Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

Release date(s)     Summer 2007

HD Trailer here

https://i3.tinypic.com/4c2qzjb.jpg

http://www.hellgatelondon.com/
Hellgate: London combines the depth of role-playing games with the action of first-person titles, while attempting to offer high replayability and an individualized gaming experience through dynamically created levels, monsters, items, and events. Players create a hero and then battle, with or without other players, through innumerable hordes of demons while completing quests and advancing through experience levels and branching skill paths. The developers have revealed the game will employ an advanced skill and spell system. It will also be highly item based, with customizable and randomly generated items for replayability and unique characters. Multiplayer will concentrate mostly on cooperative play.

The game will play in a single unified world, where players can meet and organize for team play and quests in safe zones. The world will not be split in "shards" or servers, but rather play like a MMOG with heavy instancing, such as Guild Wars. The game doesn't exclude solo gaming, and this will be possible as well if the player choose so. Difficulty will be balanced much like it is in Diablo II, where the opposition grows stronger as more players play in the instanced areas.

While it has been stated on the PC Gamer magazine that Hellgate: London will support Windows Vista and DirectX 10, Flagship Studios has made repeated statements that the game will run perfectly well on Windows XP and DirectX 9 based systems. The game is said to be capable of running just as easily on computers as old as 5 or 6 years with some of the settings turned down.

https://i12.tinypic.com/2h71iz4.jpg                            https://i11.tinypic.com/2r6o1zd.jpg 
There are three factions, or archetypes that have been defined so far. The first is a melee-combat oriented faction referred to as the "Templar". Characters belonging to this faction are a combination of both the "Paladin" and "Barbarian" character types in Diablo 2. The second is the "Cabalist", similar to the "Necromancer" and, to a lesser extent, the "Druid" character types in Diablo 2. The third is the "Hunter", similar to the "Amazon" character in Diablo 2, which is played similarly to an FPS game, without auto aiming and with powerful ranged weaponry.

Each faction includes distinct character classes. Both the faction and class are selected when a character is created. The Templar faction includes two classes, the Blademaster, a offensive based class, and the Guardian, a defensive class. Although the classes associated with the other factions have not yet been announced, it seems likely that each faction will include two classes, for a total of six character classes in the release version of Hellgate:London

https://i16.tinypic.com/4dhfv9y.jpg  The game will play in a single unified world, where players can meet and organize for team play and quests in safe zones. The world will not be split in "shards" or servers, but rather play like a MMOG with heavy instancing, such as Guild Wars. The game doesn't exclude solo gaming, and this will be possible as well if the player choose so. Difficulty will be balanced much like it is in Diablo II, where the opposition grows stronger as more players play in the instanced areas.

While it has been stated on the PC Gamer magazine that Hellgate: London will support Windows Vista and DirectX 10, Flagship Studios has made repeated statements that the game will run perfectly well on Windows XP and DirectX 9 based systems. The game is said to be capable of running just as easily on computers as old as 5 or 6 years with some of the settings turned down.aggressive and defensive "aura" skills, which should clearly remind Diablo II veterans of the Paladin class.

https://i3.tinypic.com/4hbigib.jpg
As a defender, you move from one safe zone to the next. The journey between zones will be randomly generated, as in Diablo, but unlike Diablo the levels will be fully 3D. Randomly generating convincing 3D levels is technically fairly difficult; it was attempted in Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix to mixed critical response.

The game is believed to feature London areas and buildings of interest, and indeed St Paul's Cathedral was featured in an early concept art drawing, hinting further at this. Another building that has been brought up in an interview is Big Ben. However, the developers are still keeping these details, and which role such buildings may play in the game, mostly for themselves and a surprise for the gamers.

The game has been revealed to consist of five acts to unify the areas a player travel through on a greater scale. This act system is also used in other games of the action-RPG genre, not to mention the five acts of Diablo II.

The safe zones scattered across the world will act like safe havens to purchase and upgrade items at NPC merchants, interact with other people in the game world, and gather and complete quests.

Weapons
The weapons will base their power on character stats more than a player's aiming skills, being more of an RPG than an FPS in this regard. For example, a player can place points in an Accuracy statistic that determines the randomness of the rounds they fire. Therefore, the weapons will function more like spell delivery devices than common weapons, and they will be designed to usually deliver splash damage, use homing projectiles, or be auto-targeting within reasonable limits.

Besides the behavior, the weapons, close and ranged combat alike, can do several different kinds of damage

• Physical - Can cause enemies to get knocked down.   
  • Fire - Can set targets on fire.   
  • Spectral - Pierces armor.   
  • Toxic - Poisons the targets, making them suffer negative effects over time.   
  • Electrical - Can stun a target.
ModsThe items may have slots that a player can insert "mods" in to enhance their power. Mods can be technology that improves items, but also demonic artifacts and holy items, currently known as relics. Technology mods are more aimed at specific weaponry or armor upgrades, whilst relics are more general in what bonuses they give, such as giving fire damage enhancements regardless of the wielded weapon. It is also believed that game characters may have their own physical slots for similar purposes, and that mods will be removable, unlike in Diablo. Some types are listed below:
  • Ammo Clips - Modify the amount, type, range, or accuracy of weapons. Clips can be magical or technological in nature.   
  • Battery Packs - Battery packs charge weapons with different types of damage, such as ice, fire, or physical.   
  • Fuel Tanks - Convey different damage types onto weapons.   
  • Relics - Often considered holy, relics may be part of a greater item or an item previously owned by someone of great ability.   
  • Rockets - Like ammo clips rockets change the type of ammo a weapon uses while adding an explosive element.

Skills

Little is known about the skill system, but it has been revealed that it will be possible to find character skills much like regular items, and like the items in Hellgate: London, they will have various levels of rarity as well, with some skills harder to acquire than others. There are also attempts at making skills random to achieve increased replayability and character build variety, causing a character's abilities be more individual and not simply one of a limited range of common archetypes. The skills will be designed so that the skills one gains early on are not necessarily worse than skills one may find later in the game, as long as the player focuses in the skill by putting points in its related attributes.

A few examples of revealed Templar skills are: Grudge, Focused Rage, Grand Aura, Aura of Renewal, Physical/Fire/Electric/Toxic Aura, and Armor Boost. These skills involve both aggressive and defensive "aura" skills, which should clearly remind Diablo II veterans of the Paladin class.

A good portion of this has been provided by Wikipedia

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-04-13 09:02:49)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6418

Is 8800 the only one that supports dx10?
Brasso
+1,549|6600

I saw an article featuring Hellgate:London ages ago in PC Gamer.  I never realized it didn't come out yet.  I'm not much for doom/apocalypse type games.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2007-01-05 11:58:50)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Archer
rapes face
+161|6393|Canuckistan

haffeysucks wrote:

I saw an article featuring Hellgate:London ages ago in PC Gamer.  I never realized it didn't come out yet.  I'm not much for doom/apocalypse type games.
^

Doom 3 and others pretty much died that taste for me in gaming.
motherdear
+25|6621|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
it's developed by the diablo 1-2 team, Blizzard didn't want them anymore so they began on this under another firm.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

rabee2789b wrote:

Until the http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=r … u7rciFTFvw

Archer wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

^

Doom 3 and others pretty much died that taste for me in gaming.
I'm down for all FPS's .

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-01-05 12:20:37)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6589|Mhz

Saw in game footage for this ages ago, never made any mention of it being for DX10. Game looks amazing though, been lookin forward to it for ages.
commissargizz
+123|6433| Heaven
wow looks pretty good
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6496|Singapore
i wonder what kind of killer rig is required to run the game in the future...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

jkohlc wrote:

i wonder what kind of killer rig is required to run the game in the future...
I don't think the requirement have been released yet for that game
Xbone Stormsurgezz
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Hellgate ftw. My Diablo 2 accounts will be in danger of expiring when that comes out.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6521|Scotland
Looks loveley
frankyman_88
I <3 J.C.
+29|6525|QLD, australia
at this point in time DX10 requires both a compatible video card(R600 or 8800) and Windows Vista, which is released on the 30th of January. This, Crysis & UT2007 in my opinion look to be the best of the first DX10 releases
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

frankyman_88 wrote:

at this point in time DX10 requires both a compatible video card(R600 or 8800) and Windows Vista, which is released on the 30th of January. This, Crysis & UT2007 in my opinion look to be the best of the first DX10 releases
True but most are not aware of the other titles coming out. Everyone knows about those 2 and we have plenty of info. I'm just bringing a couple others to the table as well.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
frankyman_88
I <3 J.C.
+29|6525|QLD, australia
yes, and i must acknowledge your efforts lol. The (spiritual) successor to diablo 2 looks very nice indeed:p
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

frankyman_88 wrote:

yes, and i must acknowledge your efforts lol. The (spiritual) successor to diablo 2 looks very nice indeed:p
Surely you mean Diablo on steroids..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6797|Australia
http://games.internode.on.net/filelist. … tails=4556 for the trailer. It made me make a big mess.....
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Kmarion wrote:

frankyman_88 wrote:

Surely you mean Diablo on steroids..lol
Still a pity about Diablo III...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

kontrolcrimson wrote:

http://games.internode.on.net/filelist.php?filedetails=4556 for the trailer. It made me make a big mess.....
Damn, good link, nice quality.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
[AZEG]PhxBravo
Moved to "Phxbravo" account
+10|6420|phoenix, az
Its Going To Be Sooo Sick!!!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

rabee2789b wrote:

When the majority of the DX10 games come out the 8800 will be a mid level card.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6602|USA

rabee2789b wrote:

Yes. But ATI has plans for their own card.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

There's been two new videos this month, and one last month:

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/737/737992/vids_1.html

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-08-05 12:02:30)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6708|Toronto | Canada

A new movie (split into 4 parts) with tons of gameplay!

Dragonclaw
+186|6275|Florida
LOL game crashed like 3 times in that 3rd video.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard