sometimes10%10% - 17
no0%0% - 1
wtf a plane has guns?2%2% - 4
this thread is gay22%22% - 36
Total: 159
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6480|behind my rifle
im wondering how many people actually use the guns in aricraft. on wake ive seen j-10's have perfect shots with the mg and they never use it. i use it to shoot aircraft down, and to mow down a enemy flag
FALLOUTBOMB
+6|6548|northern virginia, US
i have to go with the last one cause im a party pooper
The_Jester
+52|6512|Italy
Yes, but I suck with jets anyway.
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6390|Netherlands

You only have 6 missles, 2 bombs but over 500 shots of gunfire. Ofcourse I use it. When I'm trough the first two I can usually take down two choppers and some infantry before going to rearm .

Tiger
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6612|Your attic
I'm trying to use the MG's more and more nowadays, obviously they're the best way to take down choppers (bomb mode and MG strafing) but more often I find myself using them for taking down jets.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6616|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
MGs are essential, great for taking down choppers, light vehicles, AA positions, other aircraft, and strafing a flag that just went to the enemy.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6699|Middle of nowhere
sometimes, i'm just not in the habit of using them, which i should be

but it'll be easier now that i have a joystick
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6741|California

Depends on the jet.

F-35 is almost exclusively guns/bombs, unless i get close enough to a J10 to sneakmissile it
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6770|Mark it zero.
I use guns for all light vehicles, including APCs and AA vehicles. I use it on AA sites, and ground defense. infantry. enemy choppers and jets. i never use missiles against choppers. bombs are saved for big groups of infantry and tanks, and sometimes APCs.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6349

^Ha, this coming from a guy named Kamikaze^ (Good advice though)

Seems like when I use the guns I get to excited and just keep shooting at tanks and infantry. Then I realize its to late to pull up and go crashing in to flames (Kamikaze style) If this is gonna happen to me then damnit I'm thinking about just ramming into the tanks.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6727
Any good jet pilot(Im not one of these, so this is just an educated guess)  knows that it is the easiest way to take out AA without risk is to destroy it from a distance with the jet mg.  Just switch to bombing mode and shoot at the green box closest to the AA site.  You will destroy them before you are even close enough for them to lock on.
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6742
The number one reason to use guns on aircraft is because of the vast number of pilots who don't fly evasively unless they hear a lock on noise. Change to bomb mode, get on their tail, follow them around killing them, and they still fly like it's a sunday drive with grandma. GUESS WHAT GRANDMA. WRONG TIME WRONG PLACE.

It's also the best way to take out light vehicles (you can tell by the speed the bombing target indicator is moving), it isn't worth using bombs on a target that can be taken out by guns. And of course boats. I admit, the main reason I use it on boats is because I loved shooting up landing craft in 1942, it's so much more fun than bombing them. Especially on Iwo, you'd often get extremely full landing craft, it was bliss.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6712|Devon, England
It's like the only think to use in 1.12 dogfights and for taking choppers out.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6567
Once you get used to leading moving ground vehicles and choppers you don't even need the bombs or missiles. I only use bombs for tanks or if I know there is a huge cluster of infantry, and missiles are for dogfighting people who can actually fly.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6580|Hungary
A-10 Warhog's GAU ftw !
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6641
You need the gun for taking down choppers, chopper flares reload so fast.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6541|Adelaide, South Australia

I never use missiles. or bombs. or planes for that matter....
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6567|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
Of course, they are great for infantry, and also very good at destroying APC's, which no-one seems to realise.

And also very good for taking down jet's while on bomb mode they get no missile lock, and quite often don't realise they are being shot down
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6817|Barrington, RI
always, they come in ahndy when trying to shoot down J-10's and especially Euro Fighters, and are also good for taking out AA emplacements and shooting choppers
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6587|England

All the time. Ground defense and cars are so weak that they are just a waste of bombs.
Jets, choppers, armour, AA...

Basically, against everything. They can often do that extra bit of damage to get you a kill.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6831|Marathon, Florida Keys
i only use my guns. And bombs on tanks. Everything else (including APC's) i use my gun on.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6501|Sheffield-England

The_Jester wrote:

Yes, but I suck with jets anyway.
SteikeTa
+153|6769|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
Of course I use them.....
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6603|SE London

Yes. Especially against boats, AA guns and choppers.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6571|EUtopia | Austria
Boats and AA guns here for me.

I don't seem to hit choppers with them, most probably, because I really really suck at moving my mouse sidewards (also affects my infy success and destroys my tv missile handling...).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard