Chammy
+1|6323
I dont know what to put into the icon to get my PR started. I tried different ways but nothing.  When I click on teh icon all it shows is the icon in Paint. The when I try to use another icon , it starts the game then crashes to desktop. It cant be setting cause I have a 2.8 processor with enough power in the graphics card.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6777|San Antonio, Texas
Wait.......What?

*Please try and make your post more clear so we can help you.*

And welcome to BF2S!

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2007-01-21 21:07:09)

Parker
isteal
+1,452|6412|The Gem Saloon

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Wait.......What?

*Please try and make your post more clear so we can help you.*
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6559|Winterpeg, Canada
By PR, are you referring to Project Reality?
Chammy
+1|6323
Yes, Project Reality, sorry.  Yes, I ran the self installation and the icon was inserted to desktop, BUT, when i click on the icon , the only thing that pops up is the paint program and the icon, not the game.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6639|Gold coast, Aus.

Chammy wrote:

Yes, Project Reality, sorry.  Yes, I ran the self installation and the icon was inserted to desktop, BUT, when i click on the icon , the only thing that pops up is the paint program and the icon, not the game.
LOLPAINT

Uhm, right click on the icon and go to properties and under teh "Shortcut" tab there should be an option "start in:"

Stick the directory of where you installed PR in that box and try it.

But man thats random, paint ftw
Chammy
+1|6323
OK, I did all of what you told me and I clicked on the fix it, cause it couldnt find the correct exe or something like that. Now it has started, BUT , when i click on the multiplayer tab, thats when it crashes back to the desktop
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6456|King Of The Islands

Copy a new shortcut from the Start Menu. (Ctrl+Drag)

Viola!
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6559|Winterpeg, Canada
reinstall it if you've still got the install.exe
VicktorVauhn
+319|6410|Southern California
If it was just opening the icon in paint it sounds like you dont have a shortcut to the exe on your desktop, it sounds like you just have the icon file...

TRy copying the shortcut you already have for BF2, then right click and choose properties and change the target to

Code:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 1
Alternatively try  running BF2 as normal, then clicking the "Community" tab, then choosing "Custom game"
Choose PR and activate it.

If this doesn't work the mod its self isn't working on your comp, you will either need to re-install, or get another re-install fire.
Ive noticed on the PRM forum that many people have had trouble with the install files not working properly, you may need to download the file from a different source...

Worst comes to worst Ver. .50 SHOULD hopefully be out soon, its supposed to be out before the end of the month....so you will be able to find a working install then.

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2007-01-21 22:16:02)

Chammy
+1|6323
THanks, well im checking now all those steps to make sure. Thanks.  will report back soon.
Chammy
+1|6323
WEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!......ok, now , I have no maps to play on. Nor can I find a server. Is there something else i'm missing here?
VicktorVauhn
so it loads but if you try to create a custom lan game there are no maps?

Sometimes not finding servers can be due to your filters...
make sure you uncheck ranked servers, take off any ping restrictions, I find it even helps to take off stuff like punk busters.
There should be at least a few on the screen, I think I normaly see around 5. Anything with low 100 pings should actualy play alright.

IF your not seeing maps ANYWHERE open up my computers, and goto
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\levels (assuming BF2 is installed in the default place)
IF this folder is empty you really do have no levels, your d/l wasn't compleate and your gonna have to re-d/l some where else...

If its full of folders with the maps names.....I have no idea what the hell your doing wrong,....
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6420|dm_maidenhead

Chammy wrote:

WEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!......ok, now , I have no maps to play on. Nor can I find a server. Is there something else i'm missing here?
This may be a stupid question, but do you actually have the original bf2 installed on your computer?
Chammy
+1|6323
   yes, I do have the original BF2 installed, PLUS , the 1.41 patch. However, I do not have any of the additional packs like BF2041 or Special Forces, which I should, I hear BF2041 is pretty fun.
Chammy
+1|6323
Yes, I have checked y levels folder in the mod and I do have levels and maps. I will try what VicktorVan said to do, thanks guys.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6758|England
just try reinstaling the mod, my icon mysteriously disapeared from my desktop and I couldnt find/make another shortcut so I just ran the installer again.
Chammy
+1|6323
Well  i checked the servers and there arent any available for PR. Maybe I'm not looking right. I will try again, maybe the single player stuff would be my ticket.
VicktorVauhn
can you verify that the game actually recognizes the levels for single player or custom lan game modes?

It sound like your just not able to find any of the servers using BF2's server browser?
Sounds strange...Try using game moniter to find a server in the same contry (if your in America just click here)
Find a server that you know exist, and try to connect manually to the IP....

That should at least be able to tell us if its a problem with filter settings/server browser rather then a bigger issue.
Chammy
+1|6323
Well im going to try and re download it, ...in the mean time, so what has been corrected to realism sorta say.? Have the RPG's and AT projectiles been fixed so they shoot at a much higher velocity cause i know they are a damn fast....in the game they travel at a snails pace. Plus, has there been any actual RPG's added to the 3rd World Country sides and not just AT4's? It'd be nice a Carl Gustav or SMAW here and there.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6656|Montreal, Qc, Canada

Chammy wrote:

yes, I do have the original BF2 installed, PLUS , the 1.41 patch. However, I do not have any of the additional packs like BF2041 or Special Forces, which I should, I hear BF2041 is pretty fun.
no one have BF2041 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Andoura (2007-01-23 23:40:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard