OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6336|Newcastle UK
**************ADD THIS TO FRONT http://www.gamershell.com/download_17719.shtml **********
R@ge
+33|6364|Norway

BigBunny wrote:

I'm going to be playing it from 7-9 tonight and will be wearing the [BF2s] tag.
Hi there.. i think i played with you guys on our server yesterday...???

We had some players with that tag.... was that you???

we host two servers HeliX #1 and HeliX #2

https://www.game-monitor.com/server-stat-image/0/FFFFFF/000000/0000FF/000000/217.65.224.247:16567.png https://www.game-monitor.com/server-stat-image/0/FFFFFF/000000/0000FF/000000/84.49.16.9:16567.png

HeliX #1 is extremely powerful with two Quad Xeon CPU's @ 2.33GHz running on 64 bits Linux with an 1 GB/sec connection

We have changed a lot of the standard settings on our server which we feel give a better game play....

You are all welcome..
we may host a 64 slots some day, but we have not found any reason to do so yet...
In earlier Project Reality versions that amount of people always become chaos, but in 0.5 it’s seems better…

Last edited by R@ge (2007-02-14 09:30:21)

BigBunny
Col64
+19|6629|Edinburgh

R@ge wrote:

Hi there.. i think i played with you guys on our server yesterday...???

We had some players with that tag.... was that you???
Not me, I don't  think. I was on Operation Phoenix (?) on some French server where the respawn time was reduced (to encourage faster gameplay), and my squad leader led us up a gully into the MEC front line where everyone got repeatedly wasted.  No tactics, no flanking.  Karkand revisited. He also told me that BF2s is a 'gay' website.  Nice.  Not what I had been expecting at all from PR.

I think I'll give that server a swerve and try to hook up with yours.

ATB

Col64
zeidmaan
+234|6435|Vienna

[BF2s] tags is a good idea.

Also this map (didnt remember the name) just blew my mind:

https://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e0126764/BF/PRforrest.jpg

Tall grass, plenty of trees and very high mountains. You could easily get stepped on by an enemy and he wouldnt notice.
R@ge
+33|6364|Norway

BigBunny wrote:

No tactics, no flanking.  Karkand revisited. He also told me that BF2s is a 'gay' website.  Nice.  Not what I had been expecting at all from PR.
Just like all other games or mods.... You will find a lot of servers you don't like.
There are strange people ewerywhere in this strange world..
You just have to remember not to judge everybody because of one stupid comment or one strange server....

Our favorit servers are:

.:iGi:. PR 0.5 ABR
Battlefield.no #12 Project Reality 0.5
Battlefield.no #13 Project Reality 0.5 Large
Battlefield2.no Server #7 PR ABR Ranking
-Thors Brigade PRMM ABR SSM
and our HeliX servers off curse... ^^
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6629|Edinburgh

R@ge wrote:

You just have to remember not to judge everybody because of one stupid comment or one strange server....

Our favorit servers are:

.:iGi:. PR 0.5 ABR
Battlefield.no #12 Project Reality 0.5
Battlefield.no #13 Project Reality 0.5 Large
Battlefield2.no Server #7 PR ABR Ranking
-Thors Brigade PRMM ABR SSM
and our HeliX servers off curse... ^^
I'm certainly not judging the mod on the basis of that one experience.  I am really liking it, and have also found the forums very friendly.  Also very much appreciate your fav. list.  See you out there.

Col64
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6369|Belfast
i like the backgrounds and the login screen!
R@ge
+33|6364|Norway

zeidmaan wrote:

[BF2s] tags is a good idea.

Also this map (didnt remember the name) just blew my mind:

IMAGE FROM "MAO VALLEY"

Tall grass, plenty of trees and very high mountains. You could easily get stepped on by an enemy and he wouldnt notice.
That map is called Mao Valley, and it's very cool.....
The problem is that many people don't have the hardware to rund that map without a drastic frame drop...

I love it though.... ^^

BigBunny wrote:

I'm certainly not judging the mod on the basis of that one experience.  I am really liking it, and have also found the forums very friendly.  Also very much appreciate your fav. list.  See you out there.
nice to hear that m8
Well we tend to stick with our own server, but when it's full we have to go to another one....

The only bad thing about the battlefield.no servers is that they are not ABR ranked like ours....
Well.. i know.... but we like ranked servers in PR too ^^^

Last edited by R@ge (2007-02-14 11:02:48)

BigBunny
Col64
+19|6629|Edinburgh
@ R@ge

Thanks very much for having me along in the Clueless squad tonight - I really enjoyed it and hope I can catch up with you all again soon.  Some good players in there.

ATB

Col64
R@ge
+33|6364|Norway
Just for your information guys:

We have now changed the spawn time to 20 seconds, and also removed the penalty time for each death.
This change will give the player 20 seconds spawn time even if he has been killed 20 times.
This server setting is now hosted on HeliX #1 and Helix #2 and we will look very close how this will affect the dynamics of the battles...

If it's an success we may keep this.. and i think many players would like that very much

See ya on the battlefield

EDIT: REMEMBER!!
those settings are not original Project Reality settings and has nothing to do with Project Reality further releases or settings..
It's just something we have changed on those servers mentioned above.....

Last edited by R@ge (2007-02-16 10:20:35)

Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6653|Germany
Uhm...
I have some questions:
1. Do I never see a kill message?
2. Do I die when I get shot or wounded?
3. What use does the item has which every kit has? (Field something)
4. Is it just me or doesn't PR works with BFHQ? It doesn't show the kits correctly etc.
5. Where can I see how many bullets I have in my mag and how can I see my healthbar?
6. How can I drive tanks? Because I used Engeneer and was able to drive it?!
7. Is it right that the names of the control points are like: south_hangar_16 etc.?
Would be great if someone answers my questions.
Cubefreak666
+34|6653|Germany
except of point 4 and point 7 I have found everything on the PR site. Please help.

Last edited by Cubefreak666 (2007-02-17 01:51:27)

henno13
+230|6369|Belfast

Cubefreak666 wrote:

Uhm...
I have some questions:
1. Do I never see a kill message?
2. Do I die when I get shot or wounded?
3. What use does the item has which every kit has? (Field something)
4. Is it just me or doesn't PR works with BFHQ? It doesn't show the kits correctly etc.
5. Where can I see how many bullets I have in my mag and how can I see my healthbar?
7. Is it right that the names of the control points are like: south_hangar_16 etc.?
Would be great if someone answers my questions.
ok....
1. no hence: reality
2. yes
3. field dressing
4. no they dont
5. they are gone hence: reality
6. u need to request a crewman kit go to the player guide
7. bug
Cubefreak666
+34|6653|Germany
kthanx +1
Cubefreak666
+34|6653|Germany
Okay, I have a new problem. It seems that in singleplayer the only map which is working is Airfield. When the others are loaded I get CTD. Same with vehicle drop. I always CTD. And as said above the names of the Controlpoints are bugged. This is shitty because the game would be much better if you fix this. :-(
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6558|Internetfitlerland

Well Im offically addicted

Wont be going back to Whore/Spam central (Vanilla) any time soon thanks to you guys and this great mod.  Hopefully the player base keeps up for some time.
henno13
+230|6369|Belfast

Cubefreak666 wrote:

Okay, I have a new problem. It seems that in singleplayer the only map which is working is Airfield. When the others are loaded I get CTD. Same with vehicle drop. I always CTD. And as said above the names of the Controlpoints are bugged. This is shitty because the game would be much better if you fix this. :-(
yeah i get that too
u have 512mb RAm i guess
but u can play a MP map : Muttrah City
its 1 of the best maps!
fun as hell when the USMC get on the island
the map is all about urban infantry cambat and littlebird insertions
played it last night FUN AS HELL!

i am now NEVER going back to vbf2 when i get another 512mb RAM

Last edited by henno13 (2007-02-17 05:38:52)

scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6657|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Im obsessed with it too.

Just need get regulars playing it and it'll be even better!
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6760|Comber, Northern Ireland
going on now
R@ge
+33|6364|Norway

Cubefreak666 wrote:

We have resaved many reports of different bugs in the SP part of this release...

and none of the SP maps with US on work at the moment.....

Play online, that's what this game is all about
Cubefreak666
+34|6653|Germany

henno13 wrote:

Cubefreak666 wrote:

yeah i get that too
u have 512mb RAm i guess
but u can play a MP map : Muttrah City
its 1 of the best maps!
fun as hell when the USMC get on the island
the map is all about urban infantry cambat and littlebird insertions
played it last night FUN AS HELL!

i am now NEVER going back to vbf2 when i get another 512mb RAM
No, I have 2 gig of RAM...
But thx to R@ge
zeidmaan
+234|6435|Vienna

since everyone is so helpfull here 8including me I might add ) I have a question.
Ive heard you can zoom in and out in the tank when in 2nd seat - turret gunner. Is it true and how to do it ?

Also to add something to question 6

For everyone exept insurgents you need the "crewman" kit and all crewmans operating a tank have to be in a same squad. This is not just to make it more realistic but also to prevent random people jumping in and taking a place from your squad mates. Since its imposible to operate a tank properly without coordination the squad only limitation is necesary. But since insurgents cant request kits you dont need a crewman kit but the standard "mechanic" kit to operate armour.
Tip: you can request an crewman kit by standing next to a tank (only crewman kit).
R@ge
+33|6364|Norway

zeidmaan wrote:

Ive heard you can zoom in and out in the tank when in 2nd seat - turret gunner. Is it true and how to do it ?
the default key to Zoom in bouth tanks and APC is "X".
zeidmaan
+234|6435|Vienna

R@ge wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

the default key to Zoom in bouth tanks and APC is "X".
oh Ive been told that aswell but I redifined all my keys so its not X.
I know I can reset my keys to default to see but that would be stupid wouldnt it

So whats the... erm... name of the function the X is assigned to by default ? I mean I didnt see a "zoom with tanks" anywhere. Thanks.
You have 7 days to reply (im on hollidays)
henno13
+230|6369|Belfast
whats the wieredest thing uve seen on PR?

ive seen squad members take bullets for thier squad leaders!

NOW THATS TEAMWORK

Last edited by henno13 (2007-02-17 15:04:14)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard