DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6675|Finland

Actually, Norton has now protected me. Took them a day (from the alert), but it's done.

I'm good.
I need around tree fiddy.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6625|SE London

justice wrote:

To all the people who read my post and helped:

Thanks for the responses, it seemed to just disappear on its own...dno why, but YAY.

To all the people who said "omg use your brain and dont open obvious email viruses"

How about you fucking read my posts? I clearly stated I never opened anything, but still got the trojan. People like you are should (wont say cos will get banned)..../rant over.
According to all the security alerts, the virus does install itself by the user opening an exe file. If that is the virus you have, then that is (almost certainly) how you got it.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6785|OctoLand

DonFck wrote:

Actually, Norton has now protected me. Took them a day (from the alert), but it's done.

I'm good.
Same here Don, and did you open any dodgy exe. files?
I know fucking karate
02fxnmaurer
+75|6526|Birmingham UK
loads of my m8's been gettin this virus through hotmail, shame most of them have norton and cant get rid of it, im with avg and have no problems even though recieved same vid links etc
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6785|OctoLand

ghettoperson wrote:

Expecting Norton to protect you from virii is like expecting Republicans to protect you from terrorists.
Norton has protected me well for years, and stopped this too.

You failed mate.
I know fucking karate
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6785|OctoLand

Bertster7 wrote:

justice wrote:

To all the people who read my post and helped:

Thanks for the responses, it seemed to just disappear on its own...dno why, but YAY.

To all the people who said "omg use your brain and dont open obvious email viruses"

How about you fucking read my posts? I clearly stated I never opened anything, but still got the trojan. People like you are should (wont say cos will get banned)..../rant over.
According to all the security alerts, the virus does install itself by the user opening an exe file. If that is the virus you have, then that is (almost certainly) how you got it.
It never installed itsself, i was just getting a warning, but Norton owned it. Don;t you get it?? I NEVER opened any links ffs! I turned on my PC and the first thing I got was this warning. Any time to open links? No.
I know fucking karate
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6675|Finland

justice wrote:

DonFck wrote:

I'm good.
Same here Don, and did you open any dodgy exe. files?
Rule #1: Never, ever open dodgy .exe-files.

iow, no, i didn't

Wait, that .exe looks funny.. *double click*

This user is now offline
I need around tree fiddy.
sgt_mango333
+31|6696

Bertster7 wrote:

OMG! A virus! Panic! Blow up all computers and send the army on a war against hackers and malware coders!

That's how the US seems to deal with other insignificant threats.
-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Unhelpful and stupid comments with nothing to do with the thread!!!

On a more helpful note...

In addition to the tips above download some free spyware apps and scan daily for any malware that may be installed.  Two good ones are Lavasoft's Adaware and Spybot's Search and Destroy.  Obviously they won't kill the virus but may help to mitigate the aftermath.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6760

ghettoperson wrote:

Expecting Norton to protect you from virii is like expecting Republicans to protect you from terrorists.
The Republicans are...protecting us from Terrorists... thanks for your concern. And good luck in your own country... I hope nothing happens there either.
Love is the answer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard