bucfan609
+9|6366|Queen Creek, AZ USA
Hello,

I am quite new at flying ( a little over 2 1/2 hours). When flying at a higher altitiude, sometimes my plane flies out of control. I try to orient the plane according to the attitude indicator, and the map, but sometimes it is spinning out of control. Can anyone help give me some tips about this? (Maybe some dogfiting tips also).

Thanks in advance for the help.
Point&Shoot
Tank Whore
+52|6566|Canada
Don't fly too high.
bucfan609
Don't fly too high.
Fair enough, but sometimes in a dog fight, I end up flying high and then lose control. It doesn't seem too high that I should be losing control. I use a Logitech 3d pro joystick if that helps.
Eugefunk84
+48|6553
in bf2, when you hit the altitude ceiling, you just lose control. theres no defense against it, except avoiding hitting the flight ceiling
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6712|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

bucfan609 wrote:

Don't fly too high.
Fair enough, but sometimes in a dog fight, I end up flying high and then lose control. It doesn't seem too high that I should be losing control. I use a Logitech 3d pro joystick if that helps.
For me, I watch my altitude at all times during a dog fight. If I go over 600m, then I break off since the risk isn't worth it.
Also, to gain control from going to high, cut your throttle all the way and try to get your plane to fall to ~500m without going out of bounds. After that, hit full throttle and level out.
jax
+12|6787
yes as soon as you use control use "s" to slow your plane to zero then just leave it and hope you don't go out of bounds for to long so you can fly back in.
(i also find that it is a good idea to go medic while flying as if you do go out of bounds when you fly to high you get twice the time to get back in as you heal yourself when you start to lose points)
acEofspadEs6313
Too bad DICE didn't make flying part of the game right where if pop to a 90 degree climb, you slow down and stall, not go faster and faster.
bucfan609
For me, I watch my altitude at all times during a dog fight. If I go over 600m, then I break off since the risk isn't worth it.
Also, to gain control from going to high, cut your throttle all the way and try to get your plane to fall to ~500m without going out of bounds. After that, hit full throttle and level out.
Thanks this is quite helpful.

I went to high school in San Marcos, nice to see North County representing in BF2.
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
+115|6567|inside your nose.
man you should have seen some of the dogfights me and my clan had with some fools. and these weren't pussy 3 min dogfights where a J-10 blasts away (or at least i think they still do) the USMC jet in no time. I am talking tag team shit. man what fun we had.

yea just don't go too high or you will lose control and prolly end up out of bounds. when you are too high to control the plane just cut the throttle to 0 and float on down until you reach about 500-600m then turn her on again and take off.. works as a great evasive manuvuer (is that how you spell it)
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6846|Lithuania
The only problem here is that you simply haven't spend enough time in a jet. Go create a local game (in the multiplayer menu) and practice flying by yourself. When you get the basic maneuvers down, try creating certain objectives for yourself, such as destroying an APC or a helicopter with your guns and bombs. That's what i did for 2-3 days or so (using the same exact joystick), and within a week or so, I became ace.

Remember, either make a local singleplayer game or go to an unranked server before you become comfortable with the jet and its controls. Practice is key to your success.

(BTW, if you don't want to lose control, don't fly above 800 M. If you do happen to stall, turn off your engine using your joystick throttle).

Happy whoring!

Last edited by [-DER-]Omega (2007-01-16 20:29:22)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
acEofspadEs6313

bucfan609 wrote:

I went to high school in San Marcos, nice to see North County representing in BF2.
Yup. Senior year at Rancho for me.

AirForceOne1 wrote:

man you should have seen some of the dogfights me and my clan had with some fools. and these weren't pussy 3 min dogfights where a J-10 blasts away (or at least i think they still do) the USMC jet in no time. I am talking tag team shit. man what fun we had.
Try doing that in Forgotten Hope for BF1942 with two ME-262s going against your one Spitfire XIV. Or two Spitfire I's against you and a buddy in two BF109E's. Those are some intense dog fights.

And, the J10 is still the uber pwn jet.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6658|Montreal, Qc, Canada
your sig is 2 big they will remove it !
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
lol i haven't played the game in over a year and I was kinda hoping they would fix that shit.. oh well its not that hard to kill a J-10.. just blast the fucker away with your machine guns.. easy as pie
AirForceOne1
What smells like tuna??
man alpha made this sig for me.. its a legend.. hopefully they wouldn't take that away

besides i wiped my harddrive a long time ago and lost all that good stuff.. PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT AWAY!!!
acEofspadEs6313
I think he means the OP's sig.
JaggedPanther
+61|6493
Taking you out of bounds is a tactic used by some.
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6528|Los Angeles, California
bucfan... did you play on our server? If you did... that's one of our tactics.. flying really high to break loose or to completely screw a person in a J-10. I vaguely remember one of my clanmates doing it to someone with bucfan in their name.
The_Jester
+52|6511|Italy

AirForceOne1 wrote:

then turn her on
That's weird.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6576|Brisbane, Aus

i think it's close to 1000 altitude you lose control, if you do just hold S till you start to fall and try to regain control once you're lower
JaggedPanther
+61|6493
I'm pretty sure it's 500. If I can't lose someone on my tail I try to do a loop where the ceiling is 600 so I can regain control at 500
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6668|Norway
It`s 800!
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6513|Berlin, Germany

AirForceOne1 wrote:

man alpha made this sig for me.. its a legend.. hopefully they wouldn't take that away

besides i wiped my harddrive a long time ago and lost all that good stuff.. PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT AWAY!!!
rightclick on the image and "save to"
Dsp-CS-
Claymore magnet
+98|6725|Alaska
i just slow the a/c down and just drop down and hit the afterburners
docnutz
+39|6779|B O S T ON area
watch the g-forces b/c if u lose consciousness u can become disoriented for up to 15 minutes after becoming conscious again!

Last edited by docnutz (2007-01-17 07:57:55)

Mad Ad
+178|6530|England, UK
800 for sure! And even then its *kinda* controllable in certain situations up to about 850ish

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard