[[[@lph@]]]_Templar
+20|6496|UK
Ok so i jus got these links sent to me by my friend showing KAIN, the world #1, goin AFK as commander then gettin knived:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTJIEM7r6pw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30N3uQb- … mp;search=

Im so glad they did that. AFK commanders or commanders that do fuck all piss me off so much. I mean do they even get points if they're AFK?

On the 2nd video it says that Kain uses scripts to become commander. How would this work? I've heard of scripts in CSS but not in 2142.

Thoughts......?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6539|so randum
who cares? He payed for his copy, so i really don't mind what he does
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Donald O' Brien
+104|6742

fatherted13 wrote:

Who cares?  That's a pretty easy one...anybody who enjoys having a responsive commander doing his job.  In your terms, anyone who didn't pay for their copy to have a shitty commander cares.  Take your 'cool' self elsewhere.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6532|N. Ireland
If the team care, they will successfully votekick him. If your team DON'T care, too bad. He paid for it, he can do whatever he wants. Go find another server.
l41e
+677|6687

leetkyle wrote:

If the team care, they will successfully votekick him.
loaz u made a funny.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6539|so randum

Donald O' Brien wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

Who cares?  That's a pretty easy one...anybody who enjoys having a responsive commander doing his job.  In your terms, anyone who didn't pay for their copy to have a shitty commander cares.  Take your 'cool' self elsewhere.
Haha i'm not saying it to be cool, but just get used to AFK commanders, i come across em all the time whoring the time for various ribbons. And yes, its annoying not to have UAV and artillery and supplys and whatsoever, but just work around it. Nowadays, it does'nt annoy me anymore if i have AFK commanders, i Play engi with the Squad Leader unlock drone, SMG makes short work of infantry, and there's always my Pilum for anything big and scary
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6539|so randum

leetkyle wrote:

If the team care, they will successfully votekick him. If your team DON'T care, too bad. He paid for it, he can do whatever he wants. Go find another server.
Votekicks lol

https://img92.imageshack.us/img92/3282/mutinyyn2.png
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6609|United States
Yes, you can be afk and get points as a commander because your points as commander are solely based on what the players on your team do.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6780|In your head

fatherted13 wrote:

Agreed who really cares work around it. I go AFK commander everyonce and awhile but every so often I at least coe and check  it out and give UAV and supplies etc etc.
jsnipy
+3,276|6561|...

AFK commander are beneficial because usually they are off in global meetings with opposing sides to solve the issues that lead to these battles in the first place.

ot: They pick lamers and padders for Supreme Commanders so nothing will/can be done about this. Just don't play on his server.
Donald O' Brien
+104|6742

fatherted13 wrote:

Donald O' Brien wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

Haha i'm not saying it to be cool, but just get used to AFK commanders, i come across em all the time whoring the time for various ribbons. And yes, its annoying not to have UAV and artillery and supplys and whatsoever, but just work around it. Nowadays, it does'nt annoy me anymore if i have AFK commanders, i Play engi with the Squad Leader unlock drone, SMG makes short work of infantry, and there's always my Pilum for anything big and scary
Gotcha.
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6476|Brisbane, Australia
could you imagine commanding for 80 hours.... i think i would go litarally insane. i remember going for 10 hours commander, that was sooo borrinngg.
Magius5.0
+106|6420|UMass Amherst
You'll never find *me* AFK: I take the same risks as my team on low-to-middle populated servers, all the while performing my duties as commander.  I am one with the force--er, l337n355.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6689|Keyboard
Victory is ours.....GTFO. It´ll be a victory is you:

a) Vote kick him out
b) Steal the commander role

Yes, this ¨plan¨ failed completely.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6734|UK

[[[@lph@]]]_Templar wrote:

Im so glad they did that. AFK commanders or commanders that do fuck all piss me off so much. I mean do they even get points if they're AFK?
Yes I doit all the time, but most of the time im not actually afk im on bf2s or ebay or my psp
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6734|UK
Also when he returned from being afk he would notice no difference, he would have no deaths or no minus points, the only people it affected where the idiots who decided to tk him several times.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6519|Somewhere else

I just knife them a few times.  I bought the game as well, I also can do what I like.

It's not hard to just command.   IN BF2 I go AFK while commanding to take a piss and race back.  I've got 250+ hours on BF2 all active commanding.  No one says you have to be a decent commander. Its just courteous to other gamers.

Maybe most people don't give a shit about other gamers, which is fine, personal choice.  I just don't feel its necissary to ruin some other people's gaming because I'm going for points in BF2 or 2142.
Master*
Banned
+416|6534|United States
If you thought KAIN was bad look at Skunk_2142 he actually is at the computer when he is AFK commandng and he bans you if you knife him.
Lost-Soul
+26|6548
I love it!!!!!
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6448|Espoo, Finland

[[[@lph@]]]_Templar wrote:

On the 2nd video it says that Kain uses scripts to become commander. How would this work? I've heard of scripts in CSS but not in 2142.
Then the scripts aren't probably working or he doesn't use those always, 'cause I've taken the commander position in front of him for couple of times at least.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6805|UK
Vote kicks do not work ever.
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6755

Vilham wrote:

Vote kicks do not work ever.
Add that to the fact that many servers have them disabled in the 1st place.

I think that high ranking AFK commanders are fun to play against. Easier to grab their tags.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard