PvtStash
+4|6734|Australia
Sorry to appear somewhat thick, but will this help also with non dual core cpu's as I am still having really bad problems with this connection lost thing. Just wanted to ask in case someone else more knowledgeable has tried it first. CPU is Athlon 64 3700 but not an X2. Seems to occur without fail almost every 20 minutes or so, now would this also cause me to have points scores not register? Sorry for slightly OT question but it only just occured to me as I was asking the other question. Any advice/abuse for being stupid would be greatly appreciated.
im_in_heaven
+27|6559
I have an opteron 150 single core @ 2.7 ghz. I go through phases where i wont CTD or hve a connection problem for a long time then. All of a sudden i start getting both very frequently. This is with nothign being done to my computer either. It just starts happening. I ping 4096 and i get HUGE loss at about 95% loss. with an average of 90ms. It makes no sense. I have a 3mb/s download (bell sympatico). Any other fixes?
PvtStash
+4|6734|Australia
Yup, I am in same boat. I have read everything I can find here and done all the tests stated but I still get dropped from servers regular and I think it's also now effecting the scoring. Last 3 battles have netted nothing, I have waited a week in case it was just a slow update but nothing. Bit annoying as I dont get very good scores being a fairly average to crap player ( but I have fun ) so when I finally broke 100 IAR I was stoked, but then I never got the points, oh poo Luckily I have a good supply of "relaxants" so tend not to care a lot.
EvilEyedKyo
+0|6253|UK
I generally don't get the lost connection during my playtime on BF2, but when it does happen it normally is because my recycle bin is full. This may sound a bit silly as I have no idea how they could possibly be connected, but whenever I lose my connection I empty the bin and have no more problems. It's worth a try if you've exhausted everything else.

Strange but true!
=BiG=Karkinos
+0|6253|the shadow of a cheese factory
I cannot wait to get home and try that.  I've been going friggin crazy trying to figure out what the hell is going on.  I lose connection about once an hour.  Maybe now I can stop yelling at AT&T.
=)HA(=FemaleDriver
+8|6273

velocitychaos wrote:

Ridir wrote:

if only this would work for me, I have roommates that decided that they are going to always be downloading stuff so I can never get a stable connection.  I haven't been able to play for months.
Move out......gaming is far more important than freindship.....you'll realise this as you get older
Get a separte cable connection?
Or there are times when you would like to play, they can set up their down/up loading to a lower level during those times, on their schedualer. You help pay the bill? They should accomodate you too.
sjohn58
+-1|6534
I have a single core AMD 64 4000+, I do not know if this will work for the single core's out there?
But it is worth a try!
I have a cable connection,and a great down load better than a T1. But still have problems, my setting in BF2 was on T1, I switched it back too cable, and the problem stopped. The game runs better too.

Last edited by sjohn58 (2007-02-21 11:02:48)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Is someone going to answer these questions or not?

Will this work on a single-core, Intel machine?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
mcnitchell
+6|6266
Why dont you try downloading the latest CPU drivers for the single core and try it out. It works for the dual cores.
ReverKeenan
Too much mythos
+0|6418
have any of you guys looked your modem lights when that happens i have telewell TW-EA501 v2 modem and when connection lost happens it seems to lost connection (ADSL light turns off and wont work until light is turned on again) would packet loss cause that?

or do you think that my modem is broken? some times it works days without any connection lost and some times it happens constantly

I have installed newest firmware and it works just fine with everything else like torrents and other downloads
khadafiduck
+0|6453
so i read everything and then installed the patch restarted, now my system restarts every time as soon as i log in to windows, wtf ! ??? i went into safe mode to restart from last config and everything was fine what do i do ?

will my system do the same thing everytime i try to start ? will i continue to get disconnected from servers 9most likely)

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh wtf

EA and Windows what a great team ,, lol
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6507|Las Vegas
Updated my drivers, and works smoother, even maxes out my FR now. Nice Post
mcnitchell
+6|6266
Thanks. Im glad it helped out!
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6419

WOW, I have exactly the same problem. But not with BF2, with COD2, I don't play bf2 anymore. My processor is P4 with HT. How do you think I could solve it? It's getting annoying.
citricacidx
Hooligan of War
+21|6475|Atlanta, GA
This is nice and all, but what about for those of us with an Intel Core Duo Processor, not AMD?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard