Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6606|SE London

Since the new bunch of mods appeared I've noticed loads of threads disappearing and massive block deletes of posts going on, practically ever minute of the day.

Is it just me, or are some of the new mods being a bit overzealous with their censorship?
mike_01042
Banned
+9|6352|Nasareth
/agree
BTW YOUR SIG IS TOO HIGH, BAN HIM! lol

Last edited by mike_01042 (2007-02-26 15:19:18)

commissargizz
+123|6488| Heaven
You're banned
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6775|Chicago.
It has been my observation that more posts have necesitated deletes. And we're following through with our responsiblies.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6391|Columbus, Ohio
I like whatever they do whenever they want.

/hides in corner
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6789|Dallas

Bertster7 wrote:

Since the new bunch of mods appeared I've noticed loads of threads disappearing and massive block deletes of posts going on, practically ever minute of the day.

Is it just me, or are some of the new mods being a bit overzealous with their censorship?
Your lucky they didn't make me a mod.  I would have banned your account, IP address and your subnet.

Stop making these pointless threads people.
Madhadda1
+270|6569|Cedar Rapids, Iowa

usmarine2007 wrote:

/hides in corner
make room for me
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6655|Washington, DC

That's what they said about the last pool of mods..
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6834|Nårvei

It`s a period of executing fresh power when new mods are appointed, it`s been like this since the start of bf2s and will calm down in a week or so when the new guys are settled in, a completely normal cause of action and not very typical for this forum !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6655|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

They have adopted their own version of the patriot act.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6391|Columbus, Ohio
Well, at the time I checked, there was 1 mod for every 7.8 members online.

/goes back in corner
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6731|67.222.138.85
Find a specific thread, and a specific mod closure, and pm that mod about it. If you feel uncomfortable about that, pm a different mod about it. I honestly can't see an uptake in closed threads, there are usually 0-2 ever page. If anything I would blame it on the recent uptake in hostilities in D&ST.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6674|Keyboard

Varegg wrote:

It`s a period of executing fresh power when new mods are appointed, it`s been like this since the start of bf2s and will calm down in a week or so when the new guys are settled in, a completely normal cause of action and not very typical for this forum !
QFT.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6391|Columbus, Ohio

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

If anything I would blame it on the recent uptake in hostilities in D&ST.
Well.....no kidding TBH.  When you talk about religion, politics, and war, it will get more heated then when you talk about shitting at school.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6483|behind my rifle

Madhadda1 wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

/hides in corner
make room for me
and me. but seriously i dont think they are closing too much, its jsut so many people have been posting already
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6834|Marathon, Florida Keys
they must love the power, i sure would if i was a mod (which i should be )
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6622|Seattle

I close flame wars.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6391|Columbus, Ohio

King_County_Downy wrote:

I close flame wars.
You closed Bf2s?
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6622|Seattle

@ marine

I close "debates" after 6 pages of flaming. I guess I should have made that more clear.

of course some flaming makes it fun, but there's got to be a limit.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6731|67.222.138.85

usmarine2007 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Well.....no kidding TBH.  When you talk about religion, politics, and war, it will get more heated then when you talk about shitting at school.
Of course that's to be expected, but you can't say there hasn't been an increase in said activities over the past few weeks.

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

they must love the power, i sure would if i was a mod (which i should be )
Your 3-star e-pen0r might explode with that much internats authority.
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6446|My room
I'm guessing this thread is next on line to be closed. You complain about closed threads and then make one sure to be closed. Genius. Pure mental genius.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6606|SE London

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Of course that's to be expected, but you can't say there hasn't been an increase in said activities over the past few weeks.
I'd say it was more to do with Mods clamping down on stuff, but I could easily be wrong.

Although this Mod edit does lead me to believe otherwise...

Anonymous Mod wrote:

I'll allow disagreements, I'll allow some name-calling, I'll understand if someone overreacts, but from now on this section [D&ST] will be much more heavily moderated.  So please, for your own sake, and to prevent confrontation, keep a level head.
I could equally well be imagining all this - when I take a closer look there don't seem to be that many more threads closed than usual - maybe it's just the ones I'm contributing to

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-02-26 15:40:50)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6553|Global Command
I frankly have said to myself " i would have banned so and so for that " at least a dozen times in the last two weeks.
There is an upsurge in hostilities lately.

You all should try the patch.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6511|Melbourne

well all i can see is mods doing a good job.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6622|Seattle

There was also a rash of duplicate account flame threads started by disgruntled ex-forumees which may explain some of that "grey" you've been seeing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard