2142 SMGs > BF2 SMG's??

Yes80%80% - 60
No13%13% - 10
Roughly the same6%6% - 5
Total: 75
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6539|so randum
Well, i think so, heres a little screenshot i just took. Now im not amazing with these SMG's, have a KD ratio of about 3-4 withh both of them, but there is no way a) i could have got that many kills with em on BF2, or b) i could have got a KD ratio like that on bf2 either

Discuss

https://img294.imageshack.us/img294/2015/engirocksxj8.png
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6382
I liked the MP5 back in Bf2. In single shot even good at longer distances. The Bison was kick ass, too.
But every AT guy walked around with the damn DAO-12 so you just got fucked in close quarters, which were the true strengths of the SMG´s in Bf2.

I have to admit though, I do like the SMG´s in 2142 better.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
ozzie_johnson
+98|6696|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
yeah the smgs are pretty good in 2142, bf2 i like mp5 and the mec one pp something.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6507
P90>Torcutte>MP7>Malkrov>BF2 Stocks
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6731
The reason why they are better is because at close range they do about the same damage as the Lambert or the Voss, yet at distance, they do very low damage. In BF2, there was no loss of damage at long distance, so the SMGS were bad to begin with.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6427|New York
the smg's in 2142 are great. toe to toe i rarely lose with them, and you can get two kills out each clip if you hit the enemy right. you are screwed at distance though, but that's just a matter of getting closer.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Zefar
+116|6688|Sweden
I must say SMG in BF2142 just feels better. Doesn't feel like the normal pea shooter.
Longbow
+163|6685|Odessa, Ukraine
PP-19 > all other SMG's
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6507

It's just that other weapons in BF2142 aren't as accurate so you can actually use SMGs to kill people.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6366|105 RVK
Voss lar will own it anytime.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6539|so randum
At point blank...nah
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Brasso
+1,549|6669

fatherted13 wrote:

At point blank...nah
This man speaks the truth.  SMGs own any gun except the Clark and the Pilum (trust me, I know) at close range.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6731
Another thing, the SMGs have no sway, like the ARs or Sniper Rifles.
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6720|Dayton, Ohio
the only thing I wish they would do is give the engie a pistol.  I don't know how many times I have taken on 2-3 guys and run the clip down and wished I had a side arm.  Although the Knife usually works.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6539|so randum
i too, wish the same
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Buzerk1
+44|6875

KnowMeByTrailOfDead wrote:

the only thing I wish they would do is give the engie a pistol.  I don't know how many times I have taken on 2-3 guys and run the clip down and wished I had a side arm.  Although the Knife usually works.
The SMG is your side arm for the Engi....
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6484|The Land of Scott Walker

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6720|Dayton, Ohio

Buzerk1 wrote:

KnowMeByTrailOfDead wrote:

The SMG is your side arm for the Engi....
But is was not in BF2, the AT weapon was not your "Primary" weapon.  That is all I am saying.  Too much BF2 gave me the false sense of confidence that I could "2" it over to my pistol to finish off the last guy or 2.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6539|so randum
V. good point, bf2's engi had rockets, smg and pistol, but alas, no pistol for us poor 2142'ers
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Zefar
+116|6688|Sweden

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

It's just that other weapons in BF2142 aren't as accurate so you can actually use SMGs to kill people.
Weapons in BF2142 are overall more accurate than the ones in BF2. Most other weapons have godlike accuracy compared to BF2 weapons. Krylov anyone?
Afrika_18
+26|6581
The smg's in 2142 are, imo, good guns, I've had a great deal of success with them even at long ranges firing in short bursts.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6539|so randum
Kinda agree, i can still hit targets at long range (80m >), but it can take a whole clip to kill someone, if im firing in 2-3 round bursts
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
psH
Banned
+217|6422|Sydney

Well said.

You know...its funny...i have more sucess with the Turcotte than the lambert.

Last edited by Doms (2007-02-16 23:28:20)

-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6754

All the way!

And by the way, for those of you that don't like not being able to hit long/med range targets with the SMG, that's what a guided missile is for. What? You complain about wasting rockets on infantry as opposed to tanks? That's what a suply box is for!
psH
Banned
+217|6422|Sydney

-MP-Nuke1266 wrote:

All the way!

And by the way, for those of you that don't like not being able to hit long/med range targets with the SMG, that's what a guided missile is for. What? You complain about wasting rockets on infantry as opposed to tanks? That's what a suply box is for!
Quite...i find myself using the pilum on Gibraltar ALOT more now....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard