Afrika_18
+26|6581
Picture this: wrecked Essex half submerged pointing to the sky out of a patchwork of ice.  Titan hovering over the wreck.  Wake Island as it was in BF2 minus the vegetation.  No Titan for the PAC forces, but extra gunships.  Missile silos at each flag.  EU mission: take over the island before Titan is destroyed.  Thoughts?
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6547|Bournemouth, South England
Wake whore with 2142 perchance?
Slickfish
+24|6662
I like the sound of that.
Afrika_18
+26|6581
No not a wake whore, actually.  I've always liked gulf of oman, but I played wake too.  Its just that it seems to be a very popular map in general and it would keep with tradition if EA released a version of the map with every iteration of the BF series.  What I'd really like to see is a version of Lost Village from Desert Combat for Battlefield 2 and/or 2142.  That map was the bomb imo.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6588|UK

Hasnt there been like 2142 different threads on this!  Dont think EA plan on implimenting wake, doesnt fit the story as all the action takes place on the other side of the world, but hey its EA eh   What we need is more dam ranks, before they go adding other maps and expansions.

Martyn
Zefar
+116|6688|Sweden
If they are gonna let EU have an Titan while PAC only get 2 Gunship there should be loads of AA turrets around the map to blow away those Titan guns as they can be pretty damn powerfull.

That or that the Titan shouldn't be able to move. Or to make it more diffrent.

The Titan is on the ground due to some mechanical problem and PAC forces are there to destroy it though their Titan got owned by EU forces so they only have ground vehicles and some gunships. Along with all their kits.
Titan AA should be functional to.
But they should make so that the Titan AA can't fire down on the infantry because that would make it to hard.
Inspect@hDeck
+23|6464|Browntown
And why would the EU titan attack an island, how could that possibly fit the storyline?
Afrika_18
+26|6581
I'd put a lot of stationary guns all over the place on wake to combat the titan, plus extra airpower for the PAC.  The rationale for being there could be maybe something like an ore deposit was found underground somewhere on the island.  It could be valuable for fuel or whatever.  Also, as each flag on Wake would have a missile silo, the closer the Titan comes to the island, the quicker it is destroyed, unless the the bulk of the team is on the ground capturing the silos (in which case not as many would be manning the deadly guns).  I don't know....it might work...

Last edited by Afrika_18 (2007-01-04 09:39:12)

BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6630|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

Afrika_18 wrote:

Picture this: wrecked Essex half submerged pointing to the sky out of a patchwork of ice.
Because we all know carriers can't move..  EVER..
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6536

BabySpinach wrote:

sure they did, way back in teh year 1942...
RoofusMcDoofus
+15|6614

BabySpinach wrote:

Afrika_18 wrote:

Picture this: wrecked Essex half submerged pointing to the sky out of a patchwork of ice.
Who's to say it didn't get owned by the Chinese, and it was left there as a monument?  You mean, we couldn't fit a storyline around something other than teh US ftw!?  The story could be that the Chinese buried some cool technology below the ice (something that would help a world covered by ice) and both parties are trying to kill themselves over it, so they can be in control of the process.

It would be a cool map, what with it being completely iced over, and being able to drive anywhere, though it would be best if the water could have receded so the Island is bigger, and more elevated--kind of a king of the hill battle...
Toxin
+8|6595
So you're telling me there are people THAT concerned with maintaining the proper storyline of the game that they actually care where the map takes place?  Who gives a shit?!  It's not like there is a single player version....hell, I never even bothered to look at the storyline.  It means dick to me...and it has absolutely no bearing on how I play the game.  Or where I play it for that matter.
Afrika_18
+26|6581

Toxin wrote:

So you're telling me there are people THAT concerned with maintaining the proper storyline of the game that they actually care where the map takes place?  Who gives a shit?!  It's not like there is a single player version....hell, I never even bothered to look at the storyline.  It means dick to me...and it has absolutely no bearing on how I play the game.  Or where I play it for that matter.
I'm the same way.  When I'm tea-bagging n00bs, the last thing on my mind is a storyline.  Its not like BF is an rpg.  That said, I don't think its inconceivable that the Essex got sunk near wake and that some kind of secret technology, or rare, valuable resources is nearby (to justify having the map in 2142).
OmniDeath
~
+726|6683

sorry, but no ice. if you really care about the story line, no ice would have made it as far as wake. cool idea, sure. but it would be the same wake basically.

Last edited by Omnideath (2007-01-04 12:23:05)

Afrika_18
+26|6581
even better.  Maybe add some ice floes for atmosphere, but keep the wreck of the essex, with maybe a portion of the bow sticking out of the water or something like it.
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6754
The story could be that the Chinese buried some cool technology below the ice (something that would help a world covered by ice) and both parties are trying to kill themselves over it, so they can be in control of the process.
Like.. a J-10!
Proxus
+4|6494

-MP-Nuke1266 wrote:

The story could be that the Chinese buried some cool technology below the ice (something that would help a world covered by ice) and both parties are trying to kill themselves over it, so they can be in control of the process.
Like.. a J-10!
lol
Magius5.0
+106|6420|UMass Amherst

-MP-Nuke1266 wrote:

Like.. a J-10!
The PAC, desperate to defeat the EU in the Mediteranean, sought to make a pact with the devil, and he gave them the coordinates to find the mythical J-10...an aircraft so powerful, it not only killed soldiers, but the people controlling them.  In real life.  (The devil, in exchange, wanted an electric heater...hell had frozen over sometime in 2141 due to... subterranean glaciers)

Obviously EU high command does not want this, and has warranted complete and utter destruction of Wake Island, and any facilities the PAC may be hiding in, with full support of In-bound Titans.  And, if the J-10 does surface, completely and utterly vaporize it, for fear of it falling into *gasp* the hands of a skilled pilot whore from 130 years ago.

my story is better.
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6800|Internet!

Magius5.0 wrote:

(The devil, in exchange, wanted an electric heater...hell had frozen over sometime in 2141 due to... subterranean glaciers)
Lol.

Why do people want another snowy map? Doesn't anyone miss the world when it was somewhat green? If (and we better, damnit) get a Wake map, it should be green!
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6634|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
if, god forbid, be another wake map, EU should not be involed since they are the EU in fucking europe. unless they stage an assault from the mainland US or Australia
GR34
+215|6584|ALBERTA> CANADA

Slickfish wrote:

I like the sound of that.
there should be a mode were both get titans thow and the small part of the island that isent burried in ice has a wrecked j-10 there that an engineer can repair and rape the titan!!! 9the wrecked j-10 4 shure not the repair part
GR34
+215|6584|ALBERTA> CANADA

Zefar wrote:

If they are gonna let EU have an Titan while PAC only get 2 Gunship there should be loads of AA turrets around the map to blow away those Titan guns as they can be pretty damn powerfull.

That or that the Titan shouldn't be able to move. Or to make it more diffrent.

The Titan is on the ground due to some mechanical problem and PAC forces are there to destroy it though their Titan got owned by EU forces so they only have ground vehicles and some gunships. Along with all their kits.
Titan AA should be functional to.
But they should make so that the Titan AA can't fire down on the infantry because that would make it to hard.
have the titan crashed in the ssnow and its engens wrecked but its shields still up!! that could even it out so one sidee gets a titan and the other dosent
te pac cammand center could be at wake and there emperor and there could be tunnles in the snow at wake that would be so cool

Last edited by GR34 (2007-01-05 12:20:38)

Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6519|Purdue

Magius5.0 wrote:

-MP-Nuke1266 wrote:

Like.. a J-10!
The PAC, desperate to defeat the EU in the Mediteranean, sought to make a pact with the devil, and he gave them the coordinates to find the mythical J-10...an aircraft so powerful, it not only killed soldiers, but the people controlling them.  In real life.  (The devil, in exchange, wanted an electric heater...hell had frozen over sometime in 2141 due to... subterranean glaciers)

Obviously EU high command does not want this, and has warranted complete and utter destruction of Wake Island, and any facilities the PAC may be hiding in, with full support of In-bound Titans.  And, if the J-10 does surface, completely and utterly vaporize it, for fear of it falling into *gasp* the hands of a skilled pilot whore from 130 years ago.

my story is better.
I like it.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6564|South Florida
Yeah that would be great. But what would be even better is fully destructable scenery like, blast the ice with a rocket and it would blow up a patch or something. Then fill it with lots of glitches so you can go under the ice and stuff and swim right over to the base and do some more glitches and kill everything. w00t!
15 more years! 15 more years!
IsaacLeavitt
+24|6390
it sounds good to me!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard