ATG
Banned
+5,233|6568|Global Command
http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGBHKNBE0VE.html

Further proof that the " Sky in falling global warming crowd" has it all wrong.
They can't predict next year, and they want you to change everything because of what they say?
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6815
ehhh...I always hear this shit....
Fadediesel
+15|6455|Emmaus, Pennsylvania
We got all excited because of what happened last year, thats all.
An7 NZ
+20|6611|Christchurch NewZealand
The world is warming(fullstop)
weamo8
+50|6482|USA
You don't believe the earth is warming (directed at ATG)?

Last edited by weamo8 (2006-11-27 16:47:04)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6659|Mhz

IMO the world has to be really up itself to think that it has that much of an effect on the global climate, the human race simply isn't that significant and the fact so many think we are is just a reflection of the sheer arrogance we have as a race. The worlds been getting warmer for a very very very long time, longer than we've been pumping shit into the atmosphere put it that way, its rate of acceleration doesn't relate to the increase in carbon emissions we chuck out so the association fails...

Now, reducing the crap we pump out for the sake of our own health, thats a reason for change.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6484|The Land of Scott Walker
http://www.latimes.com/news/printeditio … -a_section

" . . . new patterns of cooling ocean currents and prevailing winds that suggested the Arctic, long considered a bellwether of global warming, may be reverting in some ways to more normal conditions not seen since the 1970s."

The Earth is capable of normalizing itself without our help!?!?!  Amazing!
weamo8
+50|6482|USA

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

IMO the world has to be really up itself to think that it has that much of an effect on the global climate, the human race simply isn't that significant and the fact so many think we are is just a reflection of the sheer arrogance we have as a race. The worlds been getting warmer for a very very very long time, longer than we've been pumping shit into the atmosphere put it that way, its rate of acceleration doesn't relate to the increase in carbon emissions we chuck out so the association fails...

Now, reducing the crap we pump out for the sake of our own health, thats a reason for change.
I dont know if that was directed at me, but if it was I just want to clarify that I didnt suggest that the earth warming was due to man.  I do, however, consider earth warming a fact.  If you look at satelite data for the last 30 or so years it does appear that greenhouse gases are a factor (although a lot of these greenhouse gases could be released methane in frozen tundras thawed out by natural warming).
deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6521

Stingray24 wrote:

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-sci-arctic17nov17,1,3657732.story?coll=la-news-a_section

" . . . new patterns of cooling ocean currents and prevailing winds that suggested the Arctic, long considered a bellwether of global warming, may be reverting in some ways to more normal conditions not seen since the 1970s."

The Earth is capable of normalizing itself without our help!?!?!  Amazing!
wow that is very cool if its true
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6568|Global Command
https://i11.tinypic.com/3zqvrig.gif

Cycles.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6587|San Diego, CA, USA
No major hurricanes this year...hottest recorded year was in the 1930s...

I don't mind it getting warmer...its too cold in the winter where I live.

Plus if it gets too warm, we can always throw an asteroid into Iran or North Korea to cool the planet down.

Last edited by Harmor (2006-11-27 17:08:18)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6659|Mhz

Summers will get hotter Winters will get colder, it'll get more and more irratic with a wider gap between the two each year and then it'll begin settling again, like it has done for centuries. In 90 years or so it'll be "Global Cooling the Great Threat to Humanity" on the headlines lol.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6444|North Carolina
Here's how I see it.

On the one hand, there's the possibility that global warming really is influenced by us and we've contributed a lot to its acceleration.  No matter what we and the rest of the First World do in trying to save the world, China, India, and the rest of the industrializing world will fuck it up.  In a matter of decades, the world's air and water is going to be so fucked that it will likely decrease our species' overall lifespan due to things like disease and deformity.

On the other hand, if it's all bullshit and completely cyclical, then the warming of the planet is beyond our control and a slow enough process that we'll all be dead by the time the shit really hits the fan.  I feel sorry for our descendants, but hey, we can each do the world a favor, and don't bring any kids into this fucked world.

So, there you have it.  Enjoy life now for what it is, and hope that you die before it gets too bad.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6588|Southeastern USA
http://www.usatoday.com/weather/news/20 … cold_x.htm

http://ballyblog.wordpress.com/2006/11/ … n-florida/

for a frame of reference for those not in the america's, florida is about 90 miles away from cuba

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-11-27 19:17:35)

Turquoise
O Canada

kr@cker wrote:

florida is about 90 miles away from florida
Umm.... ? 
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
sorry, got a phone call
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6714|Canberra, AUS
Hmm...

We are currently experiencing the worst drought on record. It's lasted for more than ten years.

We are in the middle of a 30C plus heawave - unusual for spring. Two weeks ago we had snow.

I think something's up.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
BVC
+325|6734
I'm not going to offer a strong opinion on global warming because I don't know enough about it.  What I do know is that high emissions, a target of the global warming campaign, are causing damage regardless of whether or not the earth is warming up.  Got acid rain?  Smog?  Ozone holes?

Even if the global warming campaigners are off the mark, the effects of some of their actions (lower emissions) will be of benefit to pretty much everyone in the world; better food, less polution, less lung/skin cancer...
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6570|Sydney, in 1978

Spark wrote:

Hmm...

We are currently experiencing the worst drought on record. It's lasted for more than ten years.

We are in the middle of a 30C plus heawave - unusual for spring. Two weeks ago we had snow.

I think something's up.
yea. your in canberra, thats your problem
Turquoise
O Canada

Pubic wrote:

I'm not going to offer a strong opinion on global warming because I don't know enough about it.  What I do know is that high emissions, a target of the global warming campaign, are causing damage regardless of whether or not the earth is warming up.  Got acid rain?  Smog?  Ozone holes?

Even if the global warming campaigners are off the mark, the effects of some of their actions (lower emissions) will be of benefit to pretty much everyone in the world; better food, less polution, less lung/skin cancer...
Good point...  Environmentalists would probably be better off focusing on immediate issues rather than explaining global warming to a skeptical public.  There are plenty of simpler, more immediate reasons for why we should pollute less.

The only problem is that the Third World will continue to pollute as it pleases, for the sake of industrializing.  To be honest, I can't blame them....
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6714|Canberra, AUS

Mongoose wrote:

Spark wrote:

Hmm...

I think something's up.
yea. your in canberra, thats your problem
You're getting them too
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
ozone hole's "healing"
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6610|USA

kr@cker wrote:

ozone hole's "healing"
he speaks the truth.

i remember reading this somewhere a month or two ago.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6704|NT, like Mick Dundee

Spark wrote:

Hmm...

I think something's up.
Have you read about the poor sods who got the rain we are missing out on? A whole area in Argentina I believe has been flooded for the last few years or so. Farmers have become fishermen. Was on a doco on SBS a few months back.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6760|Sydney, Australia
Seriously if you can't see the proof, then you are plain blind.

Fuck the graphs, get off the computer and go outside. The environment ain't the same any more. IT IS CHANGING!

How much debate do we need?

Mcminty.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard