Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6678
I got both games about a month ago and I've found them to be quite fun, especially with friends. I don't play a real guitar so I had to get use to the whole function of struming but I've been able to beat most songs on expert of both games. Theres just a few that still give me trouble like Six and Jordan. Well Jordan gives the best in the world trouble.

Last edited by Ajax_the_Great1 (2007-01-06 05:09:42)

Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6480|Newcastle NSW Australia
For the amount you paid for them you could have got a real guitar. I played it once and kinda liked it, werent many songs i liked on it.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6724
such an awsome game.
unholypoo
unholy what?
+10|6413
My Playstation broke right before it came out and I cried emo tears.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6678

Invaderzim wrote:

For the amount you paid for them you could have got a real guitar. I played it once and kinda liked it, werent many songs i liked on it.
Real guitars aren't as fun. After all, it is a game designed at being fun. Real guitars take hard work and years of practice to get good at. Plus I already play the alto sax. One $1000 instrument is enough for me.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6879|San Francisco

Both games are very awesome, though 2 seems much smoother overall.

I've beaten every regular song on expert in both games, and am just working on getting 5 stars on them all.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6662|New Hampshire, USA
If you can beat the game on expert... you are some sort of god
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6879|San Francisco

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

It isn't terribly difficult to 'beat' the game on expert, all it takes is skillful use of star power and a little bit of luck, the real challenge is getting good scores.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6678

tF-voodoochild wrote:

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

It isn't terribly difficult to 'beat' the game on expert, all it takes is skillful use of star power and a little bit of luck, the real challenge is getting good scores.
Yeah, I've beaten the first one on expert. I have Hangar 18, Misirlou(sp) and Free Bird left on the second. I can assure you I'm no god. If you want to see godly just youtube any song you want to see 5 stared on expert.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6376|Twyford, UK
Played it, like it, not very good at it, though. Need practice, don't own a PS2.

However, my friend's hot sister plays it obsessively, and so it is a good excuse to hit on her. It is win.
stratozyck
+35|6663
I am totally biased, as someone who spent years and lots of money on equipment, but I hate that game.  Never played it, but I hate it.  Again, I am biased.  Read above, I spent money and time actually learning some of those songs...  But I tell ya, it is FAR more rewarding to learn to play. 

Its HILARIOUS really when you think about it; when guitars first started getting popular (100s of years ago) they were lambasted as being too easy to learn.  Professional muscians made fun of guitars because they said anyone can sound good on them with a little practice.  Indeed, the whole layout of a guitar is designed for that, it is one of the easiest instruments to learn while at the same time being impossible to master.  I am paraphrasing Eric Clapton on that one. 

So now what do we do?  Make the easiest instrument even easier.  Sure, I guess guitar hero couldn't be counted on as an instrument... but still.

But yeah, I am biased...
CommieChipmunk
+488|6601|Portland, OR, USA
Frets on Fire is the same thing but for your computer.
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6799|Tenn
i played it. sucked at it. quit playing and got high
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6444|Michigan, USA

Over this recent Christmas break I got to meet up with my younger cousin and for Christmas she got Guitar Hero 2 for her PS2 (came with a red "devil" guitar) and also got a wireless white "flying V" guitar so she could do multiplayer.  Unfortunately, you can only do songs in multiplayer that you've unlocked in the "career" single-player mode, so I played it for a little while and unlocked 12 songs for her.  I'd have to say it's a fun game overall, though I haven't heard of some of the songs it wasn't too hard to do (though I was in band and chorus in high school a lot, so I guess I am good with rhythms), though it is easier when you do know the song.  I would recommend buying it!  You won't be disappointed!
JDizzleNO1
+1|6430
its the best time ive had sucking at a game since i first started playing bf2
stratozyck
+35|6663
Ok, I tried guitar hero at my local best buy. 

First song I tried: War Pigs.  Ok, I thought, this was one of the first Sabbath songs I learned how to play on my electric.  On easy it was... easy... on hard it was... well I could tell I would need some practice. 

I do think if you can beat that on difficult it would better prepare you to learn how to play a real guitar.  What it lacks is that so much of a guitar's sound is how you touch it, not when you touch it.  For instance, in War Pigs there are a lot of palm mutes (when you let your hand rest on the strings as you pluck them, vital for heavy metal).  In Guitar Hero, it doesn't have this.

Still.. It was still entertaining.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6689|California
Ive played guitar since I was 15...

Im 40 now....

Im trying to beat expert....

Im stuck on Carry me Home (expert).....

Best Game Ever....

After a long day, there's nothing like jammin out on Hanger 18 or ZiggyStardust....

"This one goes to 11"
Volatile
+252|6736|Sextupling in Empire

I really don't understand the popularity of these games. I'd rather go pick up my actual guitar and learn the songs, not sit there hitting buttons and pretend that i'm playing the song.

Meh, I guess it's just like any other game.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6730|U.S
Just go the 360 version. I have only got to play the first to sets of songs and now im off to bed but first the new songs ive played are alot more difficult than the oringinals so far they use alot more difficult alternating patterns so I think hard is going to be very tough.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6686|Teesside, UK

Invaderzim wrote:

I've goth both guitar hero games and a real guitar which I've had for about 10 years.  I can play guitar hero's and have lots of fun doing so but the real guitar gathers dust in the corner cause i don't have the time or patience to learn it
CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6650|Medford, WI

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

What does 5 starring all songs on expert make me?
Someone025
Cooler Member
+31|6544
i can play Dragonforce - Through The Fire and Flames, NOT
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6569|Long Island, New York
I only played the first one once. I want Guitar Hero 3 when it comes out though.
bobby177
+129|6505|Texas.. getting out asap
I tried it, didn't like it.  Too many shitty songs.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard