LionEyez
+4|6651
The whole point system introduced in BF 2 also introduced the point maffia, people that prey the leaderboards ready to brand other people noobs because they notice someone's been in a tank "far too long", or some such thing.

As for this particular stat padding activity, you get a lot of team points for doing nothing useful. Hence we care that people without skill get arguably better weapons faster...

Last edited by LionEyez (2006-10-25 11:48:49)

MDKThePriest
+6|6593

LionEyez wrote:

The whole point system introduced in BF 2 also introduced the point maffia, people that prey the leaderboards ready to brand other people noobs because they notice someone's been in a tank "far too long", or some such thing.

As for this particular stat padding activity, you get a lot of team points for doing nothing useful. Hence we care that people without skill get arguably better weapons faster...
Yeah but if they're so busy stat padding when are they going to use these better weapons? Plus they wont be any good with them if all they've been doing is whoreing ammo crates and sitting on the titan guns. I don't see how it makes them such a threat
LionEyez
+4|6651
Eh. Just the unfairness of it all. Points do not equal skill anyway, but to think you're running around capturing silo's and flags, while all the time someone else is just putting down boxes near some gunconsoles, where he's completely safe from harm, well that just annoys doesn't it?

And the thing is, this statspadder can potentially score a lot more points, without ever helping anyone else on your team. You could lose the groundwar (and titan) horribly, getting killed like crazy, and he'd just sit there getting his points. That I consider unfair. It becomes hard to judge who's got skill in terms of points, spm and all that when people can pull stuff like this.

Last edited by LionEyez (2006-10-25 12:15:54)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6778|The United Center
I have no idea what any of you are talking about.  I just tried this and got no points whatsoever.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6768

Flecco wrote:

I didn't care in BF2 and I still don't. WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT YOUR RANK IN AN ONLINE GAME?

I just want to have fun in a squad using voip and teamwork to cap flags and shit in conquest.
SGT.Slayero
+98|6496|Life in a vacuum sucks
FACT: ppl will stat pad, forever get used to it.
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6715|The Netherlands
THNX gonna try it
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6778|The United Center

bf2_zspyvin wrote:

THNX gonna try it
Feel free.

Like I said, I tried it and didn't get a single point.
Zombe
+1|6426
Last night two guys tried to corner me, one was a medic on my team and the other was an enemy with a knife in his hands. It was pretty funny. I lucked out and the guys in TS spawned on me right as they moved in to try and start their stat padding BS and they shot them both, even ate the team kill to waste those fags.
Ryker
+13|6535
umm.. who really cares about padders? they bought the game so why shoulldnt they stand buy a gun and throw ammo at it. its there money. u just take the rankings to seriously, remebr its only a game adn ranks mean very little.
MDKThePriest
+6|6593

Zombe wrote:

Last night two guys tried to corner me, one was a medic on my team and the other was an enemy with a knife in his hands. It was pretty funny. I lucked out and the guys in TS spawned on me right as they moved in to try and start their stat padding BS and they shot them both, even ate the team kill to waste those fags.
That's scary shit, its like oh, i know what I'm doing for the next 10min
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6661|Washington, DC

Knight`UK wrote:

jkohlc wrote:

dont blame us. blame DICE for all the coding
Dont blame DICE they dont exist anymore blame EA (they bought DICE out)
Don't be stupid. I told you this before. I'll say it again.

DICE still exists. There is still a Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment. All EA did was buy most or all shares of DICE, for a handsome sum of around 17 million Swedish Krona. It's aking to Audi owning Lamborghini. Lamborghini is still Lamborghini; Audi simply bought them.
Paragon
+2|6424
Quit complaining... People like you are the reason that the BH was nerfed in BF2.
Dex Luther
+32|6469|Canukastan

Flecco wrote:

I didn't care in BF2 and I still don't. WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT YOUR RANK IN AN ONLINE GAME?

I just want to have fun in a squad using voip and teamwork to cap flags and shit in conquest.
Why have ranked servers at all then? If you don't care, then good for you. Go play unranked.

Some people enjoy stats to illustrate their progression/improvement in a game. Others enjoy it to compare themselves to other players, so they can give themselves a goal. The later is made more difficult/impossible because of stat padders.

It's like looking at the stats of your favorite sports team. Who cares? You're not on the team, so the numbers are meaningless to you. Right? Well to some people the numbers are meaningful.

Also the stats can help you size up your competition if you're getting ready for a clan match. Another thing stat padders have ruined. It's harder to go into a clan match knowing how good your competition is or what to expect because there isn't always a clear answer to whether they stat padded or not.
Zefar
+116|6680|Sweden

Ryker wrote:

umm.. who really cares about padders? they bought the game so why shoulldnt they stand buy a gun and throw ammo at it. its there money. u just take the rankings to seriously, remebr its only a game adn ranks mean very little.
The thing is, Titan guns dun have limited amount of ammo they have infinitive. So the people are bug abusing to go up in rank and it's againts the rules. Thus they should be punnished.

Also I belive the BH would have been nerfed even if no one whined, why? Because it completely overpower ANY OTHER transport chopper in BF2. So they balanced it out a bit. It's still good but now you need to aim with it. Well you can't repair it in air which is pretty bad.
VIKING-LOVER1
+3|6876
lmao .. wow i wanted to shoot the guns out from the titan' but it kept coming right back ( the very same one kept coming back ) wonder if thats what was going on ?
starman7
+15|6756
First, stat padding is cheap, especially when you throw in the unlocks (which are actually a major part of 2142)
Second, I'm not sure, but I think it may be against EULA (sorry, haven't bought the game yet, my computer sucks)
Third, you are screwing over people who honestly fight their way up when you slaughter them with your maxed-out character which you don't deserve

Fourth, can't statpadders get a life?

However, in all, there will always be statpadders, and we shouldn't worry that much about them.  Just shoot them.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6737|Antarctica
Who cares.  They will get their stats reset in a month or two by the ROE or BFMP.  Play the game and don't worry about other people's stats.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6688|Devil's Perch

Adams_BJ wrote:

So he is taking advantage of what has been put in the game.
Which is utter nonsense in first place.
Titan gun ammo is unlimited, what would it need resupplies for? Crappy coding, easy as that.
Proud member of a dead community.
jord
+2,382|6709|The North, beyond the wall.
I tried it out yesterday.

It works,i can get about an SPM of 5 doing it.

Then i got bored.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6557|Singapore
i tried and got like 20+ supply points in 5 minutes
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6622|Your attic

Hurricane wrote:

Knight`UK wrote:

jkohlc wrote:

dont blame us. blame DICE for all the coding
Dont blame DICE they dont exist anymore blame EA (they bought DICE out)
Don't be stupid. I told you this before. I'll say it again.

DICE still exists. There is still a Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment. All EA did was buy most or all shares of DICE, for a handsome sum of around 17 million Swedish Krona. It's aking to Audi owning Lamborghini. Lamborghini is still Lamborghini; Audi simply bought them.
Hurray intelligence! (+1)

As for the padding, the only way Dice are going to know about it is if allot of people do it, if no-one ever used any of these exploits (or a very small minority do) then they would go un-noticed and Dice would never fix it. If however it gets attention (in forums and the like) it will be draw their attention, and a fix will be put in the works. Personally I've done the whole titan gun thing now and then, not as much as a certain person (check the leader boards if you really want) but occasionally and I stand by the statement "Code it, don't ROE it".
Ice Cold Killa
+26|6475|Perth, W.A, Australia.
some guy was stat padding today aswell probably doing that too but he has been reported to that server he was on and EA.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard