenge. I know people don't like infantry karkand, and true it bores the hell outta me now, but it doesn't stop me playing. BF2 players are becoming better and better, I hardly see any real noobs today and that's another great thing. The skill level is much higher than it used to be.

Best of luck to you, whatever you end up playing, but when the dust is gathering on your CD case just remember to take it out again and have a go. You might decide not to leave it after all!

N.B. Alleycat its possible (210 points to 1 is a bit crazy), but you've gotta have a good squad of meds with you and probably a 16/32 man server on a 64 player map....so long long rounds.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6607|Seattle

leetkyle wrote:

1% Servers = Still fair
it sounds like someone doesn't like bf2... karkand io couldnt be better, its almost the only map where you can find medics doing their job.
san4
The Mas
+311|6710|NYC, a place to live
Fly a jet. No hacks for dogfighting.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6515|N. Ireland

Marinejuana wrote:

it sounds like someone doesn't like bf2... karkand io couldnt be better, its almost the only map where you can find medics doing their job.
Precisely. Everyone is a medic.
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6444|San Antonio, TX
As my sig states, I too am leaving the game.  I'm still going to lurk here on the forum, as I find it entertaining and it helps me pass time at work.

I'm not leaving the game because of hacks, or I think it sucks.  I'm just at a point where I can't see sitting 400 hours in a tank to try to get a badge/ribbon whatever.  I've picked up other interests in my life.  I started taking lessons for the bass guitar (been meaning to do that for years now), and I bought the latest version of ACID and have been putting together some songs.  Nothing great, just something to make all the $$$ I've spent on the PC seem a little more worthwhile.

And of course BF2 does take a serious chunk out of my time with the wife and kids.  So yesterday I did the un-thinkable... I un-installed BF2, deleted the EA folder(s), unplugged the joystick, put it all in a bag and gave it to my friend ncc6206 so he and his son (hotshot2552) can install it on a second PC and play at the same time.

I can't recall having played with anyone here on the forum, so I doubt my running around the battlefield will be missed.  I was spending more time with the bots in the end than with people on line anyway.  They don't seem to bitch as much when you get the one shot one kill on them!
Jem250
+4|6256|Bath, UK
This isn't the end of the road for BF2, but it is the beginning of the end. With BF2142 well established (and advertised to me whenever I log in much to my annoyance) the number of casual players on BF2 will fall further. This will of course raise the overall standard making it harder and harder for the remaining casual players to compete, leaving them with the choices of frustration, quitting or hacking.

I've not really found any hackers on BF2 as far as I know, but I never look - I can remember those times when I've put two shots straight through someone's head with an L85A1 without either me or them stopping running. Scatter on BF2 is random, often it makes you miss, sometimes it helps you kill.

Good luck to all of you, whether you're staying in the warzone or bugging out.
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6505|P-way, NJ
wow, there are really no hackers, i get called hacking-banned for hacking, doesnt bother me cause i know im not ..yesturday i killed a guy 9 times, kept coming after me and there were medic packs everywhere where he was..wow take of your hacks-i shot you so many times and your still not dead....
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6515|N. Ireland

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

wow, there are really no hackers, i get called hacking-banned for hacking, doesnt bother me cause i know im not ..yesturday i killed a guy 9 times, kept coming after me and there were medic packs everywhere where he was..wow take of your hacks-i shot you so many times and your still not dead....
or maybe you just got owned
jsnipy
+3,276|6544|...

leetkyle wrote:

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

or maybe you just got owned
*kyle fight~!

ontopic: good luck and have fun with the next thing

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-04-03 07:03:27)

AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6485|A W S M F O X
Your just dodgy at BF2, none hacks, its only people better than you.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6467|The Land of Scott Walker
When 2142 came out, I stopped playing BF2 completely.  I had already invested a lot of time in BF2 and with no new maps, the action got pretty boring because our clan server sat empty most of the time.  Since only the better players stuck with BF2, it wasn't fun to play anymore because I'm a solid player, but not the best.  I don't have a lot of time to play, so I won't waste my time with something that doesn't have the fun factor for me anymore.  SF is still fun because the maps are more interesting, but I don't even play that.  Our clan switched our server over to 2142 and with the expansion there's still a lot of fun to be had.

The only thing keeping BF2 going for me is the mods.  Desert Combat came out last week and as a fan of the original DC mod for BF1942, I was really looking forward to it.  I haven't played 2142 since DC for BF2 came out and I'm having fun like I did back in the BF1942 days.  The maps bring back memories of fun in the past and there is a lot more vehicles, armor, choppers, and planes so there's plenty for everyone playing to enjoy.  I haven't had to wait in line yet for a vehicle or chopper, which is great.  BF2 was a great game, but I won't be playing vanilla anymore because of the more interesting mods.  Forgotten Hope 2 will be great when it comes out, too.  It is the mod I'm looking forward to the most.  It'll be WW2 battles on the BF2 engine which is what a large portion of the Battlefield community wants.
Oronisi
+4|6466

hanwinting wrote:

Saw my first couple of hackers last night, and I've been playing for over a year.  Now I'm sure I've probably encountered hackers before, but they must have been subtle about it because I didn't notice.

These guys were moving as fast as humvee's, respawning where you killed them immediately, and sniping from across the map w/o a sniper, and one-shot killing people with pistols, AND the server admin couldn't manage to kick them.

It was entertaining to watch the choads try and compete using just about every hack imaginable.  You'd think they would be unstoppable, but I still killed them a few times before logging off.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6857|Kubra, Damn it!

leetkyle wrote:

1% Servers = Still fair
QFFE!

See ya, alleycat. Can't say that I remember ever seeing you on the forums before, but oh well.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard