Panikfrost
+9|6504
What do guys think about this?should I start one?
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6256|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Shop? How about Sig Giveaway?
jimbo1000
+4|6214|Sydney
yh u should make free ones!
Panikfrost
+9|6504
my advise when making sigs,
1.you don't always have to use a bf2 render just because you play bf2
2.don't take some random image off google images and resize it and call that your sig.
3.try not to use brushes it makes sigs look like crap
4.use the blur tool to add depth
and 5.text is the hardest thing about a sig you should spend the most time trying to match your sig with the text.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
Or join the BF2s sig team that's already set up.

I have thought about joining it, but I only make mine for me and special people/random people who ask.

Also, for me, please don't do the "Current, Latest" thing. This ain't a graphic forum... It's just a personal thing, it pisses me off. No offence to you.
Panikfrost
+9|6504
yeah I think I might just do them free cause it kinda annoys me to see people with pictures they randomly find off google images.
jimbo1000
+4|6214|Sydney
make me a free one

jimbo1000 medic whore
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

Yeah, if you wanna start a graphic design 'shop', don't do it here. Thanks.
l41e
+677|6618

Er, this is a BF2 forum. Not a graphic design forum.
Panikfrost
+9|6504
so because this is a bf2 forum nothing else can be discussed and done?why are there constantly topics about things that are not bf2 related?I just saw a topic about the movie 300 now if that has something to do with bf2 then wow but I really doubt that
Ryan

Panikfrost wrote:

so because this is a bf2 forum nothing else can be discussed and done?why are there constantly topics about things that are not bf2 related?I just saw a topic about the movie 300 now if that has something to do with bf2 then wow but I really doubt that
Yes, but if you are more interested in graphic design than BF2, go post this on a design forum.
This forum is strictly for BF2 players, or BF2 fans, and they can post anything they want to.

Well, almost anything.
FFLink
There is.
It's not that your help isn't appreciated, it's just not needed as much as a place like a graphics forum needs.

So what if people want just normal pictures in their sigs, it's their choice.
Panikfrost
+9|6504
wait wait wait are you saying I have to leave bf2s because I'm not a bf2 fan or I'm thinking about doing a graphics shop or something similar here?
LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada
I think what they mean is that you will find more people will find interested in your "sig shop" if you were to post it on a Graphics Forum.
Panikfrost
+9|6504
ok LT.Victim I understand you but i wanna hear what Ryan and FFLink13 have to say.
FFLink
There is.

Panikfrost wrote:

ok LT.Victim I understand you but i wanna hear what Ryan and FFLink13 have to say.
Ok, here's what I have to say:

None of us here have any right to say whether you can join the BF2s community (Which is a community developed from the game BF2. I for one haven't played BF2 in ages, yet am still part of this great community). You posted your post asking advice for whether you should start up a sig shop. Ryan may have gone too far as to say that this forum is strictly for Bf2 users, it has just been built up to what it is by BF2 users.

Now, you come here and make a post that says to me "I want to show off and give people good sigs". Fair enough, you have some skills with sig making, but so do alot of people here (Me being one ). You say you are sick of seeing people with just images from google in their sigs. Well, if it pisses you off, then don't stay! It's not a graphics forum, so not everyone needs a swish looking sig. If those people want a sig like ours, then they can easily request from either the BF2s sig team or from alot of other members.

Basically, open up a "sig shop" if you like, but just be aware of the people who will be pointing you to the BF2s sig team, telling you to search, possibly closing your thread etc.

Or, you could remove the second sig on your sig (Did I say doing that annoys me? ) and place some text in your sig saying that you will make on request. Then, post about a bit so your sig gets noticed and people may ask you. I have the little advert in my sig that has attracted requests for the graphics site I am a part of.
Entertayner
+826|6541

Entertayner says no.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6589|Manitowoc, WI

Panikfrost wrote:

wait wait wait are you saying I have to leave bf2s because I'm not a bf2 fan or I'm thinking about doing a graphics shop or something similar here?
You're allowed to be a member of more than one forum at a time.
Also: Poll?

Last edited by BolvisOculus (2007-03-25 07:56:44)

Panikfrost
+9|6504

BolvisOculus wrote:

Panikfrost wrote:

You're allowed to be a member of more than one forum at a time.
Also: Poll?
It's in the poll section because I wanted simple yes and no question and maybe to discuss sigs.
Ryan

I totally agree with Link.
You may stay here, get to know us, and become a member of the BF2s Sig team, but if you only want to create sigs, you would be way better off doing it at a graphic design forum.

We are encouraging you to do it on one of those forums, not here. Not that we want you to leave, but we just think it would be better.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
I think you just got owned .
I know fucking karate
Panikfrost
+9|6504

justice wrote:

I have already reported your post because I dont want any spam here.If you dont have anything to contribute to the topic then don't post here
Simon
basically
+838|6628|UK

Panikfrost wrote:

justice wrote:

I have already reported your post because I dont want any spam here.If you dont have anything to contribute to the topic then don't post here
Cry me a river
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6602|Derby, England

Can we stick to subject please?

Thank you
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6495|South Florida

Panikfrost wrote:

3.try not to use brushes it makes sigs look like crap
WHAT? brushes are awesome for sigs. How else would you add effects to solid colors?
15 more years! 15 more years!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard