MB.nZ
+86|6770|New Zealand
after I reinstalled everything new in this way: BF2 - BF SP - 1.12 this message always shows up when I try to log-in

http://img8.picsplace.to/img.php?fil...rormsg_001.jpg

it happens aswell as when I dont install SP but update the entire game to 1.12 - b4 the newest patch appered everything was fine, so I tried installing to 1.03 and it worked, pitty I cant play on any server now...thx for your help or suggestions
Vim
+0|6723
Hi, I have this exact same problem.

Since trying to install SF or the patch I receive this error at login:

"LOCERROR_unable to open current profile".

I can then go in and retrieve my account, but the same error occurs each time, and now I crah to desktop when I try to start a game.

What the?? (BTW, I have reinstalled everything twice)

Can anyone help me with this problem please.
MB.nZ
+86|6770|New Zealand

Vim wrote:

Hi, I have this exact same problem.

Since trying to install SF or the patch I receive this error at login:

"LOCERROR_unable to open current profile".

I can then go in and retrieve my account, but the same error occurs each time, and now I crah to desktop when I try to start a game.

What the?? (BTW, I have reinstalled everything twice)

Can anyone help me with this problem please.
However, I think only a few players have that problem - too bad, maybe some more players would like to have a request if it would be a mature bug
tosberg34
+0|6721
I get this very same error and I cannot figure it out for the life of me.  I"ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times and re-applied all patches (including 1.12).  The 4th time I only applied up to the 1.03 patch until EA/Dice can figure out the problem.  So now my server list is dwindling down (70 at this point) for me to choose from.  This is totally ruining my Bf2 experience.  I WAS going to buy special forces but now that is on hold and I may never buy it now due to these issues and others (server list disappearing after applying filters, incorrect ping times, etc...).  It all adds up and pisses a guy off.  I've searched high and low for a solution and I only got  1 hit on google until I found this thread.  What I'd like to know is that whoever is getting this same error is running roaming profiles or re-directed MyDocuments folders?  I'm trying to find a common denominator.  Well?
zhushma
+-1|6733
maybe if you buy special forces it will work.  When i bought sf, i had to install a patch for it from their cd, not the 1.12, maybe thats the patch you need.  because i saw as i was installing sf, it said patching game.  So i thought this was the 1.12 patch in the cd. turns out it wasn't it. i needed the 1.12 patch. so maybe you just need to buy the sf game which is worth your money, for me it is because im russian and can finally hear sounds that are familiar to me, no more ahmed from the MEC hah
tosberg34
+0|6721
I think I've found the cure for this error (at least it worked for me).  Anyone interested?
2510MyCountryMyFlag
loving newcastle brown ale...
+0|6797|Newcastle
i did i forum on this to asking if i was the only one
MB.nZ
+86|6770|New Zealand

tosberg34 wrote:

I think I've found the cure for this error (at least it worked for me).  Anyone interested?
damn yes

btw: I got SF and it's still not fixed FFS
tosberg34
+0|6721
Are you running redirected my Documents folders?
MB.nZ
+86|6770|New Zealand

tosberg34 wrote:

Are you running redirected my Documents folders?
exactly - its located on our home-server
ATC
+58|6740|...
hmmm.
MB.nZ
+86|6770|New Zealand

Aslan_the_Creator wrote:

hmmm.
well, I prolly canoot understand why it was working fine when the game was patched on 1.03

anyone has idea if the post 1.02 update will fix that issue?
ninja6o4
+3|6718
I have this exact problem and YES, it is because your My Documents is redirected away from its default location!!!  I have played with this a little and here is what I found.

My original setup had My Documents redirected to a mapped network drive H:\ which pointed to my RAID5 file server.

Patching to 1.12 introduced this LOCERROR.  The really bizarre part is that it would WRITE to the file (and hence ruining all my favourites and video/audio settings), but on next load it would not recognize it.

So I changed My Documents to redirect to my server's IP address (instead of "H:\" it was now "\\192.168.0.252\Data\Documents").  Now it gets more fun.  After loading, I did NOT get the error, but it still did not remember my settings from last load.  So now I"m like WTF??

Looked in My Docs - the files were not edited ???.  Looked in BF2 installed folder and LO and BEHOLD - there is a FOLDER created called "192.168.0.252" with my profile information stored inside!!!  AND IT STILL DOESN'T LOAD THEM FULLY/PROPERLY!!!

I have worked around it by editing the config files in Notepad to suit my needs for video/audio. It is able to read them but it will not save them or remember my favourites. But at least it doesn't give me the LOCERROR at the moment.  Also, it will not save my password.

I am not sacrificing redundancy of my most important files because some idiot at EA didn't think of this scenario - plus, what kind of stupid 1 line bug in their patch caused it to not correctly understand a redirected My Documents path?!

Bottom line - if you're savvy and you still have your original config files (if the LOCERROR didn't overwrite them), you can change your my docs to point to the IP of your server instead of a mapped drive and BF2 will look in its installed folder under the IP number for your settings information.
tosberg34
+0|6721
Okay dudes, here is how I fixed that error permanently:
   Create a new dummy user (lets call him bf2user) and DO NOT redirect his my documents folder.  Log in as that user, start the game, retrieve all your accounts - you should get them all.  Quit the game, log out as bf2user and log back in as your normal user (which has the redirected MyDocuments).  Start bf2 and I betcha' you won't get the error anymore.  retrieve your accounts like you did with bf2user and enjoy.  For some reason it seems like bf2 needs to be jumpstarted with a "normal", non-redirected user in order to recognize the profiles.  Let me know if this works.  If it doesn't, I may have another way that works.

PS.  if you find this unsuccessfull, Try uninstalling the game first and deleting every trace (folders and such) of bf2.  Re-install the game and BEFORE starting apply the all the patches and repeat the above steps.

Last edited by tosberg34 (2005-12-01 19:04:31)

ninja6o4
+3|6718
I tried your suggestion and it didn't work for me Same profile error.  I actually reloaded my whole PC, installed BF2, then SF, applied 1.12 patch, rebooted, logged in as dummy user, pulled my 2 accounts, logged out, logged in as regular user, still got error!!!

My Docs is redirected to "H:\", is yours slightly different?
tosberg34
+0|6721
yes.  mine is actually redirected to my server \\MrKrabs\MyDocs$\<username>.  Hmmm... you should have a profile path in your Battlefield 2 directory then, right?  Normally, that profile would be stored in your MyDocuments but since it can't find it it puts it in the Battlefield 2 path.  What, does your say?
ninja6o4
+3|6718
I figured it out for my PC.  It didn't like having H:\ as the my docs redirect. I got so ticked that what I did was duplicate the default path but in my H: drive.  So in my actual folder for docs, I created a "Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents", moved all my files down to this folder and redirected the My Docs to "H:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents".

I'm not sure what is the real fix here, but I think your My Docs cannot just be a drive or sharename like H:\, or \\server\docs.  It needs to have a few subfolders like in our instance?  I'm just guessing.

Now I am re-jigging all my docs that other programs keep stored on there "Can't find H:\xx.doc!!!" .. damn
CaptainADD
Parabellum
+0|6663
Wait, so has anyone figured out a solution to this?
ninja6o4
+3|6718
The solution is to either redirect your My Documents back to its default, or at least make sure its redirected path has 1 or more subfolders, like I described above.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard