Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6455|UK
im not shure if this has been posted b4 but i doubt it has, even if it has it never hurts to post something helpful again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Usersettings.con

This file is found under your \Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings directory. Or wherever you installed Battlefield 2 to.

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.100000

This setting controls latency (or 'lag') compensation, which involves the game attempting to offset the delay between information being sent from your machine to the server and back again (as measured in milliseconds by your Ping).

In games without client-side latency compensation, you have to lead your target by a certain amount, since whenever you fire a weapon your bullets will actually register in the game world with a delay equal to your Ping. In BF2, whenever you fire a weapon, whatever appears in your crosshairs at that particular moment is registered as being hit, regardless of where they actually are at that point in time. This removes the need to predict where your target will be based on ping delay, and makes the game feel more responsive. However it can also introduce quirks like ducking behind a wall and still being hit.

In any case, this setting controls the default latency compensation applied, and the normal value is 0.100000 = 100ms.

Some people claim that by adjusting this value to match your average ping in the servers you play, it can improve hit detection. For example, if you typically have a 50ms Ping, setting this to 0.050000 should improve the feeling of accuracy in the game.

*Note* that lowering this setting well below or above your average Ping will only add to lag and may decrease your accuracy at best, so stick with keeping it equal to the Ping you get on most servers.

This has worked wonders for me and this along with the GSInterpolationtime at 100 it has undoubtably worked *for me*

Remember every machine is differant, this may not necisarrily work for you but there is no harm in giving it ago

*I SUGGEST YOU READ THIS VERY CAREFULY AS AN INCORRECT VALUE COULD MAKE THINGS WORSE, ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK IF YOUR NOT SHURE*

Have fun killin people

Last edited by Zero!. (2006-12-12 10:43:47)

Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6422|Alberta, Canada

Zero!. wrote:

"However it can also introduce quirks like ducking behind a wall and still being hit."
That part made me say "To hell with it then."
rmilhous
+32|6547|Augusta, Georgia

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

Zero!. wrote:

"However it can also introduce quirks like ducking behind a wall and still being hit."
That part made me say "To hell with it then."
LOL

I agree with that, I dont need anything else to help me get killed. That is easy enough as it is.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard