DaBombadier
+8|6446|Sooooo coooold....Canada....
Hey everyone, I recently installed a DVD drive (I removed my old drive which could only read CD's) and a 1 GB stick of RAM into my computer and after I turned it on my internet didn't work for some reason. Well anyways, I can't go on the Internet and I'm still waiting for my uncle to come and see what's wrong. So, I'd like to know, is there anyway to play Battlefield 2142 offline before having to login with your online EA account?

Last edited by DaBombadier (2007-02-24 19:09:39)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6669|Washington, DC

Have you tried logging in with your EA account? It sounds crazy. But what happens is that the game realizes it can't connect, and it asks you if you want to run offline.
Snowmanimal
Not so unique forum title
+30|6582|My head

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Nope.  Unlike BF2, 2142 does not have a single player option.
LIES

total lies

you can login offline.  and play singleplayer.  check to make sure your drivers are installed on your motherboard for your internet

(Right click My Computer, go down to manage, once that box opens up, go to device manager, then look for anything that has a yellow circle thing next to it.  if one says network drive or something like that and has a yellow tag next to it, then your driver is not installed).  download it from another computer(if you know your motherboard type) and install it on your PC.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6786|The United Center
I stand corrected.
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6455|Norway | Unkown
You have to login online before you are able to play offline!
Snowmanimal
Not so unique forum title
+30|6582|My head
if your account doesnt work it gives you an error and says you can only login offline.  this i am 95% sure about.

Last edited by Snowmanimal (2007-02-24 13:16:02)

-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6755
Snow is correct. When you are not online, try logging in. It will attempt to login for around 15-20 seconds, then a little box pops up and tells you that the game could not connect to the EA master server, and asks if you would like to play offline or if you would like to keep trying to connect.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6734|UK

-MP-Nuke1266 wrote:

Snow is correct. When you are not online, try logging in. It will attempt to login for around 15-20 seconds, then a little box pops up and tells you that the game could not connect to the EA master server, and asks if you would like to play offline or if you would like to keep trying to connect.
Yes but u must of logged in at least once whilst online.
DaBombadier
+8|6446|Sooooo coooold....Canada....
Man that is really gay, it should be like BF2 where they actually let you make an offline account.
psH
Banned
+217|6422|Sydney
2142 SP isn't half bad, alot better than Bf2 SP. I suggest you download the 2142 SP titan mod. Very good. Very good indeed.
spuddy1981
+10|6401|england
Think they have done it to cut down on selling games.  Hope its not going to be happening all the time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard