mcnitchell
+6|6306
OK, I have read a million different opinions about what you need to do to fix from losing connection to server. I have tried them all. Affinity to 0, updating PB, turning firewalls off, antivirus off, blah blah. My RAM is good, uninstalled, reinstalled BF and PB. Manually updated PB. Set connection cable (my connection is cable), etc. I still get disconnected from server.

HOWEVER...

I am only being disconnected from server in the evenings and on weekend. My ping is always low (20-50), but I still loose connection. So, I have been doing a DL speed test several times per hour for the last 24 hours. I conclude that my bandwidth is terrible at peak TV watching times. For example, I was consistently getting DL speeds of 6,000 to 6,200 Kbps until AMERICAN IDOL came on. Then BAM! I am down to 900-1,200 Kbps for the rest of the evening. In my town, there is only one cable company serving thousands of people who have all moved here in that last 2 years. My town is a new suburb of Phoenix, AZ and Im guessing that the cable company didnt plan for the massive growth my community has experienced. So, they need a bigger "pipe".

Am I full of crap or could this be a possible reason why some of us are being disconnected frequently???

Thanks a lot!
chittydog
less busy
+586|6846|Kubra, Damn it!

You probably nailed it on the head. Sometimes cable sucks.
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6433|San Antonio, TX
Switched from cable to DSL (mostly to consolidate bills) but if anything I've noticed my game start time is faster now.
-TL-
Srs lurker
+25|6504|Oklahoma City
Yeah, I agree. Cable is fast, IF your neighbors aren't hogging bandwidth.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6678

This is why I dumped my higher D/L cable for DSL...
Tripp
I wanna be on you
+116|6539|So Cal
bro... I was on my last nerve with this issue.  I had my cable company out here numerous times, but nothing was wrong.  So I did a fresh install of BF2, and it fixed my problem, sucks that it still didn't fix yours   Good luck man, I feel your frustration.

Last edited by Tripp (2007-02-01 19:23:19)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard