DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6582|Doncaster, UK

Rick_O_Shea678 wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Check the link in post #10, it tells you everything you need to know.
Unfortunately NOT true in this case?
Obviously my post was aimed at JaggedPanther's question, NOT at the announcement they are ceasing to track stats for BF2. Who could have even foreseen that one coming?

Imagine if you'd just bought BF2 yesterday, how much of a rip is this now.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6523|Melbourne

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

wheres my linky?
EMAIL there is no link
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6690
Stopping stats updates?  I don't care too much about stats, but its nice to rank up, and get medals during intense combat...

Valve still updates Steam & Source often, and I put $40 into that YEARS ago...I've pumped $100 into this game, and after 18 months, no more stats?  Is this a sick joke? 

I realize that they want to kill off BF2 to try to get us to buy shitheap 2142, but I think the people who have not done so already are probably NOT going to buy it for their own various reasons, and certainly won't want to if stats get cut off for BF2.  You aren't going to bully gamers into buying a product by screwing them on what has been tried and true to them, especially with as much cash as some people have spent on this game.

EDIT:  EA is run by a bunch of fucking marys.

Last edited by -CARNIFEX-[LOC] (2007-01-30 01:57:06)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
elz_17
+0|6333|Brisvegas
this is really sucking... this is the end of BF2 isnt it?
ColtsX
#baddie
+157|6582

R3v4n wrote:

wheres my linky?
EMAIL there is no link
Can you take an ss of the email?
R3v4n
+433|6523|Melbourne

No Wai!, you can still be best player in the round and all that jazz!

ColtsX wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

wheres my linky?
EMAIL there is no link
Can you take an ss of the email?
Sorry mate im capped, Rural vic FTL

Last edited by R3v4n (2007-01-30 01:59:37)

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6582|Doncaster, UK
But still, all the debates of "only n00bs use unlocks" aside, anybody buying the game recently is gonna get pretty bored of BF2 quickly with no incentive to remain playing. No ranks, no unlocks, no awards. I'd say yes, it's the end of BF2.

Last edited by DoctorFruitloop (2007-01-30 02:02:02)

elz_17
+0|6333|Brisvegas
my bro is logged in now and his stats are still there... we loggin into a game now to see what the dealio is... will keep you posted
ColtsX
#baddie
+157|6582
i wonder if Bennet is gonna kill himself over this?
R3v4n
+433|6523|Melbourne

Must not come into effect intill later tonight or somthing
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6786
good thing the admins know about this.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6817

yup, they just informed us admins that there will be no more stats for bf2. the reason is that although people are still playing bf2, nobody is buying it anymore which means EA is not really making money off of it.  In fact bf2 is actually bleeding EA of money because of server costs, stats craps and patches so they're naturally trying to get people to start playing other things (like 2142 or their upcoming games).  no more stats means that less and less people will play bf2 and the game will just slowly fade which is fine by them since they've already made their money.  of course the die hards can still play but there will no longer be centralized stats by EA.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6574|Internetfitlerland

Im suprised none of the others have made a thread, or even Chuy.  I hope we havent done wrong by breaking it to you guys.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6442|NSW, Australia

yeah it sucks, oh well now we can teamkill all we want!!!!
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6668|Finland

I had to check the "Furious Finns" clan email; we rent a ranked server which I'm one of the head admins in... Apparently all stats are going. The login problems are probably due to testing of the disabling of ranks. I see a patch 1.5 coming or at least a clientside tweak that bypasses the "Account server login", with the possibility to continue online gameplay, but unranked.

Last edited by DonFck (2007-01-30 02:11:27)

I need around tree fiddy.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6442|NSW, Australia

we can only pray EA will find it in their hearts to do their best to get us out stats back....

aww were screwed
R3v4n
+433|6523|Melbourne

A Sad day for Bf2....
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6582|Doncaster, UK
So am I right in saying that with the stats servers closed down, it's not just a case of not being able to rank up any higher, but in fact all stats will be erased and everyone will be a private?
R3v4n
+433|6523|Melbourne

I don't know thats all EA Emailed me with.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6730|The Ville
I saw this coming. <----crys. Sticky this thread ? i'm sure there will be 1000's of these.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6442|NSW, Australia

Obiwan wrote:

I saw this coming. <----crys. Sticky this thread ? i'm sure there will be 1000's of these.
i dun think so
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6481|Australia.
EA = Gay
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6544|Bournemouth, South England
We have had numerous threads like this before, still no removal of stats. Surely they would put something up on the EA main site, or even the annoying message screen in BFHQ.

I think you've been had, and I will believe it when I see it. Until then, I'm going clay-whoring.
R3v4n
+433|6523|Melbourne

Mabey its like a  lead up to 1.5 or something  and they were wanting to add more content to bf2, considering only Server Admins have been contacted.

Just wish they had have given me some more details...

Last edited by R3v4n (2007-01-30 02:37:32)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6603|NYC / Hamburg

Penetrator_01 wrote:

We have had numerous threads like this before, still no removal of stats. Surely they would put something up on the EA main site, or even the annoying message screen in BFHQ.

I think you've been had, and I will believe it when I see it. Until then, I'm going clay-whoring.
right now the main site is down (at least for me)

they better be joking i like my crappy stats.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard