CreepingDeath
+1|6775
I had made this suggestion when i was in {BK} blackknightsclan . .being kicked for calling the clan leader a tank/jet whore . . along with a few other things.

trying to get them to play more as a team and use the squad functions . . YEAH RIGHT . i had suggested that in each squad we have :

1 medic
2 anti tank
1 support = support being squad leader.
minimum

the best squad at 6 is this
2 medics
2 anti tank
1 assult.
1 support = still support being squad leader.

but does anyone ever do this ?

I find mostly lately people join my squad but always seem to be way across the map to help me out on anything. to me this ='s a BIG KICK out of it ..

If your a squad member then spawn on your squad leader ..  THATS what it is for
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6781|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL
Um...doesn't it really depend on the squad's raison d'etre? If you're trying to take the back spawn in 64 player karkhole, you'd want a different composition, especially if you were intending to blow commander resources, right?

How about the helo spawn point idea on Wake? Wouldn't you want to have your squad primarily composed of assault initially to get the spawns?

Why have the squad leader be support? Is the idea for the SL to stay back, provide cover and act as a mobile spawn (hence staying back)? In the helo idea, you'd likely not care about the SL's kit, for example...
dobbs
Pawtucket Patriot
+0|6782|Cohog, RI
I agree, anti-tank could be replaced with well trained spec ops.   and on some maps having an engineer would be nice especially if you can organize a mechinized squad.  its all about VOIP, getting them to cooperate and be a team.  its hard but when you can get them to do it becomes a lot of fun.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6806|Noizyland

The best squad I've ever been in consisted of:

1 Spec Ops. (Me, Squad Leader,)
1 Medic
2 Anti-Tank
1 Support
1 Sniper

Yes, Snipers are useful in squads. With this particular squad we were defending a point, (Wetlands.) Our Sniper was on the tower giving us a heads up and shooting infantry. Our A-Ts were marking one entrance while I had C4d the other. The Sniper had also layed his two Claymores on the infantry entrances. Support was stationed in the building near the flag. The Medic was with the A-T guys ready to run around to heal everyone. I meanwhile was pretty much the random, running everywhere.

We were assaulted by 2 Tanks, 3 APCs two light transports, (the car things,) and a shit-load of infantry. I managed to take out an APC, (1 person,) and a full transport, (3 people,) with C4. The A-T guys were great. If a veichle went through the entrance thy both fired rockets on either side. Because of that, the driver didn't know where the rockets were coming from, and so one A-T could fire the finishing shot, or the Medic or Support could shoot the guy who got out.

The Sniper was doing his job well, his two claymores were used, (one killed two infantry,) and he was making sure that the Medic, Support and I didn't have to run around too much. The Support guy had to leave his post to re-arm the AT guys who had finished off a second tank and an APC, (one had been killed but the Medic did his job well.) An APC got through, but I managed to sneak up on it and plant two C4 charges and sneak away to blow it up. Unfortunatly, the APC killed our Medic.

The next attack came from one of those dune buggies. It was let through by the A-T guys because they thought it was friendly. It lined up on me and tried to run me over. I just fired shots from my carbine at it while the support guy shot at it too. He managed to kil the top gunner while I got the driver, so the middle gunner was a sitting duck and I killed him.

That was the last assault on that particular point from the enemy. They gave up after that and attacked another point. Still, their constant barrage of me and my squad lost them a lot of tickets and a lot of time, so they only had one capturable control point while USMC had the rest.

I've always wanted to type this story about this, it's still my favourite moment in BF2. If you read all of it, congratulations.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6781
those are the best moments in the game.

i havnt had one as good as that but i do have the rare occasion when i do lead/join a squad and there are people using the VOIP to communicate and help each other.

i think it is good when someone joins you squad and asks what the squad leader would like them to spawn as next time they are killed. i only experienced this the other day when i started my own squad, even though there were 4 other squads (only because i was a sniper and would not have benefited the other squads). during the game a couple of guys joined my squad so were spawning on my location. one of the guys had the sense to spawn as a medic and the other as support, so one guy healed me everytime he spawned (cause he would leave once he spawned) and the other guy would supply me everytime he spawned (then leave with the medic).
But one of the guys kept asking me if i wanted him to spawn as anything else, so that it would benefit the squad.

now if everyone did that then each squad would be well balanced and would no doubt win the match.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6879|San Francisco

I always figured that a sniper with a good hiding spot would make for a great Squad Leader. The only problem being the potential of the other squad members giving away his position when spawning on him.

Having a support as a squad leader makes no sense if he is going to stay out of the battle. You cant resupply someone who has just spawned on you since they have yet to use up any ammo.

Lucky for me I have three other roommates who all play bf2. It is good times when we are all playing together, makes it really easy to run through a spawn even when greatly outnumbered.
FourStars
+1|6770|Australia
sniper isnt necisary
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6794

1 Whatever he wants to be

and we change according to the squad's needs.

Hey, it works, we fill the top 4-5 with our clan
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6817

I prefer:
medic
medic
medic
medic
medic
support

who says you need to die?
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6813|The Hague, Holland
Rofl, its all about
Sniper
Sniper
Sniper
Sniper
Sniper
Medic.

Thats a whole lotta claymores.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6872|Cologne, Germany

Tyferra wrote:

The best squad I've ever been in consisted of:

1 Spec Ops. (Me, Squad Leader,)
1 Medic
2 Anti-Tank
1 Support
1 Sniper

Yes, Snipers are useful in squads. With this particular squad we were defending a point, (Wetlands.) Our Sniper was on the tower giving us a heads up and shooting infantry. Our A-Ts were marking one entrance while I had C4d the other. The Sniper had also layed his two Claymores on the infantry entrances. Support was stationed in the building near the flag. The Medic was with the A-T guys ready to run around to heal everyone. I meanwhile was pretty much the random, running everywhere.

We were assaulted by 2 Tanks, 3 APCs two light transports, (the car things,) and a shit-load of infantry. I managed to take out an APC, (1 person,) and a full transport, (3 people,) with C4. The A-T guys were great. If a veichle went through the entrance thy both fired rockets on either side. Because of that, the driver didn't know where the rockets were coming from, and so one A-T could fire the finishing shot, or the Medic or Support could shoot the guy who got out.

The Sniper was doing his job well, his two claymores were used, (one killed two infantry,) and he was making sure that the Medic, Support and I didn't have to run around too much. The Support guy had to leave his post to re-arm the AT guys who had finished off a second tank and an APC, (one had been killed but the Medic did his job well.) An APC got through, but I managed to sneak up on it and plant two C4 charges and sneak away to blow it up. Unfortunatly, the APC killed our Medic.

The next attack came from one of those dune buggies. It was let through by the A-T guys because they thought it was friendly. It lined up on me and tried to run me over. I just fired shots from my carbine at it while the support guy shot at it too. He managed to kil the top gunner while I got the driver, so the middle gunner was a sitting duck and I killed him.

That was the last assault on that particular point from the enemy. They gave up after that and attacked another point. Still, their constant barrage of me and my squad lost them a lot of tickets and a lot of time, so they only had one capturable control point while USMC had the rest.

I've always wanted to type this story about this, it's still my favourite moment in BF2. If you read all of it, congratulations.
good story. I just wished every BF2 match was like that.

I imagine this game to be even better as soon as we get rid of the lone wolfes ( except for the occasional sniper or Sepc Ops ).

Once I played with a commander who actually communicated with me ( I being SL ) through VoIP, giving specific instructions what he wanted my squad to do. Also, he spotted enemy units for my squad on the inch, up to a point where I was able to blindly lob a gren over a fence to kill an enemy hiding behind it. You never had to worry about enemy vehicles approaching unnoticed, too. He would tell me soon enough, so I was able to prepare my squad for it ( tell 2 of them to spawn as AT or set up a C4 trap ).
Moreover, this guy actually had a valuable tactic for that map worked out, so he'd order the other squads to perform different duties. At that point, the match really was just about map control than anything else.

You never forget these matches. It was one of the rare moments when the game was actually played nearly to its full tactical extent, rather than being just a standard FPs with tanks and helis in it.

Boy, I hope I'll play in a match like that again...
Hr_Amdi
+0|6792|Denmark
Its always a good idea spawning on the sq. leader - but I often find the sq. leader flying around in his privat jet ore helo unable to spawn on him
CreepingDeath
+1|6775

Hr_Amdi wrote:

Its always a good idea spawning on the sq. leader - but I often find the sq. leader flying around in his privat jet ore helo unable to spawn on him
Yeah WE all knwo the feeling on this one.
Ive done it but was basically being a squad leader for the pilot if he got shot out . .
SargeX_au
+29|6784
Medic
Medic
Medic
Medic
Medic
Spec ops

If you run out of ammo, pick up an enemies kit. A good squad of medics can dominate karkand. The spec ops can sneak around and take out a tank.

Last edited by SargeX_au (2005-11-30 06:21:33)

beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6817

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

Rofl, its all about
Sniper
Sniper
Sniper
Sniper
Sniper
Medic.

Thats a whole lotta claymores.
and TKs
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6777|Somewhere in NYC
what happens if you spawn on a SL that is in parachute mode? Would you spawn with no chute on and fall like Wile E Coyote?
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6783
My model is:

1. SpecOps (squad leader)
2. SpecOps
3. Medic
4. Support
5. AT
6. ...
(last slot should always be in rotation like when its tank - AT, infantry - support, etc. But basically I think there should be primary a medic)

GL HF
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6783

beeng wrote:

I prefer:
medic
medic
medic
medic
medic
support

who says you need to die?
How about

support
support
support
support
support
medic

Do you like grenades?
[C4]LostMonkey
+0|6784|Norway

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

Do you like grenades?
NO!!!
RasorX
+17|6774|Indianapolis

s4vior6 wrote:

what happens if you spawn on a SL that is in parachute mode? Would you spawn with no chute on and fall like Wile E Coyote?
You Probably can't spawn on him, like if he was in a full vehicle.

And on the subject of the original post: Yeah sometimes and most of the time i really really enjoy playing in a squad, sometimes i just like to go off on my own and do whatever. Sometimes it helps the team sometimes it doesn't.  You shouldn't be too critical of people who refuse to join a squad and do the teamwork thing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard