dynom|te
+1|6768|Chicago
Hi all, although 1.41 installed on my main box with no problems whatsoever, my stepdad uses my second box, and the 1.41 patch refuses to start on it. I've gone as far as using a flash drive and bringing over the exact same patch from my computer onto his, and when I double click on it, it simply does nothing. I opened the task manager to see what happens, the patch appears for a split second then disappears. Any suggestions? Karma awaits you!
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6473|UK
i know this may not make a differance but have you tried downloading it on your dads and installing it from that computer?
DaBigDragon
+3|6777|USA
Go here: www.ccleaner.com and download and run CCleaner on your stepdad's PC. Don't check anything under the advanced options under the cleaner part though. After running the cleaner, run the registry cleaner, (that's the icon under the cleaner icon.) It'll give you the option of backing up the registry before it changes anything. Run the cleaner and the registry cleaner a few times until it doesn't find anything, then completely shut down and restart the PC. Then try and run the patch.

I hope this helps!

Last edited by DaBigDragon (2006-11-29 09:35:55)

dynom|te
+1|6768|Chicago
Yes, I've attempted to install a patch downloaded from his computer. No dice.

I'll try the CCleaner thing now and get back to you, thanks for the quick response so far fellas!
dynom|te
+1|6768|Chicago
Success! Thanks for the advice Dragon, you da man!
DaBigDragon
+3|6777|USA

dynom|te wrote:

Success! Thanks for the advice Dragon, you da man!
Sure, no problem!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard