Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6678|Brisbane, Australia

Lets face it, sometimes we don't have it as good as we'd want it, but, atleast you get to brag about it on a forum!

For me, it would be the Mumps, hurt like a bitch, and get this, I caught it from the vacination!
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6541|Adelaide, South Australia

Toss-up between two weeks of Chicken Pox or one week of Gastro.
JE3146
+109|6593|Oregon
Type 1 diabetes...

its an illness that never ends...

EDIT::

Began in January of 2000. I had a severe fever, which many doctor's believe to be one of the culprits of juvenile diabetes. Gradually over the months, my body ceased to produce insulin and began burning fat tissue filling my blood stream with a biproduct acid in a situation called ketoacidosis. The HumaA1C level of my blood rose to over 14.5, which is similar to a PH level. Normal is ~5.5 to 6 btw.

Fat burned off because my body couldn't digest sugars. Severe stomach cramps, followed by over 30 lbs of weight loss. Constantly tired because my body had no energy, and I had to piss about once ever 45 minutes in LARGE quantities due to my body trying to flush the acids out of my system. Also due to that, I was constantly dehydrated and drank like a fish. Fell asleep in class. Grades slipped. Inevitably ended up in a 3 day hospital visit, borderline ICU.

Now, even stabalized, I have to take a shot about 5 to 6 times a day, and monitor myself, and watch food intake.

So.... ya... worst I've ever had.

Last edited by JE3146 (2006-12-22 00:38:57)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6785

Explosive diarrhea.

Why?  Because you can't just laze around in a bed and feel remotely better.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6655|Sin City

Two years ago I got hit in the lower leg while ground fighting, and it started to hurt over a few days. It finally got so bad I coudn't walk, and luckily I took a friends advice and went to the hospital. I ended up having a fucking huge blood clot in my leg, that had gone into my lungs and almost killed me. I had to take blood thinning medicine for a year, but now im mostly back to normal. Twas a bitch though.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6716|The Ville
3 years ago I had something called gasgiouinginitus (spelling might be wrong). I was hurting in pain so bad I had to go to the hospital and miss 3 days of school. apparently it caused some gasses to be released inside the stomach. Not a fart lols but something in that nature. I was put on an I.V for 2 days. Luckily my dad is a doctor so he took me home and took care of me there. It was the worst thing I can remember besides a food poison episode a while back. I threw up for 4 hours straight and lost 12lbs.

Last edited by Obiwan (2006-12-22 00:35:02)

RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6427|NSW, Australia

i dunno what its called but when i was younger (8 or so) i used to get really short of breath and sometimes i could bearly breath at all and no it wasnt asthma
Reciprocity
+721|6603|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I've been lucky, worst illness was a bad case of food poisoning.  There were times when I don't know which end of me I should point at the toilet.
Lasdferret
+16|6506
Ear infection and the flu at the same time. Im lucky I didn't I just kill myself.
Every time you'd 'chuck your ear felt like a it was being split in half, Effin A.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6759

The worst illness I had? Uhm none, I haven't been struck by anything that a normal child didn't get. So no serious Illnesses.

I did once this year think I had a STD (Sexual Transmittable Disease) but the doctors soon helped me out of that nightmare. Turned out to be nothing. Doctors still don't know what is was, but it had been going on for 2 weeks, then suddenly disappeared.
chrissy1668
+3|6624

D6717C wrote:

Two years ago I got hit in the lower leg while ground fighting, and it started to hurt over a few days. It finally got so bad I coudn't walk, and luckily I took a friends advice and went to the hospital. I ended up having a fucking huge blood clot in my leg, that had gone into my lungs and almost killed me. I had to take blood thinning medicine for a year, but now im mostly back to normal. Twas a bitch though.
i too had a blood clot that travelled from my leg to my lung i was only 21 at the time, i am now on warfarin for life as everytime they take me off it another clot develops and they dont know why, so far i have had 5 clots in my leg and one in my lung, trouble is the veins in my leg are so naffed i have constant pain and swelling
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6655|Sin City

chrissy1668 wrote:

D6717C wrote:

i too had a blood clot that travelled from my leg to my lung i was only 21 at the time, i am now on warfarin for life as everytime they take me off it another clot develops and they dont know why, so far i have had 5 clots in my leg and one in my lung, trouble is the veins in my leg are so naffed i have constant pain and swelling
Damn, that sucks. I have been lucky (knock on wood), and haven't had another one. I take an 81 mg aspirin every day, that's about it. My leg hurts sometimes though, mostly when I have been standing around for a long period of time. They don't know why you are getting them?
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6714|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
When I was about 1 or so, I was hospitalized for a week due to pneumonia.
explosivo
Banned
+262|6665
i had meningitis when i was about eight

i think my mum and dad felt it more than i did, infact i can barely remember it

full recovery

thanks yorkhill
Home
Section.80
+447|6870|Seattle, Washington, USA

No big illnesses, the only medical problem I have is that sometimes my heart gets off beat. That's kind of scary sometimes. My heart will just start beating weird and it feels weird like I can feel the blood rushing through me like you can feel a rush of adrenaline. Makes me get light headed if it doesn't stop for a while but that's the worst it's ever done.
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6523|Houston, TX
I cheated on my ex and got genital warts on herpes.  Yuummm.  Best part of it was that I gave that shit to my bitchy girlfriend.

Haha....okay, so yeah, I'm kidding.
explosivo
Banned
+262|6665

Homeschtar wrote:

No big illnesses, the only medical problem I have is that sometimes my heart gets off beat. That's kind of scary sometimes. My heart will just start beating weird and it feels weird like I can feel the blood rushing through me like you can feel a rush of adrenaline. Makes me get light headed if it doesn't stop for a while but that's the worst it's ever done.
i get that
like i can just be sitting watching tv or sutin...then - ..BOOM...boom boom BOOM

AND YOU FEEL AS IF YOU HAVE TO TAKE A DEEP BREATH TO CORRECT IT

is that normal?

sorry for the caps there
lt603668
+6|6383|northern cali
..when you snort crushed up vikidon; and you throw up if u drink or eat anything?
psH
Banned
+217|6405|Sydney
Don't act like you don't know Subway, ever eaten raw chicken? ever had severe dirareahha and vomiting every half-hour? ever not slept for 2 days? ever happened when you were on a vacation in a hired mansion with your whole family? uncles? aunties? well it happened to me, and i swear i struggled to keep breathing. I have never got to Subway again. Less than 7 grams of fat in your sandiwiches? fuck you, i shat more crap than the weight of their promotional guy.
beerface702
+65|6715|las vegas
does alcoholism count? jk

probably i would say when i had scabbies lol, you can get it from many places, i think i got it camping. i had it for a few weeks till i went to a doctor and used a body wash thing to get rid of it.

second would be an burst appendix, not really an illness, but man did i feel and hurt like all hell

third was a hernia i walked around with for a good year not knowing, till i nearly died.

i used to get strept throat when i was a kid alot, so that isnt fun either
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6500|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Two and a half weeks of Salmnolla (Post mexico).  Shitting and vomiting all day, barely the strength to get out of bed 103 degree fever.  Fun.
Home
Section.80
+447|6870|Seattle, Washington, USA

explosivo wrote:

Homeschtar wrote:

i get that
like i can just be sitting watching tv or sutin...then - ..BOOM...boom boom BOOM

AND YOU FEEL AS IF YOU HAVE TO TAKE A DEEP BREATH TO CORRECT IT

is that normal?

sorry for the caps there
Exactly! That's usually how I make it stop, it either just stops when I stand up or I have to breathe in and out really big.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6743|Sydney, Australia
I have a constant illness.

Tinnitus. I couldn't be bothered to explain... google it or something.
dubbs
+105|6654|Lexington, KY
I had my eyes swellen shut because I was allergic to something.  We never found out what is was.  I just remember waking up one morning, on my stepmom's uncle's farm, and no really being able to see that well.  Had to go to the hospital and get 'roids to take care of the swelling.

When I was either 17 or 18, I lost most of my fingernails.  My fingers were swellen because of something, I never found out.  This happened for close to a month.  I was working at KFC, and I think that I may have came in contact with something, because I was a cook and had to deal with the blood from the chicken.

Other then those things, which did not really hurt, or make me really sick.  I can not remember anything that stands out.
Historian
+4|6466
Guillain-Barré Syndrome  http://www.gbsfi.com/overview.html
1 month in ICU, 1 month in Telemetry, 4 months in a rehabilitation hospital, 6 months outpatient ocupational/physical therapy.  For the first 6 months I was legally a quadrapalegic, I still can't walk more than about 1/2 mile or stand for about 2 hours before I collapse from exhastion. I've got about 75% muscle control, about 65% finger dexterity of a normal person and when I walk it looks like I'm drunk.

I have seen and lived through my own personal version of hell.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard