Poll

Which of these is you favorite support MG?

M2497%7% - 5
Rpk3%3% - 2
Pkm50%50% - 32
Mg3638%38% - 24
Total: 63
Lawk
+2|6786
I am not the best with the support class, but if I go, I go with the MG36.  It seems to have less deviation and be more accurate than the rest of the group.  Nice sound too.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6798

MG36 is my new baby... on burst mode its ultra accurate ^-^
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6732
My lovely PKM

Btw: Where is the Type 88?
Anima05
+1|6772
MG36, i dont have SF yet, but I have almost sniped people with it
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6786|Noizyland

I'm not really a heavy support player, even though I unlocked the PKM, (I don't know why the hell I did this.)
I'm just going to say that I like the new SF Support unlock. Just because it looks cool.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
priznat
+0|6859
I don't have SF yet so I can't comment on the MG36, but the PKM freakin rules.. setup at a good chokepoint and just lay the lead.. I actually like the mounted RPK/SAW/type whatever ones too, it's fun just hosing down an area.. If they only had the M2HB setup on ground defense spots I would be in heaven!
OMGEliteGaming
+0|6841
PKM was one of my first unlocks and ive spent a good amount of time playing with it, takes a little while getting used to but once youve mastered it, its one of the best guns in the game in my opinion. Because ive been so happy with it i havent really done much with the MG36. I dont really have any complaints about the accuracy or clip size with the PKM, 100 bullets its enough for me to get the job done and safely reload, so i dont really see the need to switch down to a less powerful bullet.
DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6776
i hardly play support, but i got all the unlocks and so far the PKM is my favorite
Lawk
+2|6786

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

My lovely PKM

It is in most of the maps I dont really play.  So, its not in the poll.
leighto
+1|6729|Australia

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

My lovely PKM

the type 88 is the chinese sniper rifle, i think u mean the type 95.

the pkm is cool it owns in the right hands.
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6732

leighto wrote:

Ub3r-ElitE wrote:

My lovely PKM

the type 88 is the chinese sniper rifle, i think u mean the type 95.

the pkm is cool it owns in the right hands.
Uhm maybe. 88, 95 ... you get what i mean
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6755
Yeah, don't forget type 98 (tank) etc.  Man those chinese are unimaginative when it comes to weapons names...

Anyways...

I really like the MG36 for the sole reason of:  I like things fast.  The PKM fires so slowly, sure if you hit them it does alot of damage, but psychologically...

What happens when you get shot?  You run for cover.  It's the human instinct to survive.  With the PKM, you don't have a good firing rate, and therefore you have a lesser chance of instilling fear into the enemy.

However, with the MG36, when people get hit, they run for cover.  But they get hit so often, it drives them into a deeper panic.  After they think they're safe, you jump around the corner and finish the job.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6775

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

I hardly ever play support (I think I have 4 hours in total lol) but when I used the mg36 it really instilled faith in the class for reasons other than being a resupply whore.
That was the main reason I started with Assualt (i watned to reach Corporal at 10,500 points becuase I fucked up my first unlock) but now I'm in love with it.

PKM all the way!
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6794|The Hague, Holland
PKM is the way to go!
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6850|Munich, Germany
i like the PKM but somehow i prefer the newer weapons, i actually love the whole G36 family all are accurate, fast and deadly.
even though sometimes as medic with the G36E i forget im medic and think im spec ops and look for my C4
Slowpinger-GER-
Kermit was here...
+-1|6792|Hamburg

mort4u wrote:

i like the PKM but somehow i prefer the newer weapons, i actually love the whole G36 family all are accurate, fast and deadly.
even though sometimes as medic with the G36E i forget im medic and think im spec ops and look for my C4
I know this problem.
Sometimes i want to Zip-line to the next house,but WTF? Shock-paddles? Moahr! My Head ---> table

BTW actually it is a bad idea to run to the hostile tank to put c4 there, and to notice that medi-packs don`t do SO much damage to a tank.
One more death in vain.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6767|The Netherlands
where is the type 95 (china) maybe some guy likes that one (personaly i don't like playing support)
Fahrenheit
+0|6790
id like a nice new MG42 please!!! or the old Mg34 from DOD lol they noth good...PKM yuk its horrid i practiced and noticed the deviation is all over the place...MG36 is a little better, but really its down to my lack of skill i guess...and like you guys i prefer the G36 family, spent 15 mins sneaking to the enemy assets to find i was assault guy!!! why do some servers reset ur guy during 2nd round? you have to reselect spec opps and on some u have to rejoin the same squad...weird!! i wish more peeps played support...i wish i was atleast half way decent with that class...practice makes perfect....anyone got any good tips on using the PKM effectively? i go prone use the sight and fire short bursts...seems very ineffective at times....good for firing at choppers though!!!!....

Last edited by Fahrenheit (2005-12-06 08:59:59)

Guruz
Sir
+20|6850|government yard in trenchtown.

RedFiercare wrote:

Yeah, don't forget type 98 (tank) etc.  Man those chinese are unimaginative when it comes to weapons names...
And Type 85 submachinegun!

What comes to LMG's I choose MG36. Before SF, I took PKM only when playing China. M249 has its fast fire & huge clip and RPK is accurate.
Rosse_modest
+76|6788|Antwerp, Flanders
I haven't played support in SF yet and I haven't chosen it as an unlock in reg BF2 either, so I have no experience with the MG36.
I'd have to go for the PKM...
Of the regular 3 I'd choose the Minimi though
Lawk
+2|6786

fdcp_elmo wrote:

where is the type 95 (china) maybe some guy likes that one (personaly i don't like playing support)
I dont use it, so its not in MY poll.
extremedavo
+0|6734
The PKM is a fantastic support weapon, having a range of 1000m with a cyclic rate is 650 rpm firing 7.62 rounds, it is a menace. It is so powerful it is usually a Company asset (usually mouted with optic firing sights) which is used in major support roles.
The M249 or Minimi isnt actually a machine gun as it doesnt have a beaten or danger zone, it is an LSW, light support weapon. It is practially used as a rifle. I suggest the game makers should have gone with the M60 or Mag58, true machine guns used by ANSUS forces.

Last edited by extremedavo (2005-12-06 12:00:57)

Sud
+0|6759
I've not been having any luck with the burst on the MG36. The bullets comically dance around off center never quite hitting their mark. I get the opposite with the PKM - prone and looking down scope, it's not %100 accurate, but it has incredibally low recoil, which means you can hold down the fire button and just keep the iron sight on center of the target, and while maybe only 1 in 5 shots hit, it's still enough to take down people pretty fast.
extremedavo
+0|6734
Yep, machine guns dont have small groupings of bullets, they have beaten zones and cones of fire. There is an entire theory to machine gun fire, and when deployed correctly, machine guns can win a battle.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard