+25|6548
There are a ton of screens posted here
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6783|PNW

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/puddingfluff.jpg
Oil stains and dirt scabs...
JaggedPanther
+61|6485
I'll probably get it too. I like Sup Com as well but if I have a day off or something cos it takes a long time.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6777|UK

Timelord_ wrote:

There are a ton of screens posted here
cheers ill post that on the front page.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6641|Washington, DC

C&C Generals kicks ass, I've been playing it a lot since BF2 and 2142 are too laggy with Vista right now =/ gonna try C&C3 some time.
Timelord_
+25|6548
To go with the screenies, I have posted 14 videos.  All new to me..

Check them out here
BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6306|Malaysia
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/puddingfluff.jpg

Infantry rush FTW ? XD
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6783|PNW

I've gotta say that the NOD end FMV cinematic was fairly unspectacular. About 20 seconds of video. When you compare that to what the GDI's was...disappointing. Kane tells you you're in his inner circle and you follow him around the corner into the light. Whooptee-doo, any one of the Supreme Commander endings was better, and that's fairly sad.

I mean, even Warcraft 2 had a castle siege for the orc victory.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6522|Gold Coast
Damn Im getting this game.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I've gotta say that the NOD end FMV cinematic was fairly unspectacular. About 20 seconds of video. When you compare that to what the GDI's was...disappointing. Kane tells you you're in his inner circle and you follow him around the corner into the light. Whooptee-doo, any one of the Supreme Commander endings was better, and that's fairly sad.

Clearly an expansion is needed, or planned.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6783|PNW

Spark wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Clearly an expansion is needed, or planned.
Looking over a guide to see how differently their methods were from mine, I found this juicy little tidbit:

Now you get to think about an inconclusive storyline that will only see a modicum of resolution in the expansion pack, which will no doubt be coming this fall.
C&C3's style is awesome. It is delivered well...until the end, when it betrays itself as an EA product by abruptly and lamely cutting you off with absolutely no real tantalizing tidbits to tempt you into an expansion...under the assumption that you'll buy the expansion anyway. Forty hours into this game, I see much opportunity for modification, but with the campaign completed, Supreme Commander's back at the top on my playlist.

But I mean...come on! Even Harry Potter movies have closure, despite the promise of sequels.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-04-14 05:35:50)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6777|UK
Im still downloading it. If it turns out to be good ill buy it, but if the video is as Unnamed says thats appalling SupCom endings were rubbish, they just slightly hint towards a expansion with a new alien race. But still lame, didnt realy bring any closure to the issues in the current game.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6606|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
omfg, is it just me or does the Scrin stuff kick major ass. The rift generator is fucking awesome, and the mothership is the perfect compliment to any major force.
Spark
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS

seymorebutts443 wrote:

omfg, is it just me or does the Scrin stuff kick major ass. The rift generator is fucking awesome, and the mothership is the perfect compliment to any major force.
Not really. I found the rift generator to be the weakest superweapon, and the mothership is easily taken down by fireharks, pitbulls and stealth tanks.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
sneeky_fluff
+1|6509
Scrin planetary assault carriers are damn nasty, especially considering they get healed in the ion storms they can create. Granted though, in multiplayer (if it ever bloody works like it should ......) if you let your opponent tech up far enough to get them your doing something wrong.

Does anyone know if attaching buzzers actually makes a difference, I thought they were supposed to help kill off assaulting infantry but I'm not sure they actually work.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6783|PNW

Vilham wrote:

Im still downloading it. If it turns out to be good ill buy it, but if the video is as Unnamed says thats appalling SupCom endings were rubbish, they just slightly hint towards a expansion with a new alien race. But still lame, didnt realy bring any closure to the issues in the current game.
GDI ending: You get to see alien forces collapsing, followed by congratulatory videos (depending on who you sided with). It is easily the best ending, but the best like the UEF Supreme Commander one was, which isn't saying too much.

NOD ending: Kane heaps congratulatory phrases on you for about fifteen seconds then leads you around the corner to meet the inner circle, but the viewer only gets a flash of light.

Scrin ending: Ship's AI evacs all Scrin forces from Earth (you don't see it, you just get to look at the planet). You get to see a couple planets, then a CGI brain-scan looking alien head talks about a follow-through invasion. Sure, it sounds cool, but it was all shorter than a movie trailer.

There's at least over an hour of FMV sequences all throughout the game, as single player was obviously an object of focus during development. My primary complaint was that many of the semi-action sequences were cut, so you mostly get to look at talking heads. It's nice, but still not on the level of Red Alert and other earlier C&C titles. You also would've figured they'd have been able to splurge on the endings somewhat, so we'd at least care what's going to happen next. They might as well have cut each ending entirely out and put up in big green letters: 'COMING SOON' for all the effect it had on me. Kudos to the game, but don't expect any kind of climax.

sneeky_fluff wrote:

a) Scrin planetary assault carriers are damn nasty, especially considering they get healed in the ion storms they can create. Granted though, in multiplayer (if it ever bloody works like it should ......) if you let your opponent tech up far enough to get them your doing something wrong.

b) Does anyone know if attaching buzzers actually makes a difference, I thought they were supposed to help kill off assaulting infantry but I'm not sure they actually work.
a) You can also attack your assault carriers with storm towers and that will also heal them.
b) Makes your vehicles act sort of like a buzzer hive.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-04-15 06:36:30)

bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6700|London, UK
I didn't use the tiberium bomb and I still got court martialled
JaggedPanther
+61|6485
It rocks on multi player. However I won't be playing again until the world builder comes out since I am bored to death with the current maps already.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6777|UK
Can someone explain why i got the good ending when i used the tiberian bomb? I destroyed the Nod base and took down all the scrin so they just had the last area, saved so i could get both endings and then used the bomb... i got the none bomb ending. WTF!
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6450|Brisbane, Australia

Vilham wrote:

Can someone explain why i got the good ending when i used the tiberian bomb? I destroyed the Nod base and took down all the scrin so they just had the last area, saved so i could get both endings and then used the bomb... i got the none bomb ending. WTF!

bullit wrote:

I didn't use the tiberium bomb and I still got court martialled
lol, ea at its best!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6405|The Gem Saloon
anyone play this online?

if so add me to xfire-parker082
Spark
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS

Parker wrote:

anyone play this online?

if so add me to xfire-parker082
I would... if I could get online working.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard