Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6796|Noizyland

If you could switch your accent for something completely different, which would you choose and why?

In my humble opinion, the New Zealand accent is terrible. The most dominant one, being the northland accent is ugly and lazy - anyone who speaks with it sounds like an idiot. For those who don't know the NZ accent, here's some phoenetic Kiwi for you:
"Oi moigh just gow daun tu tha shups and get sum fush und chups."
Aussies I give you permission to giggle at that. To speak it, just relax your cheeks and purse your bottom lip. That'll pretty much get it.
The Southland accent is a lot better, but still not tops. You end up sounding like some kind of Australian Pirate.
The moderate NZ accent, mine - and Sam niell's if you want an example, (Jurassic Park, Alan Grant,) -  is becoming less and less, mostly because it is certifiably the most 'neutral' accent in the world, and because of this, speakers of this accent loose it quickly if put around others with different accents. I find myself lapsing into the northland accent sometimes which is annoying.

So I've decided to switch my accent for a Scottish one. Not the really strong Highland one as such, but something from Edinburgh maybe.
I reckon if I live there for a couple of years I'll pick it up. Either that or listen to "500 Miles" by The Proclaimers on repeat for ages.
Either that or an Irish one, but Scottish would be my first choice.

What about you guys? Do you want a change, or are you fiendishly protective of the accent you have?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6547|South Florida
Lol. I would say i would love a perfect Italian accent. Like those hardcore gangsters from movies like "The Godfather" and stuff like that. But a hardcore Irish would be the funnest

Last edited by Dezerteagal5 (2007-03-20 23:29:14)

15 more years! 15 more years!
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6602|Melbourne, Australia.
Scottish for sure...Although I like the Aussie accent, I've got a pretty noticeable one .

I'm horrible at impersonating accents...
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6677|Brisbane, Australia

Ty wrote:

"Oi moigh just gow daun tu tha shups and get sum fush und chups."
LAWL.

Heh, I put on a Leb accent from time to time, for comedic purposes, like

"Eyy maaaayte check oaut mah fullay sick subwoofaaar in mah subarooo W R X"

Btw, its harder for you to pick up a new accent around, 25 I think? GTF over to Australia.

Last edited by Sarrk (2007-03-20 23:32:06)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6769|The United Center
I've always loved when a girl has a British or Australian accent.

I wouldn't mind having one of those...or an Irish one.  Or a Piker one like Mickey in Snatch. 
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6412

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

Scottish for sure...Although I like the Aussie accent, I've got a pretty noticeable one .

I'm horrible at impersonating accents...
It's interesting that Australia has quite noticible different accents.  I heard (from a friend from England), that people from Sydney tend to end on a higher tone with each sentence than they started off with.  I've gotten used to the Melbourne one, but the Perth accent once again is markedly different.
TuataraDude
+115|6544|Aotearoa
The Kiwi accent isn't so bad (unless you get the extremes like Lynn of Tawa).

Women with a soft Irish accent or Scottish are pretty neat to listen to and guys with a......erm...... who cares about the guys, lol.

So long as it isn't the South African accent. Sorry to any Jaapies out there, but your accent sounds terrible.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6416|The Gem Saloon
i love my midwest twang......
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6649|UK
I'd love to have an Aussie accent.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6677|Brisbane, Australia

liquidat0r wrote:

I'd love to have an Aussie accent.
Get a cockney accent and Ill swap for a week.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6738
Depends what kind of people I'm talking to.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Superglueman
+21|6381|The Great South Land
I reckon sydneysiders are startin to sound a little like califiornian americans...kinda like a secondhand car salesman with a positive disposition...except the Aussie/greek/Leb drawl that is "Aww ma Gawd! check oaut mah fullay sick subwoofaaar "
To many aussies give'n up their working class(loud) voice..for shite

NZ'ers sometime sound like southafricans to me(ive been there twice..NZ that is, not that other hole) but most NZ'ers(wellington and below) sound like educated mild mannered Aussies...so dont fear...your cool

Even in moderate scottish cities like Edinburgh, its hard to understand them!

English girls cause they sound raw~!

I sometimes get asked what nationality i am...and my family's been here since free settler times...i think i have a regular Australian accent, just without the passion(loudness)...

I want an Roman/Italian accent.....chicks dig Italian accents....
a.guy.ina.wheelchair
+4|6541|Napier, NZ
jamaican mon!!
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6427|NSW, Australia

how boot that canada aye?
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6548|Singapore
how about singaporean? our english sounds weird. seriously.
jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6761|Norcal, usa
i kinda like that one accent that isn't really an accent.
oh yeah, that one that i have.
the regular bay area one, that one's cool.
BVC
+325|6717
Sounds like you've been listening to an aussie's pisstaking of the kiwi accent ty

I've been mistaken for an aussie by aussies before, so meh
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6644|Little Bentcock
I wouldn't change my Aussie accent for anything.
ozzie_johnson
+98|6680|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
russian or german sounds cool.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6796|Noizyland

Pubic wrote:

Sounds like you've been listening to an aussie's pisstaking of the kiwi accent ty

I've been mistaken for an aussie by aussies before, so meh
I dunno. I work in a place where a lot of Kiwi trash come and they've got this really horrid accent - I guess I'm just noticing the trash more.
Still, I would like that Scottish accent. Unfortunatly that's whats me and Idi Amin have in common.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6741|Melbourne, Australia
im aussie and atm its a hit when i jump in a ts server the ladies go nuts for it

but iv always been a fan of the RUSSIAN accent so tuff and mighty
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6667
hehee I always liked Scottish accents kind of like this

Last edited by blademaster (2007-03-21 04:00:28)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6785

jkohlc wrote:

Singapore speak English? Cannot one leh goondu. Go back and makan makan your chai teow kueh.
Hawk390
+27|6665|Melbourne, Australia

Coolbeano wrote:

jkohlc wrote:

Singapore speak English? Cannot one leh goondu. Go back and makan makan your chai teow kueh.
Wah lao! why you make char kway teo wan? you make cheeekin rice boy!

Haha, i loved speaking Singlish when i was living in Singapore to the locals, funny as hell to watch there faces when they see a white boy speaking it, especially since they thought i was 20 when i was 14. Man i gotta move back there, I NEED MY CHICKEN RICE!
zeidmaan
+234|6437|Vienna

Im happy with my Bosnian English accent, but a French one would be cool.

/puts on flame retardant suit

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard