Poll

Has the 2142 'Christmas Generation' ruined your 2142 experience?

Yes, I seem to be a victim to their lack of skill.13%13% - 12
Yes, Teamdamage is my #1 point deductor.7%7% - 7
Yes, I have more TK punishes against me then kills.6%6% - 6
Perhaps, I stay away from public servers2%2% - 2
No, killing was never so easy!44%44% - 40
No, I finnaly got more Problem Solver Pins.3%3% - 3
What is a 'Christmas Generation'.21%21% - 19
Total: 89
Bernadictus
+1,055|6776

We all seen them, the skill less new generation of 2142 players. They are everywhere, in an average public server I have more career points than both teams combined.

Have they ruined your experience with their stupidity, or has your K/D ratio suddenly jumped by 2.0+.

Discuss.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6672|Sin City

I seem to be getting TK'd more than usual, but I could just be pessimistic cause my dog keeps pissing all over my house.......
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6476|Brisbane, Australia
i got back from holidays yesterday, im yet to find out when i play tmrw....My K/D is 2.15 and that was before christmas...  ))))))))))))))))))))))))
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6444|NSW, Australia

they dont seem to be on the same servers as me...maybe they are afraid of titan mode
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6831
huh?  I hadn't noticed a difference.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6849|Nårvei

As selfproclaimed leader of the xmas generation i fart in your general direction Bernie and wonder just why do you think that since you are in the "i freakin bought the game when it came out" group that it makes you a better player ?

And as often as i get a chance
https://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1198/screen000dx3.jpg

And the xmas generation just loves Titan Mode to the nOOb further up !
https://img245.imageshack.us/img245/3589/screen046lo0.jpg

Call me when you have this one !!
https://img66.imageshack.us/img66/2238/screen043yo2.jpg

Last edited by Varegg (2007-01-05 04:35:05)

Wait behind the line ..............................................................
psH
Banned
+217|6422|Sydney
Why do these people always have to be on MY team? im sick of them punishing for the most stupidest things.

Im actually going to back to basics now, ive given up on 2142 so im going back to BF2.
Zukabazuka
+23|6724
They puninshed me every friking time in BF2, even if it where their fault so its worse in BF2 because they care about their stats. I Don't even have the chance of saying sorry.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6565|Singapore
whats christmas generation? kids/noobs who get BF2142 on christmas as presents?
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6596|Brisbane, Aus

tripple post? lol

i got more teamkills than kills waaay before Xmas. still a thick line of my team between me and my target :S
Afrika_18
+26|6581
I'm an average player at best, but I can tell you that I am enjoying myself more than ever right now.  I feel 1337!.  I've lost count of the players I've taken down who were wandering aimlessly, or sitting there shooting at walls and stationary FAVS to try out the weapons.  Thanks Santa!
Bernadictus
+1,055|6776

Varegg wrote:

As selfproclaimed leader of the xmas generation i fart in your general direction Bernie and wonder just why do you think that since you are in the "i freakin bought the game when it came out" group that it makes you a better player ?
You might want to buy glasses and read my post. Im talking about the Christmas Generaton. 14 Year olds that get this game, and ruin the experience for the more experienced people.

For example today I had a noobster as an APC driver. He needed 4 deaths to figure out that the APC doesn't float in 2142.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6614
Ive not played in a while, 2142 dosnt have me quite as adicted as bf2 did? A shame really!
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6595|Kent, UK
yeah, i got banned from my clanserver the other day cuz noobs kept tk'ing themselves on my nades/rdx in the titan. Still a quick trip to BF2CC got me unbanned and the punishing noobs warned/kicked appropriately in a few quick seconds.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6849|Nårvei

I`m almost 14 (36) and got the game for xmas from my wife, dont need glasses except when i drive, read, play games and when walking about
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6427|New York
they have been helping me get a few badges lately. i thank them for that. for example, explosive gallantry silver was incredibly easy on the titan, moreso than normal. they just kept piling in the vents like lemmings. knifing has increased for me as well. all in all, i think they contribute well, if it weren't for all the goddamn tk punishes, and running in front of my vehicle.

on a side note, watching a few of them try to take off from the titan is pretty fun too. 1 guy slammed into the side of the deck 3 times in a row. his score wasnt that great after that.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Slickfish
+24|6662
I got the game just after xmas but I don't think I fall into your xmas noob catagory as you've explained it.

I try not to get myself TK'd but I I do I don't punish for it, I'm just rocking about trying to adapt to it from bf2.

When I do get TK'd it not normally for stupid things.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6427|New York

Slickfish wrote:

I got the game just after xmas but I don't think I fall into your xmas noob catagory as you've explained it.

I try not to get myself TK'd but I I do I don't punish for it, I'm just rocking about trying to adapt to it from bf2.

When I do get TK'd it not normally for stupid things.
yeah, you're not a noob really. you have bf2 experience, and like you said, it's adapting to the new gameplay style. i found it easy to transition (much easier than starting up bf2 fresh). i generally worry a little bit more when someone has a '2' next to their name.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Slickfish
+24|6662
I'm also finding it alot easier than I did when I first toke up BF2, but im still not very good at 2142, most of the time I make a dumb ass mistake by not being used to something and getting myself killed, im only on 8hr's playing time.
Magius5.0
+106|6420|UMass Amherst
I hate the idiots that wander the game, randomly get into my line of fire, then punish me for their stupidity.  LEARN TO DUCK, NOOBS, THAT'S WHAT THE 'Z' AND 'CTRL' KEYS ARE FOR!

On the other hand...it's made for numerous easy kills lately, as they stare in awe at my battle walker, firing pathetic bullets at me as I crush them without mercy.
l41e
+677|6687

Magius5.0 wrote:

On the other hand...it's made for numerous easy kills lately, as they stare in awe at my battle walker, firing pathetic bullets at me as I crush them without mercy.
It's so funny when they fire their pistols at your

Tank
APC
Walker
Gunship
Air transport
Titan

This isn't Saving Private Ryan and you aren't blowing up my tank with your little peashooter.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6711|Colorado
I'm sure EA can ruin it all by themselves.
NZDeathBoy
+20|6739|Chch, New Zealand
Yeah its funny when they shoot at tanks walkers etc thinking it will hurt.

Since christmas. The game play of 2142 is a lot different. And its hard to explain what i mean. Titan maps are now boring. They are over too soon.

Too many tk punishs. But the plus side is that i got my highest kill strak. And geting walker kills is easy.

But yeah the game jsut seams less enjoyable. And I just can't seam to find and exact, or just one reason for it. Maybe in a month or so when they get the hang of playing it might be more fun.

Though i do feel sorry for them. They have no unlocks or skill. And they have to try and take on guys with all unlocks and know how this game works..
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6848|Marathon, Florida Keys
So bernadictus, I ordered this game a few days after it came out, i got it months ago but my dad wouldent give it to me till i finished my semester. I got it like 5 days before christmas and im a LT.Col gold already, and i own pretty much anyone i come in contact with, does that make me a noob of the christmas generation? And im not 14 chipmunk im 17.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
NZDeathBoy
+20|6739|Chch, New Zealand
OMG FUCKING GOD!!!

I just played a server full of n00bish n00bs. They saw my apms. Walk into then PUNISH.
And ther ewas about 4 no rankers trying to munity against the commander. And abusing him. What the hell??? They have like 500 points or something. What would they know about commading???

And whats more they whern't even in squads. So of course teh com won't help them. They not playing as A team.

I've fucking had it with all these fuck heads. I don't think i'll be playing for a while

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard