LordHelmet
+1|6434

Just wondering how I can achieve the "Basic Transport Badge". It says "10 minutes in a transport vehicle." What does it mean by a transport vehicle? I've spent tons of time in Jeeps and APC's. Does it have to be ten straight minutes or can it be in and out of a vehicle for a total of 10 minutes during one game?

Thanks.

Last edited by LordHelmet (2007-01-02 12:29:00)

acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6730|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
Has to be 10 straight minutes in a round in a DPV, FAV, HMMWV, and whatever the MEC and PLA heavy jeeps are.
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6517|Trondheim, Norway

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Has to be 10 straight minutes in a round in a DPV, FAV, HMMWV, and whatever the MEC and PLA heavy jeeps are.
You forgot boats.. they are count as transport to
acEofspadEs6313

Emil_the_Slayer wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

You forgot boats.. they are count as transport to
Bleh.
Brasso
+1,549|6668

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Actually, it can be in and out as the OP described but it has to be during one round.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
LordHelmet
+1|6434

Ten straight minutes? That's impossible? Unless of course you get on an empty server and just sit there...

I don't think I've ever lasted longer than ten minutes, especially in a transport vehicle.

Edit:

Thanks for the clarification heffeysucks! That seems more reasonable. Can you die and get in another transport or do you have to stay alive for ten minues straight even if it is in and out of different transport vehicles? And does it have to be the same type of transport craft? Sorry for all questions, but I just need this one badge...

Last edited by LordHelmet (2007-01-02 12:35:43)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6603|England

I dont know your stats and am assuming here, but try not playing the "standard 3 maps".

You can have 10 minutes in a transport in 1 round NOT consecutively, i.e. 3 mins in transport, die, 2 mins in transport, die, 5mins in a tank die, 5 mins in transport.
Badge earnt.

Last edited by Snake (2007-01-02 12:37:13)

petropete
+13|6444|Texas
I believe that is 10 minutes on the same round.
LordHelmet
+1|6434

I don't play the "standard 3 maps" I play a lot of karkand and jalalabad.

My userid is LordHelmet (id: 41007624).
acEofspadEs6313

haffeysucks wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Actually, it can be in and out as the OP described but it has to be during one round.
Thanks for the correction Haffey.
LordHelmet
+1|6434

So:

10 minutes same round
Any combination of transport craft
Don't have to survive 10 minutes straight

Right?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6603|England

Right.
acEofspadEs6313
The way I got mine was by driving a FAV along the outermost roads on FuShe Pass for 10 minutes. It was boring as hell, but it got the job done.
LordHelmet
+1|6434

Well you must have to survive for ten straight minutes because I've spent a helluva lot of time in transport craft through maps, died in between, and still don't have the badge. Guess I'll have to find a sparse server and do like aceofspades6313 suggests. I hate to do that though.
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6469|Washington State, USA
ive sat in one for 15 mniutes and nothing happened, ill just try it later...
Sheen1101
+12|6657
Just get in a vehical and hide somewhere; where no enemy can find you and be commander for the whole round. 10 minutes will fly by when your the commander. It's not that hard.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6439|dm_maidenhead

Sheen1101 wrote:

Just get in a vehicle and hide somewhere; where no enemy can find you and be commander for the whole round. 10 minutes will fly by when your the commander. It's not that hard.
Exactly what i did, and for basic g defence and a defence. O yeah and most of my basic combat badges. But that was when I was a total n00b and wanted easy badges because i thought getting 10 kills in a round was impossible.
arnica
+18|6717|Sydney

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

It doesn't need to be "10 straight minutes" as long as it's 10 minutes in a round (IAR), that's all you need.

https://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/116261450.jpg

Last edited by arnica (2007-01-02 13:28:39)

Sir Aidyn Sage
DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!
+32|6401
THe APC is also considered a transport too, this is a good tool if you playing KARK
kkolodsick
+14|6704

Sir Aidyn Sage wrote:

THe APC is also considered a transport too, this is a good tool if you playing KARK
APC is armor, not transport
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6687|Washington DC

This question has been completely answered ... no further elaboration needed ... now, stop reading and just go get the badge. 

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard