-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6653|England
Im at a loss right now, when i connect to UK servers im guessing i should have a fairly stable ping on a 4meg connection. Yet when im on said servers it really is like im playing on a server located on the east coast, sometimes the west.

Ive run spyware/adwar/virus scans, ive deleted cookies, cleared my temp folder etc etc. Im starting to think it's my modem. It goes down sometimes every other day. Im with Virgin Media (shite) and they say they can't replace my modem which is around 7 years old as it "appears" to be in working order.

ABSOLUTELY any help is really appreciated, im so damn frustrated i can't play 1 decent game.
killinzero1
+14|6407
soo ur saying ur getting kicked bc of high ping
?
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6561|Winterpeg, Canada
what are u pinging at usually?
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6653|England
before my troubles started my ping would be 30 - 70 never above 100. Now it just stays at 100-200
killinzero1
+14|6407
try disconnecting ur modem and routner wait 10sec then plug back in
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6455|UK
start > run > cmd

type into cmd

ping www.yahoo.com

see what the ping results from that are
bob-brainiac
+6|6731|belgium
first look at your modem
second unplug cables from the modem
third smack it 5 times hard on the ground.
fourth call you Internet provider and ask for a replace. (if not broken after 5 times repeat it a few times.)
ssonrats
+221|6664
Virgin is your problem.
spuddy1981
+10|6382|england
Iv noticed more problems and higher ping since telewest became virgin.
OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6335|Newcastle UK
yeah its virgin i changed isp and now my ping is more stable
rmilhous
+32|6547|Augusta, Georgia

-=]DeatH1337[=- wrote:

Im at a loss right now, when i connect to UK servers im guessing i should have a fairly stable ping on a 4meg connection. Yet when im on said servers it really is like im playing on a server located on the east coast, sometimes the west.

Ive run spyware/adwar/virus scans, ive deleted cookies, cleared my temp folder etc etc. Im starting to think it's my modem. It goes down sometimes every other day. Im with Virgin Media (shite) and they say they can't replace my modem which is around 7 years old as it "appears" to be in working order.

ABSOLUTELY any help is really appreciated, im so damn frustrated i can't play 1 decent game.
I had the same problem here in the states. I had a crappy modem that I rented from the cable company which was one of the original Motorola Surfboards (damn thing was HUGE). It was so old that the original white case was now a slight brown, for obviously it had been around for a while.

I called the cable company (Mediacom) and told them I was turning it in as I was going to purchase my own since they cannot replace the one I had. They then offered to "swap" my old one out. The only reason they offered was because they lose money on the rental of the modem. However, I was not about to chance it again and went out and bought my own. I dont know if you can do this where you are, but now that I own mine, I dont have to spend money to rent one.

Last edited by rmilhous (2007-03-03 09:26:19)

sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6638|InGerLand
succinctly hit the modem with a hammer and then tell virgin that it no longer is in working order
whether it solves the problem or not your going to get a new modem
also virgin is a problem
you have to penetrate virgin, once you have done that it becomes much easier for you to shoot off down the now broadband pipe

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard